What Scared you as a kid?

Not even kidding, the Hash-Slinging Slasher on Spongebob.
After watching the episode, I cried and slept with my mom for a week.
She still makes fun of me to this day.

A lot of the disturbing things on Flapjack scared me, like the candy wife and THIS CAT! I had nightmares about this cat, not joking. And it was like when I was a teen, and it still creeps me out today so I mean, that show was canceled for a reason.

Whenever I used to go to my oldest cousins' house for their birthdays and Father's day, I would watch them play games on their SNES. I got scared when they played Zombies Ate My Neighbors. The combination of the music, enemies, sound effects, and the overall cartoony atmosphere got to me. I should consider myself lucky I never saw them get to the later levels back then.

I was also scared of the game over screens from the '007' game for the N64. Whenever my brother and dad played multiplayer I would walk out of the room, though I'd stay close because it was fun to listen to their banter. Especially when one of them accidently lost by blowing themselves up with a grenade.

The death of Bambi's mum.

And some movie about people undergoing a sex-change. I don't really remember much and a neighbour just wanted to watch it because it was funny. She also stole a book from a supermarket... and that just disturbed me greatly on top of that movie I was exposed to so I never went over again.

Also there was some movie where someone stuck a fork in their eye or someone elses, and then ate it.

Adultery.

Mostly just movies that were outside of my comfort zone... for a 5 year old.

I'm not sure if this is silly cause it's pretty traumatic... I once saw a viral video of a victim of an accident, who got hit by truck while riding a motorcycle in a highway. The body was brutal and horrible, I'm not sure why anyone would record it. There was also a rumor about a haunted song that turns creepy if you play it in reverse, and apparently the singer of the song was the boyfriend of the victim?

That night, I kept thinking of the song and the victim, and I got really scared that they'll haunt me now that I've heard the song and saw the video. I kept crying and couldn't sleep, so I moved to my sister's room to sleep. I'm still crying and disrupted my sister's sleep, so she moved me to my parents' room. I couldn't sleep even then, and wouldn't stop crying and wailing. I guess eventually I tired myself out from crying and fell asleep. My parents lectured me about watching scary stuff after that. Ever since then, I never watch anything horror if I knew I'd be too scared to sleep at night.

Nowadays I look up horror stuff out of curiosity even though I freak out easily, and I don't have trouble sleeping anymore because I just distract myself with my phone or by playing video games. I stay away out of real life stuff though, that's just disrespectful and wrong.

I was terrified of ET as a child, and used to make my Mum close the curtains so tight that there were no gaps as I was frightened that ET would peer into my window and start screaming with his scary-a$$ long neck. Ugh. I also used to think there were ghosts and skeletons under my bed and I would write them notes and put plates of cookies under my bed and say things like "Please don't eat me, have these cookies instead". Sigh.

When I was on holiday when I was five, my dad put a movie on the TV for background noise because we were having a "party". I can't remember the name of it but it scared me. There was this weird scene where a guy had to squeeze into the trunk of a car, then the car flipped over a cliff or something and when they opened the trunk the guy's body was completely squashed and square.

Another thing that scared me as a child was a character from the Phoenix Wright games. I loved those games to death and still do, but this guy always scared me. maxresdefault.jpg

I was always terrified when my parents would drive on roads that were on cliffs without guard rails. We lived in a mountainous area so it happened pretty frequently. My parents weren't bad drivers or anything, but I was always afraid something weird would happen and we'd tumble in the car down a ravine or into a lake or something.

Earwigs. I've long overcome my fear of them now, but as a kid had a really bad phobia of them. No idea why, as other bugs had never bothered me.

Last edited:
One thing I have always been afraid of is when you look at something and there is nothing there and then you blink and there is something there, always gave me a jump scare, hate jump scares and the idea of ghosts xD

-being kidnapped
-being home alone (those movies freaked me out lmao)
-slugs. I thought that they were dead snails when I was younger.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory...

I haven't watched that movie since I was very little and don't plan to. Probably didn't help that my brother and even my parents would make fun of me and sing the Oompa Loompa song. It was only funny to them until I started crying, then they'd tell my brother to stop.

Sometimes mum still makes fun of me about it, I don't cry these days but it is really annoying being reminded of it. D:

Oh yes.

Nutcrackers were also scary to me. At first I thought they were cute until I sprayed glitter on it and paranormal activity started happening. Not something a 5 year old needs, tbh...

King Kong

SAME, I do appreciate the hard work that went into the 1933 movie, but the stop motion is so jerky it scared me when I was a kid.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I haven't watched that movie since I was very little and don't plan to. Probably didn't help that my brother and even my parents would make fun of me and sing the Oompa Loompa song. It was only funny to them until I started crying, then they'd tell my brother to stop.

Sometimes mum still makes fun of me about it, I don't cry these days but it is really annoying being reminded of it. D:

Oh yes, this movie.

I was terrified of the tunnel scene from that movie, when Wonka goes insane.

Oh yeah, the Ooompa Loompas freaked me out a little. Not on a massive scale, but they were very weird.
As it happens, I'm auditioning for the West End musical in a few months. Fortunately there are no original songs bar Pure Imagination, though, so I'll be freak-free :D

...stop motion is so jerky it scared me when I was a kid.

Speaking of stop motion, that one claymation with the chickens or w/e...that scared me too. The part where the chickens were about to be killed. I always had nightmares that they actually did get killed and then I would be next...

Speaking of stop motion, that one claymation with the chickens or w/e...that scared me too. The part where the chickens were about to be killed. I always had nightmares that they actually did get killed and then I would be next...

Chicken Run?

I watched that movie all the time as a kid and I loved it.

The video game however creeped me out though.

Back