• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Splatoon Splatoon amiibo

At Eb games it's $80, whereas the usual game costs around $60-70 and the amiibo three-pack is $50. After I wrote that post I tried to look for it elswhere where it was cheaper. At target it was $60 and the amiibo three-pack was $35 so I guess it's just really expensive there or something :/ This is in Australia btw

target has the 3 pack for $35?

link??

I bought the Splatoon + Squid amiibo bundle. :)

It's my first amiibo! :D (honestly I have no idea what it unlocks but w/e I don't even know why I bought it)

I wasn't under the impression at all that it was meant to be cheaper. We do get some games cheaper here, aka Captain Toad and Kirby, so I don't know what's going on.

I remember seeing a Nintendo announcement that it was gonna be a cheaper game because *reasons*. So far I've seen it between ?30-?35 for just the game with no amiibo (usually they're like ?45 new, for those who don't know the currency).

*shrug*

I pre-ordered the amiibo before I pre-ordered the game, actually. I got the three-packs. Not sure when they'll be coming in, as I've never pre-ordered amiibo this way before.

I just thought that with everything I'd heard, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I got the three-packs. Not sure when they'll be coming in, as I've never pre-ordered amiibo this way before.

If you live in the right country, there's a fantastic way to find this out.

You just draw a pentagram on the floor like this *draws pentagram*, place an amiibo on each corner *places amiibo* and say the words of summoning:

"JasonBurrows, when do GAME and Nintendo Store orders usually get delivered?"

If you live in the right country, there's a fantastic way to find this out.

You just draw a pentagram on the floor like this *draws pentagram*, place an amiibo on each corner *places amiibo* and say the words of summoning:
Only certain amiibo summon me. XD One of the is my avatar picture.

"JasonBurrows, when do GAME and Nintendo Store orders usually get delivered?"
I will answer your question this once... I have received my amiibo 1-2 days before the release up to now with Nintendo Store whereas GAME are likely to get them to you for release date. But that is not always guaranteed as they even state Royal Mail cannot make that guarantee.

Last edited:
DFQrbFx.png

Got the girl and boy amiibo. :D Got the girl in a bundle from Nintendo, and the boy from GAME.

DFQrbFx.png

Got the girl and boy amiibo. :D Got the girl in a bundle from Nintendo, and the boy from GAME.

That's what I did except the boy hasn't turned up yet. I'm not overly fussed, I only bought him at all so I had them both, I don't really want any of his gear so I don't mind him coming late.

I'm glad I've got the shirt though :3 I think I was looking forward to the shirt more than either amiibo.

There was ALOT of squid boy and girls at this target in San Diego. More girl than boy tho.

I got the three pack just this morning. Im planning on using the whole outfit and maybe the weapon, depending on the sub and special.

So, I got the 3-pack Splatoon amiibo from my mail today, which was much earlier than the initially planned to be June 3rd. I haven't tried using them on Splatoon yet, because I didn't cleared much of the single-player campaign. This isn't the only reason why I wouldn't review them until a month, as there's the rarity factor to take account of. And the dusts haven't settled on that yet, because the game has just launched a few days ago and their availability is wildly varying from one place to another. Though, I can give you some quick impressions about each Splatoon amiibo right away.

Both Inkling Girl and Boy are rather pleasant to see from a distance, since there's quite a lot of detail on them, yet it never feels too detailed. The only problem I have is that the former's hair on her head has a distracting seam, but that wasn't enough to deter her awesomeness. I'm not sure if it's just me or she appears to have some noticeable angular cracks very very close to her shoes. The Inkling Boy is satisfyingly perfect from start to finish. The details on him could even rival that of Bowser or even Mega Man.

Inkling Squid is one of the most intriguing amiibo out of the bunch, mainly due of not having to resort a stand that's mostly out of place for a good amount of Super Smash Bros. amiibo. Instead, the ink actually supports the character and complements with him rather than distracting. The design feels quite kinetic, thus further adding the charm to the already well-detailed amiibo. There are seams, but they're relegated to his right side and behind him, so they aren't bothersome unlike the Inkling Girl.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the 3-pack Splatoon amiibo.

i ordered the boy from walmart. These amiibos seem to be really common around here.

Back