• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How Tech Savvy are your Parents/Grandparents/etc.?

Trundle

Voted Best RPer (TBT Awards 2016)
Bells
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
White Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
I know that my dad is really tech savvy and my grandpa said that he goes on Christian forums and says controversial things that he believes to debate with people so I guess if you're wondering that's where I got it

My parents know how to use computers pretty well, but my grandparents never owned a computer in their entire life surprisingly. They never wanted to learn how to use one. My grandpa on my mom's side I'm a little worried when he uses my computer because he can be pretty rough with things when his temper kicks in.

my father is a big tech savvy, he has 3 degrees, 1 in computer science, 1 in computer engineering, and 1 in aeronautic engineering

my mum and grandparents dont really know anything about computers tho lol

Parents: my Dad is a huge tech and PC gaming nerd, so, incredibly. My mother not so much. She has an iPad she uses just to shop online/pay bills.

Maternal grandparents. HA! My other grandmother loves Facebook games, but other than that I don't know.

Last edited:
uhh my mom knows how to use computers/smartphones well but not my dad. idk bout my grandparents.

My grandparents have never touched a computer, but my mom once had 5 different toolbars on her web browser

my mom can use computers and her phone and stuff
my grandparents have old flip phones from like 2007 and text on holidays lol

My mother is at typical "mom level" I guess. She knows enough to get around, spams me with emojis even though Skype doesn't seem to be able to translate phone emojis, and sends me chain letters, but aside from that she very rarely needs to ask for my help with computers and the like, which I greatly appreciate.

My father is absolutely HORRIBLE when it comes to any and all technology. He stopped paying attention to computers after we packed away our Commodore 64, and when we (partner & I) gave him one of our "old" desktops after building new ones, he was completely lost. He only asked for said computer because WebTV had finally kicked the bucket - yes, he was seriously paying for WebTV, or MSNtv or whatever it was called before it went kaput - and even though he's had it for a year at this point and uses it on a daily basis, he still has so many questions that it's borderline infuriating. At first I was understanding, but to this day he doesn't understand the difference between an e-mail account and a website, and clicks a lot of things he shouldn't, then calls me to come round and fix it. Sometimes by the time I get to the computer I can't even figure out what the hell he's done to it in the first place. T_T

My dad use to work in computer forensics, so he knows his way around computers and technology. He's one of those people who will take anything and be able to fix it - whether it be technology, like a DVD player or a computer, or fixing cars and ATVs.

My mom knows some. She knows how to Google, use Microsoft Word, essentially the basics. She can text, but doesn't want to learn how to download games or smaller miscellaneous things like that.

My grandparents, it's like trying to explain to a 3 year old what a nuclear physicists does in their day-to-day work. Thank god I don't have to deal with them, my dad some how has the patience for that.

my parents their okay
but my grandparents still need help sometimes but they're getting the hang of it​

Last edited:
My dad is tech savvy, but my mom is on the complete opposite of the spectrum. I don't know about my grandparents because they're dead.

My parents know how to use computers pretty well, but my grandparents never owned a computer in their entire life surprisingly. They never wanted to learn how to use one. My grandpa on my mom's side I'm a little worried when he uses my computer because he can be pretty rough with things when his temper kicks in.

Why don't you either:

1. Don't let him use the thing?

2. Tell him not to break your damn stuff?

My grandparents have never touched a computer, but my mom once had 5 different toolbars on her web browser

omfg my mom did too! And she used internet explorer until I showed her google chrome lmao.
As for my grandparents, one set is relatively okay, they use the internet and have smartphones. The other live in Kentucky and have an ancient desktop and dial-up. They don't use facebook or email. I don't know how they do it.

my dad used to program computer games when he was younger and he also built computers so he's a tech wiz lol

My parents constantly break their PCs and it bewilders me. I'm surprised they can even navigate to a webpage. About five years ago, I noticed my grandparents still have AOL on their PC, and own Frogger. This should explain everything.

My grandparents have no idea about tech.
A few weeks ago I was playing on Animal Crossing and they phoned me and asked 'How do I open Word?" and it was like

u srs bro?

Back