The Longest You've Played a Game In One Sitting

there have been tons of days where I've just played video games the whole time haha;; Most of them usually end up being around 12 hours more or less.

I remember this one time a couple summers ago, my sister and I were trying to beat the story mode in brawl. We were playing the game the whole day, and at night, there was a severe thunderstorm and a few tornado warnings. We saw a huge flash of light and heard a huge boom outside and the house started shaking. A large tree fell right next to the house but not on it unfortunately :/

I believe it was the N64 version of Paper Mario for 6 hours. I made it all the way to chapter 3 for just playing it for 6 hours.

i played a game when i was 11 for about 18-20 hours? it was awful and my butt hurt for the rest of the day. i will never do that again in my life 1-2 hours at most is fine

- - - Post Merge - - -

it even warned me. we see you've been playing for 20 hours. has your tailbone already disintegrated or do you need help with that?

I remember when I was a little kid, I played Pokemon Gold 7 hours straight.

i almost finished hatoful boyfriend in 3 days. if we didn't go out, i probablly wouldve finished it. so, 40(ish) hours. (exluding bathroom/food/going out)

There are honestly a lot of games where I spent countless hours playing them, but I can't remember which was the longest. To be honest, I only last like four to five hours on consoles like the Wii U or the PS3/PS4 because firstly, I have no quick access to things such as the bell tree forums, skype, social networks or anything. I mean, I have my phone but I'd rather have it charging until I actually need it. In other words, all my consoles except for my computer are in the living room. While on my computer, I got more privacy and I have quicker access to social networks to check my notifications. Anyway, I spent about nine to ten hours playing League of Legends. I guess it makes sense to spend that long playing considering each round lasts around thirty to forty-five minute. As for mmo/rpg games, I spend a lot of time on them trying to increase my level status, but I spend a maximum of at least eight hours on them

Star Wars Jedi knight academy online multiplayer for 14 hours probably. this occurred almost everyday from when I was 13-14. the addiction was real.

Probably playing Monster Hunter 3 online was the longest sitting, definetly all night and a couple of hours in the evening, so I`d say 10 hours minimum straight.

Also I used to have a few gaming marathons with friends all day long. We binged on skittles to get through the day. I still dryheeve when I see a skittles wrapper because of it.

Yeah its a bad idea to keep playing, but if you only need one more small thing.... You have to keep going, even when the droprate is like 3%. :D

When my friends and I purchased Blaz Blue: Chrono Phantasma for the PS3, we played it for about 14 hours straight. Imagine playing a fighting game against people for 14 hours straight. Obviously we took breaks, but I can't help think that we're such nerds.

I finished A Link to the Past in one sitting. Must've taken around six hours.
The longest must have been when my friend and I played Secret of Mana non-stop. We rented that game and finished it in under a week. And Secret of Mana is a looong game.

i spent 16 hours one time on animal crossing >< rought a full 24 on GTA. idk i have too much time on my hands on the weekends. i am pretty sure i have played days on end without sleep...

Oh this is a tough one..... I think it's the original Sims for me :p I used to really get immersed into that game while I was designing homes with all the custom content. I think it was about a 12 hour session once. Animal Crossing New Leaf is coming close but is probably near the 10 hour mark.

I dunno. I can't seem to do anything for longer than 2 hours for some reason before I lose focus since I've run out of steam due to being hyperfocused on what I was doing for that period of time.
That, or it's because when I was still a kid growing up, my folks had a rule that my brother and I could only have up to 2 hours of media time per day...be it computer, TV, games, or any combination of that, it could only total 2 hours.

I'm guessing, but maybe four hours is my max? And I believe that would have either been on WoW when it came out and I had outgrown the two-hour limit, or FFXIV:ARR (so, MMORPGs) doing end-game content.

I probably could potentially play video games all day, but it wouldn't be the same game. That, and I'd move around a lot or need some breaks.

Last edited:
o god i use to play league with friends for 12+ hours during the holidays

and i remember playing pokemon pearl/sapphire for about 12 hours straight as well, for a week or something :')

Back