Mafia TBT Mini Mafia XVII - Kissing to be Clever [Game Over/Town Win]

Replacements will be introduced in one mass post later today. It is looking likely that we'll bring six new players into the game: a mix of veteran and new players.

As these replacements will make up a huge number of the playerlist we've decided to extend day an extra 24hrs to allow further discussion with the replacements and to give them a chance to get caught up.

woo!!! 72 hour day!!

Can you put me on the replacement list? I've played Mafia in real life so I know how it goes

More time is always good.

Dad really going to need more on your read on pillow since trundle has the same stance on them as I do.

Hey, just a bit of food for though, there can't be the normal medics and such in this mafia, can there? Like the blue roles will be different, because it's a different story arc than usual?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thought*

So yeah, as Forek claimed to ba medic, that seems dumb because medics wouldn't exist in this story Kissing to be Clever

You know, I sense some team-ery between chees and Trundle. Im just putting this out there, so its not a full on case that someone is mafia, just a thought haha.

?
How are you writing chees off as red so fast and how are you writing chipped-teacup as town so fast?

chees4mees' post is literally
1) it's hard to get evidence day 1
2) endless might be mafia because of his really stupid accusation
ect

I really don't see how chees is suspicious as Forek has said. It's their first game and they don't know much about it.

So, the similarity in both of these posts is trundle defending chees. Yes, only minorly, and it may just be that Trundle believes chees is definately town (which is a bit odd this early, but each to their own), but to me this seems like they are in a team together, and Trundle doesnt even want chees to seem like mafia. (Important role, possibly godfather (ok im getting to into this, when its just something im pointing out haha.))

Hey, just a bit of food for though, there can't be the normal medics and such in this mafia, can there? Like the blue roles will be different, because it's a different story arc than usual?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thought*

So yeah, as Forek claimed to ba medic, that seems dumb because medics wouldn't exist in this story Kissing to be Clever

Doubt that there wouldnt be a medic. Bit of a game essential if you ask me.

There's a 95% chance of there being a medic style role in one form or another in this game. It's considered a mafia 'essential', and while you can play without it it's really rare to see. It's like there not being a cop style role in a game. (Incredibly unlikely)

And Cariad that's a neat little contribution there but as I told someone earlier this game, team reads aren't efficient until we've seen flips. And yeah, it's good to keep that in mind in case one of the two does flip red, but by that time we're almost definitely going to have heaps more interaction between them to make use of. So yeah, focus more on individual reads and less on team reads please.

Okay right, so after having a read:

1) Cheese: So he's a bit of a newbie, but he has also talked about the use of strategies, using the example of yours truly. I might be strategising, I might not be strategising. All I'll say is this is a game of crafts. But he seems to be allowing Trundle to defend him, so he's not seen as a particular threat on day 1. Plus he's keeping his argument up with Forek more so than partaking in anything overly substantial, so obviously the focus remains on Forek's potential to be a threat. Maybe that's exactly what Cheese wants, and more than simply for his own protection.

2) Tom: Strike me if I'm wrong, but he's been using the same kind of tactic as Forek. The whole 'wahey come at me bro idc' attitude to prove his innocence, which could be a joint decoy to feign innocence, when in actual fact both being on the same side of things

3) Trundle: Erm, I do think that he's just making enough posts to stay relevant, he's not really pointing anything at himself or enough to other people to make me think anything significant about him at this point

I've saved the bigger names of this topic because I've seen a lot of readings to and about them regarding their roles in previous games, and I don't think it's fair to comment on that really by anyone, as this is a different game where (whilst experience obviously helps), what they're doing can't be called on through a tactic like that, as it's obviously being called on to manipulate newer people's votes and thoughts.

You know, I sense some team-ery between chees and Trundle. Im just putting this out there, so its not a full on case that someone is mafia, just a thought haha.

So, the similarity in both of these posts is trundle defending chees. Yes, only minorly, and it may just be that Trundle believes chees is definately town (which is a bit odd this early, but each to their own), but to me this seems like they are in a team together, and Trundle doesnt even want chees to seem like mafia. (Important role, possibly godfather (ok im getting to into this, when its just something im pointing out haha.))

Doubt that there wouldnt be a medic. Bit of a game essential if you ask me.

It's a good read and something i thought about mentioning when writing those posts because if you defend someone more than once, it looks scummy to people. Obviously if there was actually a valid case on chees and I was defending them even with evidence that would appear bad but if I were mafia, defending a scum buddy who has no pressure on them at the moment is probably the worst thing I could do.

