Smash Bros Your views on "For Glory"

People find a way to spam with every character, they'll find something.

And the spam gods have found it. Played against a Lucas that spammed PK Freeze. Dumbest and easiest Lucas ditto ever.

Also Japanese players are so much more fun to play with , they are actually good and have decent internet. In team battles, I was paired with a Zamus, and we were a GREAT team! Almost always won until these 2 hilbillies with bad internet came in and spammed Link. -_-

Puffie seems to get opposite of what I have. When I play with people who speak my language, they tend to be really good players, but when I run into someone Japanese they either don't do so hot OR they leave immediately in fear of lag. (Well I always lag a bit but still)

Also PK Freeze spam? If anything PK Thunder is more spammable, honestly. If he was doing it on edgeguard, then PK Thunder does work as an edging tool. Though you shouldn't really spam any of Lucas's specials zel.

The charizards that do their little side thing and u roll and they just fall off LMAO slowly they fall to their death as they try and try to recover but just can't

I've encountered two racist ppl recently, JapHunter the samus (ew) and this one's bad, NickDigger the DK.
I usually do team so we started a match and this one guy immediately targeted me as falcon, and since my brother plays falcon I'm used to him and I can beat him easily so I did. So I ended up winning and he changes his name to something like "GRLSCNTPLAY." This went on for a while and when he was on my team he gave the other side free KOs and refused to help. Eventually he just rq'ed

The spammy characters I've found are samus and rob, then this one idiot who spammed zelda's transport. While I was yoshi. How can you expect to hit a yoshi with that stupid move

Like above, I've encountered a lot of people who didn't like me and refused to help me as their teammate. Despite that I can still get a few KOs but it's not very pleasant

Another thing I see often is people waiting for me by the edge and they use the side attack. I main yoshi. And they think ill land on the edge when I can land in the middle of the stage. It's basically a free ground pound for me, or the steppy down move on big characters.

Lately I've been in for fun and some of that stuff has died down a bit. The concept is okay but the people you find are kind of jerks

The spammy characters I've found are samus and rob, then this one idiot who spammed zelda's transport. While I was yoshi. How can you expect to hit a yoshi with that stupid move

Like above, I've encountered a lot of people who didn't like me and refused to help me as their teammate. Despite that I can still get a few KOs but it's not very pleasant

This so much. As a Marth user, my pain when facing R.O.B. and Samus users is immense. Samus waits near the edge, fires missiles, and charges up their energy ball. Then they have that annoying ball dodge roll I find incredibly difficult to hit them in when you attempt to get close. R.O.B. users love to throw their beyblade at you over and over again as well as shoot you with their laser beam in every direction.

its fun im getting better at [nearly] destroying try hard players. really shows my improvements!! before i couldnt touch anyone who was trying

Especially when I'm playing Ness/Lucas.

It's the worst.

Some people can't recover with or without lag. It's hilarious, especially in a ditto or Ness vs. Lucas.

Then there are those who think I won't go off stage to absorb their PK Thunders.. But oh I will and I do it every time.

I ran into this guy playing Ryu with a connection that was making the game run at like 15-20FPS.
He was literally playing Ryu like that one "Ken Flowchart" picture from way back in 2009.
HADOUKEN! -> "Did they jump? -> USE SHORYUKEN
Since Smash Bros lets you control your jump height and lets you fast fall, I just baited out those shoryukens and grabbed him.

A guide to escaping combos in smash bros as Marth/L. Mac/Ike/Roy/Lucina/Palutena/Shulk/Lucario/Greninja
downbdownbdownbdownbdownb

Last edited:
Grabs have 1 second buffering time now. And if you do wait for their counter to end and you grab again then they might catch on.

Chain grabs last longer than a second allowing another grab like Sheik's down-throw to fast-fall u-air to grab and Lucas' hoo-hah if you can catch the second jump with the hah and shield their attacks when landing. If they catch on, then just bait it out for a nice punish or use a different option. The same trick shouldn't work twice on a decent player, but most people on For Glory are on auto-pilot. If it's consistent, why not abuse it, right?

The funniest thing just happend!

I was practicing Palutena (whom I just picked up) and I got beat by a ZSS (2 stocked). The guy switched his tag to "OMG.U.SUCK"
And I was like "plz" and switched to DDD who is my main. This time he used Luigi.

The game began with me throwing him off the ledge and doing a Fair so that he could not recover (He made a very sad attempt though). I ma or may not have T-bagged a bit. heh.

But his 2nd stock was so ****ing funny. I spot-dodged his grab and grabbed him instead adn threw him off the edge, he jumped so I did a Up-air and then Fair'd him so that he was off stage, he then started to come back to the stage with his Side-B but a few F-tilts made him go off the edge again. After a few sad recovery attempts he got near the blast zone and about to DDD's over the ledge and he began charging a Side-B. I knew he was looking for the missfire so I charged an F-smash and BOOM! Missfire right into my semi-charged F-smash.

I died from laughter as he changed his tag to "SRSLY!?" and "U suck". I wrote "oops" and left

Sigh... For glory is a place of wonder <333

I don't enjoy for glory very much. I had this one guy who was playing with lucas, and he would not stop using that snake against me -.- I was trying to use diddy kong for the first few times. I changed to Rosalina after and beat the living crap out of him though. That's probably the best/worst experience on for glory.

God, I've just been getting nothing but "roll-behind-grab" players today or just people rolling from ledge to ledge and using theirp projectiles. This mode is nothing but a joke.

Back