3182-3595-3423
Tasty Cake
Candy Easter Egg
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
So basically, my wireless mouse has leaked Potassium Hydroxie.
Is there a quick way to fix it and get it working again?

If its leaking dangerous fluids than I suggest you get a new mouse. It's unsafe to keep broken tech laying around.

Tape usually works.

But no seriously if it's leaking chemicals or whatever the heck that is, get rid of it and buy a new one.

I wonder how many people came here and left disappointed that it wasn't an in depth discussion about the wonders of Potassium Hydroxide...

I would just throw it out and buy a new mouse.

If it's the 'solid' crystally stuff, that's Potassium Carbonate. Just throw away the batteries and replace them and clean any of it off your mouse.

Can it kill you if you touch it?

If it's concentrated enough it will cause skin irritation, burns and/or scarring...Though I wouldn't think a leaky battery will be that bad. Just wash it off and avoid touching it, as you would with any other potentially harmful substance really.

And don't eat it, obviously...

Last edited:
I wonder how many people came here and left disappointed that it wasn't an in depth discussion about the wonders of Potassium Hydroxide...

I would just throw it out and buy a new mouse.

If it's the 'solid' crystally stuff, that's Potassium Carbonate. Just throw away the batteries and replace them and clean any of it off your mouse.

If it's concentrated enough it will cause skin irritation, burns and/or scarring...Though I wouldn't think a leaky battery will be that bad. Just wash it off and avoid touching it, as you would with any other potentially harmful substance really.

And don't eat it, obviously...

It can't kill you if you touch it!?

I'm pleased!!

Well its obviously going to be the battery of the wireless mouse leaking the battery acid
So replace the battery?

Back