I don't take you as dumb, I take you as new. If I hadn't played many games I could easily claim 'miller' when I meant 'self aware miller'. It's not an insult to you at all, sorry if it came out like that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

We've got 13 hours left, and I'm going dig into the reasons that justify my push for a bit to see whether I can convince myself that I might be wrong, since I'm incredibly paranoid that I'm driving a train off a cliff and I really don't want to put myself in that position.

Forek, why did you decide to claim medic, then villager, then your actual role? What were you intending to achieve with this line of play? Explain each step singularly.

Why have you not voted a single player that didn't already have a vote on them? Are you going to pass this off as coincidence, or is there a greater meaning here?

How come your read on me reverted from townread to red-read while I was offline? I clearly didn't add any content for your decision to change, so was it just that you'd mis-read my content and were seeing it 'better' or was it something someone (read: pillow) said that changed your mind? I think I can guess this one but I want it out there anyway.

Well, that was actually a stupid mistake on my part, I wasn't really thinking when i made medic RC. After reading the beginning over, and over again, it seriously didn't make sense why you voted bunny because of a cc? So i kinda got a little bit suspicious.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not to mention, Forek, you have still claimed earlier in the game that you are going to be busy half of yesterday and today, yet here you are, posting away. Planning on going AFK to prevent being caught as scum until your life actually is on the line? Nothing you're saying adds up.

I can't say I really want the day to end in a bandwagon like this, still. Does anyone else have anything at all?

Plans can change, no? I was gonna go somewhere but somebody cancelled on me. Do i have to announce that somebody cancelled? No, I don't. But when somebody brings up why I've been posting, i need to tell you.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not to mention, Forek, you have still claimed earlier in the game that you are going to be busy half of yesterday and today, yet here you are, posting away. Planning on going AFK to prevent being caught as scum until your life actually is on the line? Nothing you're saying adds up.

I can't say I really want the day to end in a bandwagon like this, still. Does anyone else have anything at all?

Plans can change, no? I was gonna go somewhere but somebody cancelled on me. Do i have to announce that somebody cancelled? No, I don't. But when somebody brings up why I've been posting, i need to tell you.

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well that was the worst triple post.

More time is always good.

Dad really going to need more on your read on pillow since trundle has the same stance on them as I do.

I could always go into more detail about it later, but my suspicion comes from something people do as mafia a lot, and what I would do as mafia when I was new to the game: post things that seem helpful/analytical like a big scenario rather than actually trying to pick apart people's interactions or making a case - when you make a nice big post of a scenario you look like you're active and pro-town when in reality you're using it to coast. But that's just my read, really.

I'm curious as to why you still have the stance you do on Forek, I thought you were reaction testing with him. The owner being miller makes sense because Tina likes to make stories out of the roles and I have a feeling the owner being framed for something is a part of the game's story - that's something I'd expect from Tina.

As much as I don't want to change my vote again, i will. Trundle sees chees as a new player, and a townie. I am a new player, and the only thing did was question and tell me to die. This is the part where somebodys gonna say, " Hes just taking attention off himself again " No i am not. Why would trundle defend chees so much? Does not posting really make that much of a difference? I hope so.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, trundle has questioned me 3 times about me saying i will be busy today. I live on an island, you live somewhere in europe, right? If do you, i am 10-12 hours away from you. So when i say I'll be busy today, its probably tomorrow where you're at. And as i said on my other post, somebody cancelled on me. I just wanted to clear that up.

As much as I don't want to change my vote again, i will. Trundle sees chees as a new player, and a townie. I am a new player, and the only thing did was question and tell me to die. This is the part where somebodys gonna say, " Hes just taking attention off himself again " No i am not. Why would trundle defend chees so much? Does not posting really make that much of a difference? I hope so.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, trundle has questioned me 3 times about me saying i will be busy today. I live on an island, you live somewhere in europe, right? If do you, i am 10-12 hours away from you. So when i say I'll be busy today, its probably tomorrow where you're at. And as i said on my other post, somebody cancelled on me. I just wanted to clear that up.

I'm Canadian lol

Forek, the difference between you and chees is that your posts are obnoxious and empty yet accusatory, while chees' are just plain "I don't know what's going on but I'm trying to figure mafia out"

I could always go into more detail about it later, but my suspicion comes from something people do as mafia a lot, and what I would do as mafia when I was new to the game: post things that seem helpful/analytical like a big scenario rather than actually trying to pick apart people's interactions or making a case - when you make a nice big post of a scenario you look like you're active and pro-town when in reality you're using it to coast. But that's just my read, really.

