• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Organic or Non-Organic?

Swiftstream

ethreal
Bells
Isabelle
New Leaf Token
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Peach (Fruit)
Cherry (Fruit)
Just wondering, do you guys buy organic vegetables & fruits while grocery shopping or non-organic?

Depends on how affordable it is organic. I'm definitely not an "organic at all costs" consumer though. I actually prefer to buy from local farmers over anything. They generally aren't going to use pesticides even though they are not technically certified organic.

Organic stuff is loads more expensive around here (and in most placed I'd assume?) - and just seeing the word "organic" on packaging doesn't actually mean it's 100%, because food labeling guidelines are laughably terrible

I get whatever's cheapest and it's literally never anything bearing "organic" anywhere on the packaging

Where I live "organic" is questionable. I buy whatever looks good, and continue buying it if it tastes good.

I try to get organic, but because most of it is so expensive, I end up getting the regular stuff most of the time. My mom definitely doesn't get organic because she thinks it's a waste of money.

Non-organic. Not sure about other places, but recent studies of the fruit & veggies in my area's grocery stores have shown that there isn't very much difference in the amount of pesticides found on the products.

I tend to get vegetables from the local farm. I expect it's as organic as anything you'll find in stores and it tends to be significantly cheaper than anything you find in stores as well.

Though I don't really care about it being organic or not. Cost and taste matters more to me. As long as I'm not going to instantly keel over and start convulsing from eating a carrot, it's fine.

i only eat non organic food because i heard that organic food makes it so you have mental issues

I don't buy organic because my family can't afford to spend the extra money. I do try to buy local as much as I can though!

non-organic, it's not because of the price, but typically you get less food for more money at our grocery and the tastes are similar, but in some cases such as fruit we try to get organic.

i prefer to grow them at home, organic regulations aren't perfect all of the time and i'm drawn to the affordability of non-organic

but if i dont grow what they have in the store then i usually buy a mix

:blush:

Back