• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Yoshi's Woolly World

So exactly which specific amiibo are confirmed to work in Yoshi's Woolly World? I am aware that none of the Pok?mon amiibo work...

From the trailer Jake posted:

- Green Wool Yoshi
- Blue Wool Yoshi
- Pink Wool Yoshi
- Mario
- Link
- Donkey Kong

- Bowser Jr
- Olimar
- Ganondorf
- Palutena
- Dark Pit
- Zero Suit Samus
- Ness
- Pacman
- Wario
- Luciana
- Robin
- Meta Knight
- King Dedede
- Megaman
- Sonic
- Shulk
- Ike
- Sheik
- Toon Link
- Bowser
- Rosalina
- Little Mac
- Pit
- Captain Falcon
- Luigi
- Zelda

From that I would assume that all the Amiibo from that character's franchise work.

From the trailer Jake posted:

- Green Wool Yoshi
- Blue Wool Yoshi
- Pink Wool Yoshi
- Mario
- Link
- Donkey Kong

- Bowser Jr
- Olimar
- Ganondorf
- Palutena
- Dark Pit
- Zero Suit Samus
- Ness
- Pacman
- Wario
- Luciana
- Robin
- Meta Knight
- King Dedede
- Megaman
- Sonic
- Shulk
- Ike
- Sheik
- Toon Link
- Bowser
- Rosalina
- Little Mac
- Pit
- Captain Falcon
- Luigi
- Zelda

From that I would assume that all the Amiibo from that character's franchise work.

peach, toad, kirby and some others were confirmed in a video that got taken down too

I don't think it's ever been said that Birdo was yoshi's gf plus, Birdo's a bad guy. Plus there's always that debate over if Birdo is male or female.

...Debate?

It's not really a debate. Male in Japan and female in NA. :v

tbh, the only one where it's confusing was the Japanese version of Double Dash:
Mario Kart: Double Dash‼ - Female (US), either (Japan, "Catherine appears to be Yoshi's girlfriend... or does that mean boyfriend?!".)

Birdo has been primarily considered male in the Japanese games, despite the name Catherine! NoA called Birdo a male at first, as the Japanese games did, but later established her to be female. At least, they last considered her male in SMB2's manual, "He thinks he's a girl and shoots eggs from his mouth." And has been depicted and established to be female ever since.

Yoshi has been established as an "it", they're neither male nor female... though I recall the Yoshi companion in Paper Mario TTYD being referred to as a boy, and the families of Yoshis on that island in Paper Mario also being referred to by gender-specific titles (moms and dads, sons and daughters?)
Really I never understood why Yoshi was always canonically male. Males don't lay eggs. Except by Nintendo's logic, where asexual dinosaurs (with or without a gender) can reproduce at will, without mating.

tl;dr I can't see a relationship happening, lol. It is cute to ship them, though. Yoshi's whole big, round face could fit in Birdo's mouth. That just sounds adorable. c:

Not to sound rude but picturing it, that seems really really disturbing.

lolol.

I dunno, whenever I hear people shipping them, all I could ever think of was, "But they can't even kiss; Birdo's face is a giant black hole."

And it always immediately turned to that. I thought it sounded cute. :v

When does the game get released in the US? I noticed that EU gets it in June.
The local game store in Canada doesn't have it on their list yet.

When does the game get released in the US? I noticed that EU gets it in June.
The local game store in Canada doesn't have it on their list yet.

The US release is simply listed as "fall" iirc

Thanks. That's sad that we have to wait. I just watch a Germany youtube gameplay video and I want the game now.

I thought it sounded cute. :v

Yes, but when you consider that Birdo's thing hole is it's mouth, horn, nose, and baby ejector (omg) all it once, putting your head into it suddenly sounds very very creepy.

Last edited:
Really liking the look of this so far, I can't wait till the game comes out

I hope there are no puns hidden within this game that will leave me in stitches... XD

Last edited:
here are some more pics of the yoshi amiibo costumes

1iMzbJd.jpg

1iMzbJd.jpg

At Least four of my Amiibo are compatible which is good :p

Just preordered the game with the green yarn Yoshi Amiibo from Nintendo, I'm really looking forward to this game, it looks so cute :3 Problem is I don't have a Wii U yet... :/

The SSB Yoshi looks like a plastic figure :p

I don't like what they've done with the Samus one though. Why is her visor on it's nose? Is it a mustache now? It looks stupid...I like it otherwise, the coloring looks cool, but the visor mustache looks dumb :/

The Bowser one looks pretty much as I imagined it :D

The SSB Yoshi looks like a plastic figure :p

I don't like what they've done with the Samus one though. Why is her visor on it's nose? Is it a mustache now? It looks stupid...I like it otherwise, the coloring looks cool, but the visor mustache looks dumb :/

The Bowser one looks pretty much as I imagined it :D

The Bowser costume looks a bit like Bowser Jr! o_O

At first, I wasn't going to get this game because I don't like 2D Platformers that much or Yoshi games...

But, I'm a sucker for multiple skins, especially if there's a lot of them, so I do plan to get it, and the Light Blue Yarn Yoshi amiibo.

Back