-Hamato Rapheal

-Himura Kenshin

-Lisbeth Salander

-Angewomon

-Hikari from Digimon

Last edited:
I don't have one, but in a literal sense, there's Crush from Finding Nemo :p

Fictional crushes are creepy and weird.

I disagree. I feel like being able to fall in love with a fictional character means you are capable of loving someone for their personality rather their looks or whatever. It only gets weird when you start to find people just like them in real life.

I disagree. I feel like being able to fall in love with a fictional character means you are capable of loving someone for their personality rather their looks or whatever. It only gets weird when you start to find people just like them in real life.
I don't really see how that is, considering fictional characters do have an appearance and someone can like them for that.

Not when you read the books first :p
I wouldn't say crushes on book characters are particularly common, I mean they usually have a description of their appearance, but I guess you can appreciate the personality more when you don't have illustrations. I just don't really see that with cartoons/video games.

I had the hugest crush on Edward when I first read the Twilight series... I was 12, don't judge. I currently don't have any fictional crushes and I haven't for quite some time.

Last edited:
Skyhook please stop you were actually the one being rude in the first place.
I don't see how that is but ok. I just stated my opinion. I didn't want to start an argument or anything, sorry if it came off that way.

Last edited:

But characters get physical descriptions a lot of the time.

I would imagine that with it being largely down to your imagination that it would be easier to have a physical crush on somebody from a book, if for the only reason being that you've filled in the gaps yourself and (especially with an 'attractive character') pasted on certain features that you personally find attractive.

Last edited:
Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds
Amelia Shepherd from Grey's Anatomy
Garnet from Steven Universe
Lisbeth Salander from Millenium
Levi Ackerman from Shingeki No Kyojin
Kaoru Hitachiin and Haruhi Fujioka from Ouran High School Host Club
Suzuya Juuzou from Tokyou Kushu

I fall for intelligent weirdos so easily omfg

i wouldn't say they're my crushes since fictional characters are fictional characters, but i have huge soft spots for jake english and john egbert from homestuck. can't think of any other people at the moment, but i'm sure there are plenty.

I wouldn't say crushes on book characters are particularly common, I mean they usually have a description of their appearance, but I guess you can appreciate the personality more when you don't have illustrations. I just don't really see that with cartoons/video games.

You are so, so wrong. Just go to Tumblr and look up at book blog. If it's run by a girl, she has a crush on a character in a book.

Also, I'm not gonna lie. I'm able to like cartoon and video game and comic book characters because I relate to them or admire them in some way. I appreciate the struggles they go through as characters, and I wish I could be there for them to give them strength the way they give it to me. It may seem pointless to you, but to me it's the same as falling in love with an actual person. It's just loving a celebrity. And I realize they can never, ever reciprocate my emotions, and that is honestly heartbreaking, in some cases. There are characters who have been so present and such powerful influences over me throughout my entire life, I would not be able to cope without them because of what they represent to me. That's why I write fanfictions, too.

Back