• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

This looks disappointing

Just looks like another gimmick to attract more people to purchase/use Amiibo so that it could become bigger.
Just another way of milking the series for the good of Amiibo.

Well, we all should consider that the core Animal Crossing team has spent their time on Splatoon for the most part. This is probably a side project for the few that have not been working on Splatoon, which explains why it's not a 'full' game. Now, all we can do is wait for more news on this to see if it'll be worth the price.

I am still betting that this is a full AC game just not exactly the same as all the rest more character interaction minus chores, I am betting is a full on game in and of itself...

It looks like it'll be fun for all of 5 minutes. After that it'll be repetitive and dull.

It looks like you need the new 3ds to even play it...

so you will need to buy a new 3ds, the game and cards

Wonderful :l

I'll be kind of surprised if Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer is full price. From what has been revealed thus far, the game looks a little underwhelming. I really like the idea of further customization of houses and whatnot, but I personally can't see how it would be entertaining for hours of play like the full Animal Crossing games are. Like others have said though - the game will probably be relatively inexpensive and you'll probably be spending most of your money on the necessary cards. Still though... I'm probably going to pass on this game because I generally don't like spinoffs ><.

You do not need a new ds
It is compatable with the standard 3ds using the NFC reader also being sold at the same time.

You do not need a new ds
It is compatable with the standard 3ds using the NFC reader also being sold at the same time.
^

I don't even think the NFC adapter or amiibo are required. I highly doubt Nintendo are going to sell a full priced game, and then make you buy an adapter and amiibo cards to even be able to play it. I'm fairly certain the amiibo just allow you to chose which villagers houses you will decorate, rather than them being randomly determined by the game.

^

I don't even think the NFC adapter or amiibo are required. I highly doubt Nintendo are going to sell a full priced game, and then make you buy an adapter and amiibo cards to even be able to play it. I'm fairly certain the amiibo just allow you to chose which villagers houses you will decorate, rather than them being randomly determined by the game.

you probs only get a limited number of villagers/preset ones and the amiibo cards is just to expand

So the game is full price. Not sure how to react to that news. It doesn't seem like a bad game just...not worth full price.

Im so mad that you gotta buy the damn ambiio cards!, like.. Its just a money grabbing scheme! Cant they just give us it for free? Jeez. Lol

I don't understand what this game is? Why make a spin off game that includes on of the basic concepts of gameplay in the orginal game: Designing your own house.

Very confused about why this game is full priced and getting a special editon 3DS in Japan. And it's not exclusively digital.

There must be more to this game than they had originally lead on. This was suppose to be some silly eshop game.

Very confused about why this game is full priced and getting a special editon 3DS in Japan. And it's not exclusively digital.

There must be more to this game than they had originally lead on. This was suppose to be some silly eshop game.

they've literally shown like a minute of gameplay. I don't know why people are so quick to jump the gun and judge that a game must be an "e-shop title" because the only thing they showed was home designing...

It might be interesting if the Villagers houses could expand like the players houses in the main game, you start off with their traditional style and then expand and you have to try to come up with something new, but sticking with the Villagers taste?

If you dont like the look of it then why bother comlaining about it? Just leave it alone and forget about it

I actually do agree. I probably won't get it. I hope that this isn't what the developers have been putting their time into, because I'd like the next game already (Wii U most likely). Hopefully this is just to tide us over.

I actually do agree. I probably won't get it. I hope that this isn't what the developers have been putting their time into, because I'd like the next game already (Wii U most likely). Hopefully this is just to tide us over.

I think what most the people who made animal crossing have been putting there time into is Splatoon, least that's what I heard...

Back