The Summer Challenge

conorbamodwyer

Mayor Conor of Carragh
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
This is the same idea as Toeto's one year challenge but condensed into the three months of Summer!! Latecomers are welcome to join as well, just make a post and I'll add your name to the list of Challangees!

I only saw the One Year Challenge thread late last month and I felt like it was way too late to join, and with stupid summer exams coming up shortly I thought it would be great to have something to look forward to afterwards. For way too long I've been playing animal crossing on my own before I realised how amazing this site is, the idea here is that we begin again together! So here I propose the ACNL Summer Challenge to all those who may be interested:

On the 25th of May, we turn over a new leaf and start a fresh town, be it through resetting or buying a new cartridge and we build our towns together from nothing while keeping each other updated on a regular basis. To make this idea a challenge, I've come up with a few rules and difficult tasks:

RULES:
No Time Travelling Whatsoever (this includes cycling)
No Transferring Anything From Old Town
No Plot Resetting (Unless In Time of Absolute Desperation)
No Cheats At All!

TASKS (To Be Completed Before September 1st 2015)

Become A Billionaire
Pay Off Entire Mortgage
Earn 1,100,000 Points In HHA Theme Challenge
Achieve A 'Perfect Town'
Have Every Shop In Main Street
Earn Every Golden Tool (Excluding Net and Rod)
Catch Every Fish Available
Catch Every Bug Available
Catch Every Deep Sea Creature Available
Win Gold Trophy In Every Summer Bug Tourney
Earn As Many Badges As You Can (Prize of 250 TBT Goes To The Person With Most on August 31st!)
Obtain All Fortune Cookie Furniture
Have All Fruit Possible
Get All Hybrid Flowers
Get As Many Jacob Ladders As Possible (Prize of 100 TBT Goes to The Person With Most on August 31st!)
Get All Fossils
Win The Most Fashion Shows (Person Who Has Won Most By 31st August Gets All of The Stocked Prizes!)

FASHION SHOW TALLY TABLE

conorbamodwyer:
00jachna:
Cousteau:
Nimega:
Mokuren:
Lavochain:
Helloxcutiee:
Toadette:
LillyKay: III
Rudy:
Kippla:
JellyBeans:
Improv:

(If you can think of any more interesting challenges, post them below and I will add them to the list!)

On this thread we can keep each other updated on the progress we're making, propose ideas on our towns, post up our new and PERFECT maps, swap friend codes for fruit, neighbour & turnip exchange and get excited for the Summer!

Edit: Here's a really helpful and printable checklist that I found online

http://home.comcast.net/~bloomy-games/acnl/acnl.pdf

CURRENT CHALLENGEES
conorbamodwyer (4339-2465-4459)
00jachna (3239-4574-7374)
Cousteau (3711-8320-7754)
Nimega (1306-8271-4004)
Mokuren (5472-6394-4850)
Lavochain (1435-7025-4901)
Helloxcutiee (3325-1629-3200)
LillyKay (1220-7175-8672)
Rudy (2853-0177-2412)
Kippla (1805-2482-7196)
JellyBeans (1478-4647-3809)
Improv (0104-1079-2182)
Lmaze (3582-9381-8550)
ElysiaCrossing (3024-8263-5166)
AkaneDeath (3024-6990-9390)
Bluetwoen (0705-3333-6494)

IT'S SUMMER BABY! <3

Last edited:
Aww that sounds awesome. Sadly I restartet my game yesterday! So 1th of june istn't possible for me <_> But it's a really good idea - it really helps to fall in love with the game once more :blush:

Sounds interesting. Sadly I don't play much anymore, and I'm unwilling to reset.

Sounds interesting but I see a complication.
On the task list, You have to earn every golden tool but how are we supposed to do that if you can only get the golden fishing rod & bug net via catching all the fish and bugs? We can't get season exclusive bugs and fish if it's summer only.
I'd want to join but sadly I'm going to be extremely busy during the summer. Hope everyone else has fun though~ ♪

Aww that sounds awesome. Sadly I restartet my game yesterday! So 1th of june istn't possible for me <_> But it's a really good idea - it really helps to fall in love with the game once more :blush:

It does! :D Best of luck with your new town!

Sounds interesting. Sadly I don't play much anymore, and I'm unwilling to reset.

I'm on the same boat, I've bought a new cartridge, you should do the same and you might get back into playing it with us! :)

Sounds interesting but I see a complication.
On the task list, You have to earn every golden tool but how are we supposed to do that if you can only get the golden fishing rod & bug net via catching all the fish and bugs? We can't get season exclusive bugs and fish if it's summer only.
I'd want to join but sadly I'm going to be extremely busy during the summer. Hope everyone else has fun though~ ♪

Good observation, I failed to notice that! Thanks :)

get all flowers

Great idea! :)

Last edited:
interesting idea. too bad I reset last month and would never be willing to let go of all my unorderables/bells. that, and I've done so much. my house is almost done and I'm slowly getting pwps... could never reset again, once was enough.

interesting idea. too bad I reset last month and would never be willing to let go of all my unorderables/bells. that, and I've done so much. my house is almost done and I'm slowly getting pwps... could never reset again, once was enough.

Ah fair enough. Best of luck with your town! :D

I want to do this!

- - - Post Merge - - -

One year was too much for me

This I could do though

- - - Post Merge - - -

Get all Shops can be a goal

I want to do this!

- - - Post Merge - - -

One year was too much for me

This I could do though

- - - Post Merge - - -

Get all Shops can be a goal

Yay! Welcome on board! I actually had that goal written down but I got rid of it because I wasn't sure if it was possible to get Gracie Grace in the first three months of gameplay, needing T&T for a month and 3 (or four?) fashion checks. Maybe it is.. I'm not sure?

Yay! Welcome on board! I actually had that goal written down but I got rid of it because I wasn't sure if it was possible to get Gracie Grace in the first three months of gameplay, needing T&T for a month and 3 (or four?) fashion checks. Maybe it is.. I'm not sure?

Hmmm

It is probably possible if you get all shops quickly

I'm actually such a noob... I've heard that term used loads, what exactly is that? xD

You reset stuff in order to get certain villagers while random move ins happens

And if you have adopted a villager from another town you can "choose" where the villager is going to live by reseting the game via a side charakter, this makes the villager plot move to a random place

- - - Post Merge - - -

A google can explain it better than I can xD

You reset stuff in order to get certain villagers while random move ins happens

And if you have adopted a villager from another town you can "choose" where the villager is going to live by reseting the game via a side charakter, this makes the villager plot move to a random place

- - - Post Merge - - -

A google can explain it better than I can xD

Okay I just googled it, it might be pushing near the borderline of cheating in my books by manipulating the game but if you really want to, I suppose you can go for it :p

Back