• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

3DS has suddenly died? :(

carlaeleni

Bells
I've been using my secondhand 3DS for almost a year and never had any problems, and then when I was using the browser a little while ago it crashed. It now immediately crashes when I try to turn it on...I've never dropped it, spilled water on it etc - does anyone know why it's suddenly done this?
Honestly I'm quite upset about it as I literally go on acnl every day to check on everything...if I can't get on it for god knows how long and someone has moved away (I was only one away from having all my dreamies) I'll probably cry hahaha.
I can't afford to send it off to be fixed so I'm not sure what to do ):

I'm sorry to hear about your issue :/. I don't have any solutions, but perhaps this is a good excuse to upgrade to a new device? It depends on whether you'd rather spend less money to get it fixed or invest that plus some additional money to upgrade entirely.

Good luck!

Maybe it needs a new battery?

Maybe! Thanks for your suggestion

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm sorry to hear about your issue :/. I don't have any solutions, but perhaps this is a good excuse to upgrade to a new device? It depends on whether you'd rather spend less money to get it fixed or invest that plus some additional money to upgrade entirely.

Good luck!

I was thinking about that too! Getting a new one will probably end up only costing me a little more than sending it off to be fixed. Thank you for your sweet response!

No error message, it would just crash! I can now turn it on fine but the top screen is just black. Would this still be a battery issue?? I'm sorry I have absolutely no knowledge of consoles, I literally only have it to play ACNL haha

No error message, it would just crash! I can now turn it on fine but the top screen is just black. Would this still be a battery issue?? I'm sorry I have absolutely no knowledge of consoles, I literally only have it to play ACNL haha

Battery or other hardware related issue I would think. Have you dropped your 3DS lately?

Battery or other hardware related issue I would think. Have you dropped your 3DS lately?

Nope, not that I can remember. I used it fine for a few minutes and then it just started making a popping noise and switching itself off...

That is weird, I don't know what happened, maybe you should send it to nintendo, and they can fix it.

It's a cord issue! When my 3DS snapped, I couldn't turn it on. THEN I pushed it back in a position, its BOTTOM screen worked. It's a cord issue.

Nope, not that I can remember. I used it fine for a few minutes and then it just started making a popping noise and switching itself off...

Popping? It hasn't gotten wet either has it? If it hasn't then you're without a doubt gonna need to send it to Nintendo.

does the bottom screen work? if it does then it might not be crashing

If the bottom screen does work then there could be a cut in something somewhere where it is making the pixels blowout on the top screen.

Back