• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Longest You've Played a Game In One Sitting

Ramza

Bofa
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Just as the title says, what's the longest you've gone playing the same game straight? Food and other breaks are included, all that matters is that you're attention was mainly set on the same game for a long amount of time.

For me in just recent memory was playing Dragon's Dogma for 13 hours straight, which doesn't seem like much compared to some other sessions, but it is to me because more than half of that day was spent on Dragon's Dogma. 13 hours straight of hearing that goblins are weak to fire.

Post examples of your poor time management skills if you have any experiences like this.

Last edited:
Uhhh hmm... probably The Sims 2 for PS2. My friend and I played for about 16 hours, more or less lol.

I've played Sims 2 for a very long time during my summer breaks like maybe almost a full day, and also I once "played" cookie clicker for MONTHS, I had ALL the cookies and things, grandma-pocolypses ensued. That game was intense but I basically just kept it open in my browser and then clicked over to buy things with my cookies and stuff. Stupidest game I swear.

ALSO I played freaking Runescape for DAYS at a time, I was in too deep back in the day.

I've been home sick from work a few different days & played AC:CF & AC:NL for about 12 or 13 hours. Easy games to get lost in for the day...

I've played Sims 2 for a very long time during my summer breaks like maybe almost a full day, and also I once "played" cookie clicker for MONTHS, I had ALL the cookies and things, grandma-pocolypses ensued. That game was intense but I basically just kept it open in my browser and then clicked over to buy things with my cookies and stuff. Stupidest game I swear.

ALSO I played freaking Runescape for DAYS at a time, I was in too deep back in the day.

dont remind me of the runescape days bruh

When I was younger a lot of my gaming sessions easily exceeded the 5, even 10, hour marks. Now it's a special occasion if I played anything for more than like 3-4 hours at a time. Longest one I can recall was about 14 hours.

Whenever Boyfriend and I get a new game to play together, our Friday and Saturday night gaming sessions are like 10-14 hours long. Maybe all of two breaks in there; one to get new drinks and chips, and one to make food, usually just mac & cheese or ramen. Quick and simple stuff.
We did it with Divinity: Original Sin, Dying Light, and Hyrule Warriors for 60~ hours per game, and now we're probably gonna do it all over again now that we bought Grim Dawn.
It always sneaks up on us, too! We don't mean to sit here for 14 hours. We just start it at 5 or 6 PM after dinner and then suddenly it's like, "Oh ****, it's 8 AM, we should probably sleep... right after this quest."

Apparently I've also managed a couple 8-10 hour sessions with Story of Seasons.. can't imagine how the hell I stared at it for that long without throwing up from its awful frame drops. lol.

Can't really think of anything else that's exceeded 5 hours recently. Weekdays are too busy, and our weekend free time is usually spent on whatever game Boyfriend and I are playing together, or we cycle between short gaming sessions and TV time and naps, lol.

I basically had an all-day marathon of Minecraft yesterday- which I would say lasted from about 10am-6pm (I ate lunch at the computer. 12 hours of solid Minecraft magic. Worth it.

I then played another three hours of it before I kicked myself off and made myself write.

I once played Dragon Quest 9 13 hours straight. I probably could have gone longer but my eyes were tired from playing and I had a looking at a screen induced head ache. The head aches almost always make me quit earlier than I want to.

I used to play long sessions 'a lot' when I was younger, but I can't really remember how long exactly.

Back when I used to play World of Warcraft during the peak of my 'addiction' in collage, I could easily play from when I woke up to when I went to bed. I got quite a few 24+ hour sessions out of that but usually it would be like 10-16 hours. It was pretty bad really....

These days I'll usually play an hour or two of something and that's it. I'll occasionally get like 3-4 hours but it's rare. That's an estimate based on how long it takes a charged Wii U controller to get low.

The last time I remember having a long session was the weekend Hyrule Warriors came out at a friends house. We were hungover and just sat completing the campaign on co-op, however long that would take.

On summer breaks from school, my cousin and I would play video games from sun up to well past sun down. That is rare for me now, but I do enjoy a lazy Saturday that consists of nothing but tall boys and WiiU. All in all, 18ish hours is probably the longest, with maybe 8 - 10 hours max being the longest as an adult.

i played brawl for an entire 24 hours once.
i fell asleep mid-game. ruined my streak.

I played Final Fantasy 5 for days, but I don't know if it counts. I was going for a perfect perfect file, so I always had it on in the background, but I rarely paid too much of my attention on it.

I believe the longest session I've played is roughly around 6-8 hours long. Forgot which game that was.

Played Brawl for about 12 hours with my cousin once. Had pizza somewhere inbetween. Good times.

Last edited:
I think the longest was when I was 16 and still playing World of Warcraft. I think I start around midday and stopped playing at around 8am the next day, so about ~20 hours with breaks for food. Haven't done anything like that for a long time and I don't think I will ever again. :D

Back