Old Eggs
Yellow Pansy
Red Pansy
White Pansy
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Cake
Which Splatoon amiibo have you preordered?

Inkling Girl amiibo
Inkling Boy amiibo
Splatoon with Inkling Squid amiibo
Splatoon amiibo 3-Pack

Chapters mistakenly priced the 3-Pack for the price of a single amiibo ($15.95) on their website for a few hours and I got an order in. Your mileage typically varies with these sort of occurrences; most of the time they're cancelled, often you get a coupon or gift card back with cancellation, and sometimes they honour them. Hasn't been cancelled yet, and someone else said they called them up and were told it would be kept so... feeling pretty optimistic right now that I'll get all three for $16. :)

Chapters mistakenly priced the 3-Pack for the price of a single amiibo ($15.95) on their website for a few hours and I got an order in. Your mileage typically varies with these sort of occurrences; most of the time they're cancelled, often you get a coupon or gift card back with cancellation, and sometimes they honour them. Hasn't been cancelled yet, and someone else said they called them up and were told it would be kept so... feeling pretty optimistic right now that I'll get all three for $16. :)
Yes. You definitely got a fantastic deal there Justin!

I will hope that they do keep them. May I ask, how much did you save in all? I assume $31.90.

Last edited:
I went to preorder the Splatoon amiibo 3-Pack on a Canadian Best Buy website a month ago for the MSRP of $39.99 CAD (free shipping included). I'm surprised that they stayed there for a couple of weeks after I placed an order before they were out of stock, whereas the other stores like Wal-Mart, EB Games and the likes already sold them out in less than an hour.

My preorder is still there, but Best Buy is still waiting for the stock to arrive before they can ship it around the time Splatoon gets released. A few days ago, I received the second email telling that.

I went to preorder the Splatoon amiibo 3-Pack on a Canadian Best Buy website a month ago for the MSRP of $39.99 CAD (free shipping included). I'm surprised that they stayed there for a couple of weeks after I placed an order before they were out of stock, whereas the other stores like Wal-Mart, EB Games and the likes already sold them out in less than an hour.

My preorder is still there, but Best Buy is still waiting for the stock to arrive before they can ship it around the time Splatoon gets released. A few days ago, I received the second email telling that.

Yeah, my back up pre-order is at Best Buy in case my Chapters order falls through. (quite likely)

Yeah, my back up pre-order is at Best Buy in case my Chapters order falls through. (quite likely)
I am crossing my fingers for you on that your Chapters preorder stays perfectly.

These are what I have preordered in regards to Splatoon. These products were ordered on GAME.co.uk.

Splatoon with Inkling Squid amiibo, Inkling Boy amiibo and Inkling Girl amiibo (Free Inkling hat) Sold Out
Splatoon with Inkling Squid amiibo (Free Inkling hat)
Inkling Girl amiibo
Inkling Boy amiibo Sold Out

Last edited:
I just have the inkling girl preordered. Maybe once I'm a bit more into the game, I may order the inkling boy, but the girl is find for me right now. I just want the cute outfit you get with her. XD

Does anyone know if the Splatoon amiibo will work for any other game or are they strictly Splatoon?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Splatoon amiibo will work for any other game or are they strictly Splatoon?

Splatoon amiibo is not only compatible to Splatoon (duh), but also in Hyrule Warriors, Mario Party 10 and amiibo tap: Nintendo's Greatest Bits. Though, there's not a single game that lets you write data on these amiibo, even though they could.

I just have the girl preordered with the game.

The boy I'm not sure of whether to preorder or not since I'm still not decided on whether I like him that much, plus I dislike his unlock gear. He seems to be pretty easy to find on pre-order though, so I'm guessing he won't be very hard to find when they're released.

The squid I just don't care about.

[edit] I just threw the boy amiibo on pre-order, I at least have the option to change my mind now rather than it 'selling out' and not having the option to have it at all.

I am crossing my fingers for you on that your Chapters preorder stays perfectly.

These are what I have preordered in regards to Splatoon. These products were ordered on GAME.co.uk.

Splatoon with Inkling Squid amiibo, Inkling Boy amiibo and Inkling Girl amiibo (Free Inkling hat) Sold Out
Splatoon with Inkling Squid amiibo (Free Inkling hat)
Inkling Girl amiibo
Inkling Boy amiibo Sold Out

The girl is sold out, the boy isn't.

I would guess Hyrule Warriors, though it will do the same thing as every other amiibo in that game. As far as I know, it only really does something unique with Splatoon.

Last edited:
I was wondering when someone would spot my deliberate mistake. Well Done Tao! XD

"deliberate"

Air quote.jpg

The only reason I knew was because I've had my eye on that for the past week wondering "should I?" and making sure it doesn't 'sell out'...Though the fact he sold out but the girl didn't would have made me suspicious anyway xD

I'm not getting the amiibo anytime soon, only because the game already costs a ton! :p

I'm not getting the amiibo anytime soon, only because the game already costs a ton! :p

Is there big price differences across regions or something, because Splatoon is like half the price of the usual Wii U game here. Even with an amiibo, it's still less than most new games here o_O

i didnt preorder coz i live life on the edge and im gonna get it on release **** u peasants xo

- - - Post Merge - - -

i didnt preorder coz i live life on the edge and im gonna get it on release **** u peasants xo

Is there big price differences across regions or something, because Splatoon is like half the price of the usual Wii U game here. Even with an amiibo, it's still less than most new games here o_O

It's full price here in Canada at $70, meanwhile the 3-pack is $40, so it's more than half the price of the game. It's $60 in the US which is also full price there.

It's full price here in Canada at $70, meanwhile the 3-pack is $40, so it's more than half the price of the game. It's $60 in the US which is also full price there.

Well at least it makes sense now! I wondered why everybody kept commenting on the price.

Is there any reason to that? I thought that it was supposed to be cheaper world wide, or do those countries just not tend to get price cuts at all?

Well at least it makes sense now! I wondered why everybody kept commenting on the price.

Is there any reason to that? I thought that it was supposed to be cheaper world wide, or do those countries just not tend to get price cuts at all?

its full price here, too. but you can go to stored that sell it for like $20 less so

I wasn't under the impression at all that it was meant to be cheaper. We do get some games cheaper here, aka Captain Toad and Kirby, so I don't know what's going on.

Probably worth checking the yen price then: it's 5,700 yen. For reference... Mario Kart 8 = 5,700 Xenoblade X = 7,700 Smash = 7,200 Mario Party 10 = 5,200

Not really sure what to take from that. I guess it's on a cheaper tier.

At Eb games it's $80, whereas the usual game costs around $60-70 and the amiibo three-pack is $50. After I wrote that post I tried to look for it elswhere where it was cheaper. At target it was $60 and the amiibo three-pack was $35 so I guess it's just really expensive there or something :/ This is in Australia btw

Back