• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Yoshi's Woolly World

lars708

Dutch PPCS Regional no. 1
Bells
Switch
3952-4112-1626
Pikachu Easter Egg
Timmy Christmas Doll
Jingle Christmas Doll
Lump of Coal
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
Pumpkin Cupcake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Hey TBT'ers!

So Yoshi's Woolly World is releasing quite soon (mid June i believe) and i was wondering, what do you guys think of it? I think wool theme looks really good and the game seems fun to play! Also, three variants of yarn Yoshi amiibo are going to be released along with the game as well. They will come in green, pink and blue colors, are you going to buy any or maybe multiple of them? Please let me know! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
isn't the same as kirbys epic yarn? That's what it looked like

Definitely going to get it! It looks super cute and I love the yarn. Doubt I'll get the amiibo.

I'm looking forward to it but I don't know whether I can get it on release. Splatoon already comes out that month and I have it preordered so money will be a little tighter.

I'm not too fussed about the Amiibo, which is odd since I'll buy anything with Yoshi's face stuck on it...They just look a bit tacky to me. I might pick up a green one if I see it 'just because' but I can't see myself going out of my way for one.

Though on the otherhand...This game kind of sounds like you 'NEED' an amiibo...Hopefully one of the other Yoshi Amiibo work.

isn't the same as kirbys epic yarn? That's what it looked like

It has more typical Yoshi's Island gameplay (minus the annoying baby Mario) with a similar art style to Kirby's Epic Yarn.

If it has good replay value I might get it soon after it comes out. If it's fairly limited in that regard (which I'm assuming it will be), I will probably wait until Black Friday or something to see if I can get deal on it.

I'm looking forward to it but I don't know whether I can get it on release. Splatoon already comes out that month and I have it preordered so money will be a little tighter.

I'm not too fussed about the Amiibo, which is odd since I'll buy anything with Yoshi's face stuck on it...They just look a bit tacky to me. I might pick up a green one if I see it 'just because' but I can't see myself going out of my way for one.

Though on the otherhand...This game kind of sounds like you 'NEED' an amiibo...Hopefully one of the other Yoshi Amiibo work.

It has more typical Yoshi's Island gameplay (minus the annoying baby Mario) with a similar art style to Kirby's Epic Yarn.

I also hope that the older models of the Yoshi amiibo will work with it, i doubt that it won't though and i know that the site is telling us that only the Yarn Yoshi amiibo could be used with the game but maybe they just did not update the pages of older amiibo yet.

I'm guessing it will be a mix between Kirby's Epic yarn + Yoshi's story + Yoshi's island

Which means it should be quite good c:

I also hope that the older models of the Yoshi amiibo will work with it, i doubt that it won't though and i know that the site is telling us that only the Yarn Yoshi amiibo could be used with the game but maybe they just did not update the pages of older amiibo yet.

I'm actually expecting that it will be specifically the Yarn Yoshi amiibo that work. Dunno why but I'm prepared for that outcome, which will be a shame because of how they are used in the game (essentially a 'player 2' for people that can't do 2 player content).

I won't be that bothered if you HAVE to use a Yarn Yoshi as long as they aren't hard to find and expensive. They kind of made that mistake with Toad (who I can only find for about ?25 atm) and now I can't play that part of Captain Toad at all...

It better be a challenge this time around.

Yoshi's NEW Island was painfully easy.

It will be a challenge (Or at least not too easy) i guess because it would make no sense for Good Feel to develop a easier version of the original game if it was extremely easy already...

If you are in the UK, Yoshi's Woolly World releases in nearly an entire month after Splatoon. So you have plenty of time between Splatoon because it is at least 29 days difference.

Splatoon: May 29th
Yoshi's Woolly World: June 26th

Last edited:
Yoshi games are so cute and fun :) I can't wait for the release! Probably won't be purchasing the amiibo though

Yoshi's Woolly World (or previously Yarn Yoshi) was one of the main reasons I bought a Wii U at all!! I just fell in love with with the art direction and the few images I saw in the early teaser lol
MUST BUY FOR SURE!!! oh and the wool amiibos are to die for <3

It better be a challenge this time around.

Yoshi's NEW Island was painfully easy.

Yea...

I think even small children (the obvious target audience) would have found it too easy.

If you are in the UK, Yoshi's Woolly World releases in nearly an entire month after Splatoon. So you have plenty of time between Splatoon because it is at least 29 days difference.

Splatoon: May 29th
Yoshi's Woolly World: June 26th

Ahhh, sweet. I get mixed up with Nintendo release days with games usually being released at different times across the world -.- The extra month makes it a lot more obtainable though!

It seems like it'll be a better Yoshi's Island successor than Yoshi's New Island. Bonus: no kazoo.

Yea...

I think even small children (the obvious target audience) would have found it too easy.

Ahhh, sweet. I get mixed up with Nintendo release days with games usually being released at different times across the world -.- The extra month makes it a lot more obtainable though!

Lol the small children would found it too easy you think? Lol no... You might be going too far by that... I know a lot of little kids who can not even finish the second level!

Back