• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Weird Issue

JasonBurrows

Bells
Yellow Pansy
Red Pansy
White Pansy
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Cake
------------------Section 1------------------
I have been experiencing a weird issue for the past year... I started out with getting over-stressed with trying to get good grades on my ICT Level 2 course at college last year and I ended up worrying so much that I ended up having a really weird cough that would not go away.

I am seperately this entire post into sections due to the fact of how long the whole post is and I would not want to have anyone bored as it is important to just see everything.

I do not do this now because I am feeling fine, but I used to look up symptoms and that was never a good thing to do as people can diagnose themselves with literally ANYTHING...

Just so you all know, I am autistic and I tend to become very worried/anxious at the slightest off-feeling experience because I am fully aware of how I feel when I feel good.

------------------Section 2------------------
Last December, I started getting worried because I thought that I had diabetes because I do drink a lot of fizzy drink and I went to have this checked by my doctor and I had a blood test. The blood test results came back negative and so that cleared up the anxiousness in my mind.

Then I had a really odd cough that I had for nearly 5 weeks and I decided to see my doctor as I happened to watch a TV advert which suggests to see a doctor if you have had a cough for 3 weeks of more...
I went to see my doctor and I was checked fully with a stethoscope and my doctor said that everything seems to be normal and she said it seems to be a habit. So that cleared up the anxiousness there.
The cough habit medical terminology is known as a psychogenic cough.

This odd cough actually stopped about 24 hours after I cleared my mind of the concern that I had.

------------------Section 3------------------
Now here is where it gets really odd... Sorry to be gross, but this has to be said to carry on the issue post.
I got stressed because a dog bit me at some point last year and I thought that I would have to have a tetanus jab as I am not fond of needles, but I would have them if it was for something like the Flu as I do not need that as well as having asthma.

Now recently, I have developed a weird burp-like noise (again, sorry for being gross) that started up strangely after the and I am in a situation where my doctor has done a stool test and other tests and they all came back negative, but I cannot decide whether or not to believe everyone around me that says it is a habit because it basically replaced the habit cough mentioned above or to consider more options of health issues.

I have literally just calmed down only recently and am starting to feel good again...
I do not want to get THAT stressed EVER again...

Last edited:
I have had the cough thing before. It was anxiety induced, kind of like a mild panic attack. It would start as a weird tickle then evolve into a cough I couldn't control and it sounded HORRIBLE. I was so worried I was sick.

I talked to a therapist for a short time and realized it was just a form of anxiety. Try some stress relievers. I journal, paint, go on walks, work out, play with my pet, or play video games. Find what works for you and hopefully you can manage your anxiety.

I haven't had a full blown panic attack in about 5 years or so.

((hugs))

Last edited:
I talked to a therapist for a short time and realized it was just a form of anxiety. Try some stress relievers. I journal, paint, go on walks, work out, play with my pet, or play video games. Find what works for you and hopefully you can manage your anxiety.
Mine is really weird because it still happens when I am doing something that is not stressful such as going for a walk and playing video games and becomes worse if I am under stress...

The only reason I am not stressed out now is that I can swallow food fine and this burp-like noise, like my cough actually stops when I am asleep, my Dad has told me.

Last edited:
Mine is really weird because it happens when I am doing something that is not stressful and becomes worse if I am under stress...

Mine was the same way. It is hard to break from it, but learning coping mechanisms help.

Mine was the same way. It is hard to break from it, but learning coping mechanisms help.
I noticed I can sortof control it when I am around a lot of people.

But how would I differentiate it being a habit compared to these three last things on my mind?...

Hyperthyroidism
Hypothyroidism
Thyroid Cancer. <---- This is the anxiety turned on...

Just for others who don't want to read the long three sections...

Simply put... I have had some "what I thought were health issues" and worried about them, had some tests, all tests received came back with no signs of what I was tested for and I am struggling to put the burp-like noise down to being a habit because my mind is kinda fighting to try and find something wrong because it is too easy to put it down to habit.

Last edited:

But how would I differentiate it being a habit compared to these three last things on my mind?...

Hyperthyroidism
Hypothyroidism

Simply put... I have had some "what I thought were health issues" and worried about them, had some tests, all tests received came back with no signs of what I was tested for and I am struggling to put the burp-like noise down to being a habit because my mind is kinda fighting to try and find something wrong because it is too easy to put it down to habit.

