Will you be getting it?

I would probably only get it because I really like the N3DS bundle's design (I missed the ACNL poptart 3DS and I'm still kinda bitter >.> ), unless there's another special N3DS with a better design and game.

If the reviews seem good, I will. If not, I won't. I'm a bit torn on whether or not about picking it up.

Nope. I've never been interested in designing my villager's houses, so it'd be a waste of money. I haven't picked up New Leaf since February anyway.

Wait so is this game just for the NEW 3ds, Or will it work on normal 3ds's/2ds?
I am 100% not getting it if it's just on NEW 3ds because it's not worth buying an upgrade which is hardly any different to the normal 3ds xl *Grumbles about nintendo* but if it's available for my current one I may consider buying it used when the price has gone down.

Sidenote: I hate nintendo's naming team and marketing, they're both really unclear

Wait so is this game just for the NEW 3ds, Or will it work on normal 3ds's/2ds?
I am 100% not getting it if it's just on NEW 3ds because it's not worth buying an upgrade which is hardly any different to the normal 3ds xl *Grumbles about nintendo* but if it's available for my current one I may consider buying it used when the price has gone down.

Sidenote: I hate nintendo's naming team and marketing, they're both really unclear

It's for all current 3DS and 2DS systems. The New 3DS is only for ease of access for amiibo support, where as if you don't have a New 3DS you will need to buy an NFC adapter if you wish to use the amiibo support.

There is nothing wrong with their marketing team at all. A quick google search very clearly shows the boxart, which is the 3DS box art, not the New 3DS box art. If it was exclusively for the New 3DS then they would have announced it a loooong time ago, I really don't see how that is unclear, when they have said multiple times it will release on "3DS" not "New 3DS"

Definitely! Can't wait to design nice homes for my villagers :) and it looks like numbers are pretty unlimited

For sure! I won't be getting the New 3DS or whatever the heck but I'll definitely get it for my original 3DS if it'll run it.

I won't be getting this game.
I love Animal Crossing, but this game doesn't offer much to be honest. Just doesn't appeal to me.

I take this back from a few months ago lol.
After seeing the newest trailer, I'm definitely into it

I wont be because I don't have a NEW 3ds xl :( What about you guys?

I will~ It still works on the normal 3ds. You only need the extra nfc accessory if you want to purchase and use AR cards.
I'm excited for this game.

I caved and pre ordered this game today. I traded in my copy of omega ruby and used the money I got from it to pre order the game. :3

I'm pretty excited now!

I changed my mind from earlier in the thread. I'm definitely getting this. I also broke my promise and preordered it on Amazon to deliver on my house on the day of release. Thanks for the awesome Amazon gift card that covered the exact amount dad...

no really, thanks! <3

To me, this game takes the heart and soul out of Animal Crossing. I'd like a full Wii U (or NX) title---I probably won't get this unless it's free/dirt cheap.

Back