• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What do your extra characters serve as?

Jennycrossing

Bells
June Birthstone (Pearl)
What are your extra characters, as in characters that aren't you mayor? Like if you made their homes into stores or businesses or anything like that, not just for design square storage. I am working on a gym, diner, and my other slot is undecided. I'm interested to hear what everyone else does with their extra characters!

I have two extra characters that I pretty much use for storage. With all the unorderables and series, I set them up in my extra characters' homes. I rearranged them last night as well to make it look more appealing.

I was originally gonna have one character's house be a school and then another be a mobster's house. But I prefer to just use them for storage.

I have 4 characters in Paarl, my main town.

Originally, they represented myself and my 3 daughters (and all four played one game)..., however my kids all have their own ACNL by now...

in my last village they were Harvest Moon characters with matching stores, but in Yomi my side villagers are kinda supposed to represent the dead...lmao
and, well, Witch P. can talk to the dead

Most of mine serve as pattern space, but a few serve as their own.
Marcus is served as a stalk market seller. Maryann is served as a mini fossil refurbish. Ronnie is nothing now.

I will be using all of my future extra characters for paths, to be honest -- but I would like to build a hotel in my town, so at least one house would be used for that purpose :)

I use my extra characters for paths and storage lol. But I also like to upgrade and decorate their houses since I have no more space in my mayor's house. :)

i only made one extra character in NL and his name was Lance
i only created him so i can get an extra gold watering can lul

My extra character exists for storing bush starts, storing unorderable but ugly furniture, and for buying Redd artwork on the rare days that he has two real paintings.

It's also fun to work on filling up her encyclopedias.

I originally named my town Highwind because I happened to be playing Final Fantasy at the time. It wasn't until I started creating side characters that I began to embrace it. First came Cid, and I'm still working on his airship of a house.

Then came Biggs. I wasn't sure exactly what I was going to do with him until I bought the pilot's cap and the curly mustache. Suddenly here was this debonair Red Baron style pilot! Now his house is inspired (very loosely, I will admit) by late Victorian architecture.

No Wedge yet, but one of these days!

I created a second character recently just to hold my extra patterns while I decorate my town :p
I was going to make someone I knew in real life but I just made one up instead. I named her Penelope, and she loves pink.

Extra storage, I've got a couple of nice room layouts that wouldn't fit my Mayor's house theme.
For patterns, paths etc.
For Savanah visits, extra wallpaper. Still haven't got that boxing ring wallpaper.
Crystals. One of my beaches is all crystals, I need a few more silver and a lot more gold.

Last edited:
I have 2 extra characters for storage and patterns as well.
But I also use their houses for the town. One character runs a school, and the other one owns a mall. I like to play as them occasionally as well, to keep villagers from moving out too often.
I suppose I also have them to play as, haha.

I use my second character for extra room designs, storage, and pattern slots. It's kind of a bad idea and a good idea since now that I have more space, my hoarding tendencies are coming back. I have about 20 bushes, saplings, and ores that I'm not sure what to do with and rare items that don't really fit with any theme lol I just want them there "just in case". Also I made my second character since I wanted to play as a boy and because he's a combination of my current obsessions, real and fictional :blush:

Well, they serve as both pathholders and characters I play normally.

One of my other characters is basically used for the owner of a custom caf? in my town. She is also serves as an occasional design/path holder, depending on how many spaces my current path will take up. My other character I just keep randomly as they're a character I like from a video game. (*?・v・)

I have 2 extra characters that I originally made for path storage but they're based on actual characters I have so I've done up their houses to suit their personalities. One's is a hospital and one is a spa/flower shop. @w@

Back