I'm curious as to why you still have the stance you do on Forek, I thought you were reaction testing with him. The owner being miller makes sense because Tina likes to make stories out of the roles and I have a feeling the owner being framed for something is a part of the game's story - that's something I'd expect from Tina.
I stopped reaction testing him and committed a while back, and that description about why the owner would be the miller rings true. This is one of those cases where I can see the entire counter argument and see why I'd be wrong and what I'd done wrong to get the wrong read but where if I do back off and he turns out to be red I'll never forgive myself. His play is erratic and contradictory and his pushes are spontaneous and wacky and I'm not entirely sure if I can justify unvoting him. (He's also really self concious and defensive, which is typical coming from mafia.)

Luckily, crunch time is delayed for 24 hours so I have more time to tackle this dilemma.

Forek, why claim villager over miller? (Your actual role) What's the benefit you get from hiding that you're miller?

Also @Dad point conceded on pillow bunny, but I don't agree with it.

Just ISO'd pillow bunny and I'm going to need a clarification, they stated in one of their posts that the difference between me-red/Forek-town and me-town/Forek-town was 'basically indistinguishable' yet is now pushing me in favour of the large Forek wagon. This makes absolutely no sense because either a) you think Forek is town and my alignment is therefore 'indistinguishable' or b) you think Forek is red and you'd go along with that wagon over trying to push your own individual wagon on me. And yeah, I read over your later post but I'm starting to doubt that the egregious errors in it weren't merely misinterpreting data (My votes, my reaction push on you) but you actually misconstruing things.
Pre-post edit: what happened to the terrible logic for townreading me here? Glad I re-read over pillow, I'd almost marked off Dad's read as 'decent but incorrect'.

Forek has ironically had consistent inconsistencies, you on the other hand were very consistent last game and the mis-match between your first sort of content post and your second content post is way out of place. I'm not going to move my vote yet but tomorrow is another story, as much as I hate to do what whoever said I was likely to make a last second switch off Forek predicted I'd do.

Pre-post edit: You know what? I'm going to bite the bullet. I know I said I'd never forgive myself if Forek is actually red and I'd back off for now but at this rate I'm going to forgive myself even less if he isn't and I don't - especially when a better candidate presents itself. The last one I caught on pre-post edit tips the scales. Here we go boys, we're in for a ride, let's pivot to pillow bunny.

That wasn't spontaneous either, I've been thinking over Forek for a couple of hours and while I haven't been thinking on pillow that long, a brief skim of their content last game provides a stark difference. They were ten times more hesitant last game. Well, their entire play last game was tentative. And while people are often less nervous on their second game, I don't think that scales this hard - or even comes close. Once again, unto the breach.

And with that, I'm off to bed. Let the harp play it's beautiful tunes while I'm out, I'm going to enjoy the carnage it leaves behind.

I'm Canadian lol

Forek, the difference between you and chees is that your posts are obnoxious and empty yet accusatory, while chees' are just plain "I don't know what's going on but I'm trying to figure mafia out"

Well there is a 7 hour difference then. Any posts that were accusatory besides the one for tom, endless and chees?

lKo4HC4.png

Our six players who hadn't posted have been officially removed from the game. Those players are: aikonokaze, Captain Crazy Chicken, cuttingedge, DarkOnyx, maounkhan, and NikkiNikki.

Taking their places are: Ashtot, Blu Rose, Cory, Hika, justice, and Runeraider!

As a reminder, voting for Day 1 has been extended to:

• NA: Tuesday 7th July - 3PM PDT / 5PM CDT / 6PM EDT.
  • UK: Tuesday 7th July - 11PM BST
  • AUS: Wednesday 8th July - 8AM AEST
If you know you cannot be available at this time then make sure to vote the night before! Not voting is not an option. Yes, you may vote no lynch. The result will come one hour after voting closes.

hi

ill post thoughts later after i read this entire mess. been somewhat keeping up with the game but mostly skimming thru.

i havent actually kept up since the beginning (i had some technical issues and couldnt get on the forums for some reason)

but ive been following for the day and a half or so.

- - - Post Merge - - -

last day and a half*

- - - Post Merge - - -

since forek is in the spotlight i guess ill give my opinion on him

im actually really confused as to why people think hes acting scummy

if he was a vet or was making more coherent arguments i would understand that, but hes a new player and he's playing as if he doesn't really know what to do, but is trying his best to give his thoughts on other players.

basically if i think back to my last game when people were on pillowbunny when he/she was clearly just noob town, they're acting quite similar

200_s.gif

Back