• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Wii U Internet problems

Azza

Bells
Red Envelope
Pumpkin Cupcake
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll
Hey,
I'm having problems with my Wii U and 3DS, when I attempt to play online, it comes up with an error code. This is with Acnl, Mk8 and SSB. I don't think its the games, it's just that these are the only ones I use online. It's weird, it actually connects to a small amount of people. If anyone has any suggestions to what is causing this or how to fix it, that would be great! :)

A few things that you could try.
1) try connecting something else to your wi-fi, like a laptop to see if its your router.
2a) If the router is working fine, the try accessing either eshop to see if it's just those games
2b) Go to the system settings and try a connection check or see if the systems can detect the router.

If all else fails, you can go to http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/index.jsp and enter the error code.

Yeah we have ipads and laptops that connect fine to the internet, and on the wii U/3ds I can access the internet and eshop and stuff like that completely fine. Its just when I do multiplayer :/ Thanks for that, Ill have a look at what the website says :3

Google the error code so you actually know what the error is and then search for a solution

This, my friend, is what I nickname the "impossible online problem". I've had it once, and I still do now. That's just the way it is. When I got Smash Wii U, magically it started to work with EVERYONE... then I had to factory reset me router and its back to being **** again...

I too suffer this problem. How to solve it... is a mystery.

Throw your Nintendo Wii U out of the window. That might reset the network card. Joke.

Last edited:
This, my friend, is what I nickname the "impossible online problem". I've had it once, and I still do now. That's just the way it is. When I got Smash Wii U, magically it started to work with EVERYONE... then I had to factory reset me router and its back to being **** again...

I too suffer this problem. How to solve it... is a mystery.
XD yeah it used to work with everyone :/ I tried some stuff out last night, I just havent tested it yet. If it fails I think Ill try calling nintendo ^^

I've had the same issue since 2013 on my 3DS and since December 2014 (when I got my Wii U) and I still have no solution. I feel your pain everyday. :/

I've had the same issue since 2013 on my 3DS and since December 2014 (when I got my Wii U) and I still have no solution. I feel your pain everyday. :/

;( I know. Ive tried a fair bit of the stuff online on the nintendo support website. Im just stuck with this weird DMZ thing XD. I think Im going to contact them soon and see if they can help :/

Back