• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Longest You've Played a Game In One Sitting

No idea. But usually when I get a new game, I can play from 2 to 4 hours in a row the first time I play it depending on the game.

I played Pok?mon Y for about 6 hours the first time I played the game, for example. Never played the game for such a long period again since then.

I think I also played Civilization 4 and 5 for about 6-7 hours in a row when I first got them.

Last edited:
When I get a new sims 4 dlc i can play for about 5 or 6 hours straight. excluding toilet and food breaks.

There was this one Facebook game that I used to play (it doesn't exist anymore) and I would literally play it all day, almost everyday, constantly pulling all-nighters to spend time playing it.... I couldn't even hazard a guess at how long I played that for without an actual break.

As for other games, without proper breaks probably about 8-10 hours on the Sims a few years ago & when the Sims 2 first came out. I usually don't play a game for more than possibly 4 hours max without stopping.

I know that Ive definitely played sims 3 for like, 12 hours at a time. A few weeks ago the smoke where I live was so bad that I couldn't go outside, and Im pretty sure I played stardew valley for at least 15 hours a day lol

I've played Animal Crossing for whole freaking days. Fantasy Life has got me into 4-5 hour gaming sittings. Sims 3 and 4 I play for either 5- 15 minutes or 3 -6 hours at a time. Pokemon usually for a 2 hour minimum. I can game for long periods of time, just like I can bingewatch a series in a day (I'm looking at you, La Casa de Papel). But then again, I can also keep away from gaming for weeks straight. I just have to feel like it and have the time. I love playing a game with a let's play of that game on my laptop while i'm playing.

I recall a seven hour stretch on a Harvest Moon game of some description when I first got it, but I don't remember which, and I'm sure I've played a game for longer before but I happened to check in on my Activity Log on my 3DS for that one.

i was really sick when .hack g.u. last recode came out and i would literally lay in bed and play it constantly with naps and puke breaks in between

Probably WoW, and probably for expansion launches or raiding. Although - generally speaking - it doesn’t take long to race for the max level of a new EP (6-9 hours usually but it varies), but raiding probably took 12+ hours collectively on a bad day. That’s the ugly truth.

my memory is bad so i've definitely gone beyond this time, but in recent memory i've played monster hunter world for 7+ hours on end. i've been pretty sick so i guess that's a major contributor

I think mine was around 12-14 hours. Was doing a game marathon with friends and time certainly flew. I want to say it was Resistance: Fall of Man and Resistance 2.

Straight up for over 72 hours when I was still a student. It was a mega sales rougue-like game that CHUNSOFT (Former game company of Spike chunsoft) made. Despite it had passed over a decade after the first release, yet this game had a on going price like somewhere between 80,000 yen - 100,000 yen ( $800 - $1000? ) at the time. Super duper addictive game, that was.
During this whole 72+ hours, I didn't eat, didn't sleep, slightly took the time to drink water, even forced myself to be patient with bathroom needs (how silly if I recall!) and kept playing it. When it had passed 2 days, I repeated slipping in and out of the dream constantly, and yet tried to keep playing, until eventually I completely passed out, This was not just once even.
This game, and NL is the only video game I play.

Probably animal crossing or Pok?mon Oras? I know I?ve played both of them for about 8 hours straight

Back