• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Longest You've Played a Game In One Sitting

there have been tons of days where I've just played video games the whole time haha;; Most of them usually end up being around 12 hours more or less.

I remember this one time a couple summers ago, my sister and I were trying to beat the story mode in brawl. We were playing the game the whole day, and at night, there was a severe thunderstorm and a few tornado warnings. We saw a huge flash of light and heard a huge boom outside and the house started shaking. A large tree fell right next to the house but not on it unfortunately :/

I believe it was the N64 version of Paper Mario for 6 hours. I made it all the way to chapter 3 for just playing it for 6 hours.

i played a game when i was 11 for about 18-20 hours? it was awful and my butt hurt for the rest of the day. i will never do that again in my life 1-2 hours at most is fine

- - - Post Merge - - -

it even warned me. we see you've been playing for 20 hours. has your tailbone already disintegrated or do you need help with that?

I remember when I was a little kid, I played Pokemon Gold 7 hours straight.

i almost finished hatoful boyfriend in 3 days. if we didn't go out, i probablly wouldve finished it. so, 40(ish) hours. (exluding bathroom/food/going out)

There are honestly a lot of games where I spent countless hours playing them, but I can't remember which was the longest. To be honest, I only last like four to five hours on consoles like the Wii U or the PS3/PS4 because firstly, I have no quick access to things such as the bell tree forums, skype, social networks or anything. I mean, I have my phone but I'd rather have it charging until I actually need it. In other words, all my consoles except for my computer are in the living room. While on my computer, I got more privacy and I have quicker access to social networks to check my notifications. Anyway, I spent about nine to ten hours playing League of Legends. I guess it makes sense to spend that long playing considering each round lasts around thirty to forty-five minute. As for mmo/rpg games, I spend a lot of time on them trying to increase my level status, but I spend a maximum of at least eight hours on them

Star Wars Jedi knight academy online multiplayer for 14 hours probably. this occurred almost everyday from when I was 13-14. the addiction was real.

Probably playing Monster Hunter 3 online was the longest sitting, definetly all night and a couple of hours in the evening, so I`d say 10 hours minimum straight.

Also I used to have a few gaming marathons with friends all day long. We binged on skittles to get through the day. I still dryheeve when I see a skittles wrapper because of it.

Yeah its a bad idea to keep playing, but if you only need one more small thing.... You have to keep going, even when the droprate is like 3%. :D

When my friends and I purchased Blaz Blue: Chrono Phantasma for the PS3, we played it for about 14 hours straight. Imagine playing a fighting game against people for 14 hours straight. Obviously we took breaks, but I can't help think that we're such nerds.

I finished A Link to the Past in one sitting. Must've taken around six hours.
The longest must have been when my friend and I played Secret of Mana non-stop. We rented that game and finished it in under a week. And Secret of Mana is a looong game.

i spent 16 hours one time on animal crossing >< rought a full 24 on GTA. idk i have too much time on my hands on the weekends. i am pretty sure i have played days on end without sleep...

Oh this is a tough one..... I think it's the original Sims for me :p I used to really get immersed into that game while I was designing homes with all the custom content. I think it was about a 12 hour session once. Animal Crossing New Leaf is coming close but is probably near the 10 hour mark.

I dunno. I can't seem to do anything for longer than 2 hours for some reason before I lose focus since I've run out of steam due to being hyperfocused on what I was doing for that period of time.
That, or it's because when I was still a kid growing up, my folks had a rule that my brother and I could only have up to 2 hours of media time per day...be it computer, TV, games, or any combination of that, it could only total 2 hours.

I'm guessing, but maybe four hours is my max? And I believe that would have either been on WoW when it came out and I had outgrown the two-hour limit, or FFXIV:ARR (so, MMORPGs) doing end-game content.

I probably could potentially play video games all day, but it wouldn't be the same game. That, and I'd move around a lot or need some breaks.

Last edited:
o god i use to play league with friends for 12+ hours during the holidays

and i remember playing pokemon pearl/sapphire for about 12 hours straight as well, for a week or something :')

Back