Tasty Cake
Candy Easter Egg
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
:(
As much as I am a lifetime fan of the Animal Crossing Series, this game looks disappointing. The fact that it is marketed as a full price game where to play it you should buy additional cards is upsetting. Especially since all it looks like its home decoration. Don't get me wrong-this feature would be great in Animal Crossing WiiU as a side game, but for a full game it just seems sloppy.

I doubt it will be any more than 24.99 UK pound

That's how much a new cartridge of ACNL costs, so it kinda is full price xD

who cares
it is spin-off
it is allowed to be boring

now if it was main series
then that would be booty

I doubt it'll be full price. It seems like a small enough game for an app even. XD

That's how much a new cartridge of ACNL costs, so it kinda is full price xD

Actually on release, ACNL was ?40 like most other 3DS games (or ?39.99 if we're nitpicking). A new one may be ?24 these days but its been out a while so I guess the price will have dropped.

But yea, I've not really looked at the game since it was announced since it seemed more like just decorating houses which I would get bored with pretty darn quickly. Obviously I don't know much about it and will probably look it up closer to release when more info is available.

Assuming you 'NEED' cards to really do anything with it and seeing that Nintendo have tried delving into the Free to Play market recently, I wouldn't be surprised if this is free to play but require the cards to actually use.
If the cards are that necessary to the game it would be pretty awful to give the game a price tag at all. Even if some cards were included, I would expect quite a few of them considering there doesn't seem to be much depth or substance to the game as far as I've seen.
Not to mention you would need the card/amiibo reader if you still use an original or XL 3DS as your primery handheld, which a significant amount of people still do, so that's another hunk of cash you'll need to throw at it since I assume they'll be sold as a separate thing given the 'new 3DS' has this built in which makes it unnecessary to ship the reader with the game itself.

It's looking to be the most expensive game on a current Nintendo platform so far...And it's a bloody spin-off.​

I agree. Stuff like Pokemon Shuffle is annoying, because it actually limits how long you can play for at any one time unless you buy the gems, and I generally follow the FREE to play section of F2P games. Also, the reader is going to be annoying too. I personally use a New 3DS, but my sister uses my old one and she would have to buy the reader. In addition, people are more likely to lose cards then big figurines. And I know this is a aesthetical point, but seriously, figurines would have been nice. But yeah, for a game that its just home design, it really would end up being the most expensive Animal Crossing yet.
Or we could have another thing like the New 3DS faceplates- you can't find a pack of cards anywhere.​

To be honest, that's what I would expect, but they wouldn't make IRL amiibo cards for a app :c

I'm still going with the idea that they'll have the cards function for the inevitable Animal Crossing U game as well. Which if true, might mean we'll have some form of info on it by the end of the year

- - - Post Merge - - -

In addition, people are more likely to lose cards then big figurines.​

Just buy a card binder. Even a cheap one would do.

Unless you're 5 and your parents don't help you keep up with your **** or something, this is really a non-issue.

:(
I think that was a little mean, but people are entitled to an opinion :)
It would really make a great feature in another game though!​

Back