The Longest You've Played a Game In One Sitting

For me it would have to be this little f2p mmo called Dream of Mirror Online. I had a 46-hour leveling fest on there once. Aside from that it would have to be Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild when it first came out. Played 13 1/2 hours solid during the release day, then went on to total around 72 hours during the first week (while working part time, mind you).

My binges are few and far between but when I fall into a game I can get lost in that world for a long time.

Can't say for certain. But probably ACNL at some point

overwatch, from 8 in the morning to 3-4 am. thunder would know, he played with me those days lol

i remember binging a pokemon game (i think white which ironically is like not one of my top pokemon games at all) for honestly about 18 hours straight in uni but honestly i'm not toooo much of a binge player, i can play a lot in one day but generally not in the one sitting, i usually need a break after a couple hours. exception for that being animal crossing because it's so laid back, i've probably spent full days with the game running

I had to do 14 hours of Inazuma eleven go shadow to finish the main story + beat the version exclusive team in one sitting. It was not worth it.

I used to play Skyrim and Sims 3 for like 14-16 hours. I still spend a lot of hours on Sims 3

Last edited:
My friend and I got Fantasy Life together one day and we easily spent a good 18 hours playing it that day. After we got out of the character customization screen, we both got the achievement for playing an hour ghghljdlk.

Now, I can only find time to spend an hour or so playing (usually mobile) games. ;_;...

My favourite memories of when I was younger would be coming home from school and binge playing on my PS2. I would no life Sims 2 Urbz, or Simpsons Road Rage. GTA: San Andreas was honestly the best, that had plenty of hours.
Then I got the Xbox 360 and I found new games like Red Dead Redemption, Sims 3 Pets on the 360, GTA V, Skyrim. Alongside that, there were hundreds of hours put into Animal Crossing Wild World on my DS and New Leaf on my 3DS XL.
Then years on I got the Xbox One and now a gaming pc with plenty of games.
Overall, I've played Stardew Valley for a good 18 hours in one sitting, Animal Crossing for a whole day and then Skyrim is easily to play for a whole day - it's so immersive :p

Back in my deep dark MMO days it was fairly common to play for 18 hours during double exp weekends. Grind - sleep - grind. Thank god I'm past that. Other than that, I've played plenty of games for 5 hours straight if I have nothing else to do that day. When I first got Mario Kart 7 I think I played it for 8 hours straight, getting tilted beyond belief as I couldn't three star all the 150 cc cups. Have also 'marathoned' titles at friends houses, gather up the crew and play through all of Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy/Zelda and so on.

Last edited:
I think I played a game from midday till like 7 or 9 in the morning but I can't remember what game it was (probs cause I was so tired :p )

I'm not sure. I've definitely played over 10 hours before! I play a lot of long RPGs though. Animal Crossing can be played in short bursts, but RPGs feel like you need to play a few hours minimum to get anywhere. The older ones also don't let you save just anywhere, so you literally have to play hours to find another save point sometimes.

My longest streak was 8 hours, until I fell asleep- I was continuing a speed run of Pokemon Heartgold and wanted to finish it that day. :D
You know, looking back on that night, that was pretty sad lol

AC:NL- 18 hours give or take?
Skyrim- 22 hours lmao
Pokemon omega ruby- 23 hours
And the other pokemon games? God only knows how long I’ve continuously played those in one go. I know with original emerald I once played for 2 days straight when I was younger, didn’t sleep a wink.

I'm not sure to be honest...I know it must've possibly been one of the Resident Evil games though. Who knows.

embarrassingly, i'm not totally sure ;-; i've played several games all day and through the night w/breaks for the bathroom or to quickly grab food~ so maybe, like 12-14 hours?

Back