• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon How Do You Make Pokemon Fun?

Think I have listed most. But Wonder trade.. I probably said also but I like it. It's a good way to complete you Dex or get shinies :3

Think I have listed most. But Wonder trade.. I probably said also but I like it. It's a good way to complete you Dex or get shinies :3

I've actually started Wonder Trading a lot recently.

I like sending off a pokemon that's fully evolved and I'm finished with and seeing what the coolest Pokemon I get in return is, evolving it, rinse, repeat.

I get really disappointed when the Pokemon I get don't have nicknames though. It's just nice when they have a nickname...Except for one that I got that had a really racist nickname that was kind of *ewwww*, so I ended up releasing it rather than putting it back in trade for somebody that might actually get offended to find -.-

Lol. yeah I've seen a lot of racist slurs as greetings and people who try to find loopholes in the filters like naming. them d.ick and stuff

Idk if they fixed this but nintendo had really fun banning weedle, froslass and cofagrigus because they had bad names in them >>

I, like many people on this thread, enjoy nuzlocking. It's a fun Challenge, allows you to use pokemon that you wouldn't normally use, and 'terrible pokemon' could end up being the MVP of the Team. For proof of this, look up Nuptup.

Fun challenge. Nah, if it was only use a team of 6 Zigzagoons, sure. And I don't like releasing Pok?mon just because they "die".

Most people implement a 'dupes clause' that states that If you've already caught a pokemon, you use the first unique pokemon you encounter.
For example:
Route 1: pidgey
Route 2: 1st is pidgey, so I can continue until I catch a, rattata, or instance.

Or you can use a randomizer, or do a wonderlocke to avoid using the route 1-type mons.

each to their own then.

i personally just don't get the competitive fun i guess with that.

as for teams i have a few cornerstones the rest i switch around :] And I level up stuff for dex entries

I, like many people on this thread, enjoy nuzlocking. It's a fun Challenge, allows you to use pokemon that you wouldn't normally use, and 'terrible pokemon' could end up being the MVP of the Team. For proof of this, look up Nuptup.

That's why I love nuzlockes. I've said it before, but it's always fun to see how far a pokemon will go in the journey. There's also a chance of training a pokemon you wouldn't normally use.

In my AS nuzlocke, my Poochyena/Mightyena wound up being the MVP, and took down the champ's mega in two hits (I was only one level over his pokemon, and only because I gained two levels when I went through the E4).
I don't think there are many players who would take a Mightyena and the Cosplay Pikachu through the E4 and champ.
I even got a Linoone and Swellow to the E4, too.

Mightyena is really good if you give it the right moves so I'm not really surprised. Aaand Pikachu as well as long as the people don't overuse Earthquake :p

Anyways, to make it fun I collect a crapton of Umbreons. I still need an italian/Spanish though nad probably a korean

Play at your own pace. Don't try to rush through the game just because your friends have already beaten it, because then you won't enjoy it. Also don't go SOOO slow getting everything or your get bored and you won't enjoy it. Play at your own pace, because that pace is the pace your going to get the most fun out of the game

Anyways, to make it fun I collect a crapton of Umbreons. I still need an italian/Spanish though nad probably a korean

Ohh I had a bunch of shiny korean eevees a couple months back but I WT'd them all away : ( Shame shame

Completing the dex. Also, I love experiencing absolutely everything I can in the game story-wise - talking to all NPCs, doing side quests, exploring every nook and cranny for every hidden item or cool view.

Ohh I had a bunch of shiny korean eevees a couple months back but I WT'd them all away : ( Shame shame

they will revert into english umbreon if i evolve them outside a korean game, thanks though :)

when I play pokemon I set myself these goals:
----------------------------------------------------
- try to 100% the game as much as possible
- try to catch them all to complete the pokedex
- go on a hunt for shiny pokemon and legends on the gts and in-game
- try to get all the vivillon and unown patterns/shapes
- try to catch both genders of each pokemon
- try to breed and raise the perfect pokemon

I got one Unown from a WT, traded it further though cause I don't really collect them, only wanted for Dex.

Back