If your doctor says nothing is wrong I would trust that, add that with you can sorta control it I doubt you have any serious illness. I get it though. I searched and searched for what might be wrong with me. You can't spend so much energy looking in what might be wrong with you. That is SOSO stressful and doesn't help at all. The internet is the WORST place to look for what may be wrong with you. It will tell you every little thing is cancer and that just isn't true. I would look into seeing someone to talk to or maybe trying things to wrangle in you anxiety yourself.

Going to all these doctors is only helping your anxiety for the short term. Until you find something else that may be wrong with you. You have to break from that cycle, because obviously that isn't working for you.

So basically Andi...

My doctor testing me for everything to do with it and all results coming back negative.
+
Having no obvious symptoms of anything worse.
+
Being able to control it around large groups of people, sometimes...
+
My throat feels tight, but I can still swallow fine and breath fine
+
My burping stops when I am asleep
=
Likely a habit induced by anxiety?

Literally my only symptoms are these...

-Tight Throat
-Uncontrollable Burping
-Reddish mark on throat (My Dad says that could because it is strained with the burping)

Last edited:
So basically Andi...

My doctor testing me for everything to do with it and all results coming back negative.
+
Having no obvious symptoms of anything worse.
+
Being able to control it around large groups of people, sometimes...
+
My throat feels tight, but I can still swallow fine and breath fine
+
My burping stops when I am asleep
=
Likely a habit induced by anxiety?

Yes yes and yes. I had EXACTLY that (with coughing). It was an anxiety induced panic attack. I hate calling it a habit because that makes it seem like you are at fault when really it is a panic attack, and that can be difficult (but not impossible) to manage.

i agree with andi. it really sounds like you're having some anxiety issues.
i don't know any natural anxiety relievers myself, but i think you should definitely try it out, especially since this seems to be interfering with your daily life.

I am not sure whether to be concerned about one thing...
I have a red mark on my neck at the moment. I do not know whether it is because of this burping issue which is quite frequent as my doctor said they are not sure what else to try to test for anything wrong with me about this.

Does a red mark pose any serious issue?

Hyperthyroidism
Hypothyroidism

You sound a lot like your mind is just making up your symptoms. Also, my mom had a lump on her thyroid and they thought it was thyroid cancer so it was removed and all that happened was her metabolism slowed down and she is usually pretty cold so don't worry about it.

Last December, I started getting worried because I thought that I had diabetes because I do drink a lot of fizzy drink and I went to have this checked by my doctor and I had a blood test. The blood test results came back negative and so that cleared up the anxiousness in my mind.

I have literally just calmed down only recently and am starting to feel good again...
I do not want to get THAT stressed EVER again...

There is nothing you can do about it if you get Diabetes, neither can you prevent type 1. I was diagnosed with Diabetes Mellitus Type 1 in december 2013 and the months before all the symptoms that came with it, but my docter decided to ignore it. I was on the edge of getting into a coma because my blood glucose was was above 45 mmol/L.
I've had periods of depressing because of it but I came to realize that I can't change anything about it no matter what I do. I just have to live the best I can with it and make sure that it wouldn't worsen my health.

What I'm trying to point at is that you don't need to worry. Somethings you can prevent, that's true, but you can't prevent yourself from getting all the diseases there are in this world. They will strike unexpectedly and as scary as that sounds, you need to accept that you can't live your life in fear for a disease, stress or whatever you might need to deal with in the future. Live will always have suprises for us, sometimes they're good, sometimes they're bad, but that shouldn't make you to have a fear for life. Look forward to the good things in life that will come and the good things that you already experienced and accept that you'll also experience bad things out of your control. Hope I helped dude.

There is nothing you can do about it if you get Diabetes, neither can you prevent type 1. I was diagnosed with Diabetes Mellitus Type 1 in december 2013 and the months before all the symptoms that came with it, but my docter decided to ignore it. I was on the edge of getting into a coma because my blood glucose was was above 45 mmol/L.
I've had periods of depressing because of it but I came to realize that I can't change anything about it no matter what I do. I just have to live the best I can with it and make sure that it wouldn't worsen my health.

What I'm trying to point at is that you don't need to worry. Somethings you can prevent, that's true, but you can't prevent yourself from getting all the diseases there are in this world. They will strike unexpectedly and as scary as that sounds, you need to accept that you can't live your life in fear for a disease, stress or whatever you might need to deal with in the future. Live will always have suprises for us, sometimes they're good, sometimes they're bad, but that shouldn't make you to have a fear for life. Look forward to the good things in life that will come and the good things that you already experienced and accept that you'll also experience bad things out of your control. Hope I helped dude.
Yeah, everyone who posted here has helped, thanks everyone. :)

Maybe it's withdrawals coz u don't have enough amiibos???

Back