• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Started a Sailor Moon Themed Town! Thoughts and Ideas Welcome!

Holla

🐙
Bells
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
So as the title states I decided to start a second town (I reached Platnuim status on CN and Ended up getting another copy of Animal Crossing off there) that is Sailor Moon themed! My main town Starbell is just a simple town I started with characters based off of myself and it's a simple non-themed town that I've put too much work into to have the heart to reset. Anyways, I've tried looking around for some Sailor Moon Theme ideas via Google and dream towns and have had little success, so any ideas you guys might have is appreciated! I will update the area below as I come up with ideas and/or like/use your suggestions. ^.^
sailor_moon_render_by_anouet-d5e58cu.png

From left to right: Ami (Sailor Mercury), Rei (Sailor Mars), Usagi (Sailor Moon), Makoto (Sailor Jupiter), Minako (Sailor Venus).
For Those of you interested please check out my Dream Address: 4800-5469-0870
Please note my town is still in it's humble beginnings so try not to judge anything too critically right now. I am always open to suggestions though! Also for those wondering I have yet to move Minako into town as I want to get all my of dream villagers in decent spots. So, in the meantime I need my 4th character slot open for now until I'm done with plot resetting. I can't wait to add her though!

I decided to name the town Moondust in reference to Usagi's line (or rather Serena as it was in the DIC/Cloverway dub) of "You've just been moon dusted" from season one. I could have just called it Tokyo as that's where they live in the story but I find it a common name that a lot of people use.

My Town Tune is of course none other than Moonlight Densetsu which has the same tune as the English Theme song as well. ^.^
Here I had an issue. There's 5 awesome (main) characters but only 4 possible options in Animal Crossing. But, I've decided on excluding Usagi (Sailor Moon) as so much will already refer to her in my town (flag, standee etc.) Even so I still love her and the other 4 characters a lot (check spoiler above for those unfamiliar with the series) so excluding one of them would have been tough too.

As Usagi is the leader of the group not doing a character for her is hard as it made choosing who should be mayor more difficult. I ending up deciding to make Ami (Sailor Mercury) the Mayor as I have the most in common with her (I love blue, am more reserved than the other girls and put importance on studies). Other people have also told me she seems like the best candidate for running the town as she's really smart and organized.
I have made Pro designs to the best of my ability that you can check out in my dream town. I will post the QR codes here though if people would like them. ^.^ So far I have made:

• Ami's School Uniform (Spring/Summer Version)
• Sailor Mercury suit
• Rei's School Uniform (Spring/Summer Version)
• Rei's Miko Robes
• Sailor Mars Suit
• Makoto's School Uniform (I have only seen a Long sleeved version?)
• Sailor Jupiter Suit
• High School Uniform (Ami, Makoto, and Minako's style)

Patterns to make in the future:

• Minako's School Uniform
• Rei's High School Uniform (it's different from the others)
• Sailor Venus Suit
• Sailor V Suit
• Winter/Fall versions of School Uniforms
Ami:
• A study/library

Rei:
• Shirne/Temple Theme

Makoto:
• Bakery/Cafe
• Garden/Greenhouse room

Minako:
• Star/dressing room
I'm likely just going to be picking my favourite villagers that I don't already have in my other non-themed town. Here's what I'm thinking so far:

• Kiki (Luna, sort of ^.^)
• Merengue
• Wendy
• Blanche
• Mira (Sailor V!)
• Filbert
• Lopez
• Flip
• Vladimir
• Henry
• Sailor Moon Standee
• Fairytale Themed Items
• Tower (it's based off of the big Tower in Toyko which is where Sailor Moon takes place).
• Cute Paths that I designed (may need some tweaking). Again can post QR codes if someone is interested. ^.^

Last edited:
you should make a sailor uranus character with a bike shop, or a sailor neptune who hosts a bath house, or a sailor pluto who collects clocks... i just love my outer senshi a lot <3__<3

I like the idea of Ami being mayor because she's very put together and organized, and then a bunch of blatant references to neo queen serenity everywhere (like she's "watching over" the village or something)

as for villagers, i definitely think really colorful-but-cutesy ones are a must (willow, cookie, nana, etc), unless you REALLY want to stick to a superhero theme (Agent S, kid cat, rocket, etc). And Mira (Sailor V)!!

I'm wondering, what's the Viz dub like?

Pretty awesome so far. No cut episodes due to themes or lines changed due to content. c:

EDIT: As for the OP, you could always forgo the scouts and model your characters after Serena, Darien, Luna, and Artemis.

Last edited:
I'm wondering, what's the Viz dub like?

It's the best English Dub of Sailor Moon so far.

The only problem is that Hulu did have like 20 episodes of the dub when it came out but then remove them for no reason.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I really do like the idea of Ami being the mayor, I mean her character is built for that kind of stuff so that would be interesting.

For Usagi/Serena, Bunnie is perfect for a representation of her.
Mostly because her design closely matches Usagi, and...well...Usagi does have a very peppy personality early on.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the suggestions guys and ok I shall officially make Ami the mayor then! ^.^ Please keep an eye out for school clothes QR codes please. I have found some really good ones of their Sailor outfits, but I'd like to have their school clothes too!

I like the idea of Ami being mayor because she's very put together and organized, and then a bunch of blatant references to neo queen serenity everywhere (like she's "watching over" the village or something)

I love this idea thanks! It's now my reason for not having a Sailor Moon and I'm sticking with it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Maybe have Kiki and Olivia/Merry in your town as Luna and Artemis??

Oh I love that Idea! Plus I really love Kiki (I had her for so long in my original town before I sadly let her go...)

Well, that's some pretty good brainstorming for the first day! If anyone has any ideas to add while I call it a night feel free to post. I will check out what you guys left me after I get home from work tomorrow. ^.^

i would def do the 5th face down bc the eyes are very anime and you can change the colors to match each character

Ok guys morning bump before I leave! I managed to get an Animal Crossing Download code from Club Nintnedo this morning! It was a pain in the butt though. Still lots of freezing and site crashing going on but it's better from when I tried to log on last night.

You should have Bunnie in your town! Serena's Japanese name is Usagi which is Japanese for bunny. :)

That's all I got for suggestions, heh.

Edit: or maybe Ruby instead? Her home has the lunar flooring and wallpaper.

Last edited:
Thanks and bump! I'm starting my town now! Yay! Still open to comments and suggestions though!

ahh this is such a cute idea! im quite the sailor moon fan myself, so im excited to see how this will turn out! i love everyone's suggestions. i'll think of some ideas for u c: good luck!!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

i also think the glimmering eyes and the first eyes would fit nicely for the sailor scouts

Last edited:
I love this idea. I'm a little jealous.
But, small world, my town tune is Sailor Moon themed.

For Luna, I think Kiki is a good choice. But I'm really against the idea of having a female cat represent Artemis; he is male after all. The only problem is that there aren't any all white male cats. That being said, I think if you were to compromise, Punchy might be a good option. He reminds me a bit of Artemis's personality, and he is partially white. Kid Cat or Kabuki are all white, but they also have stuff on their face.

Other ideas:
- You could do one themed house that represents "the moon kingdom" -- complete with a holograph of the original Queen Serenity - this could be Sailor Moon's house.

- For the Sailor Scouts: Mira as Venus (obviously), maybe Lily the frog as Mercury (water-based, good coloring for Mercury, good personality), Chrissy for Sailor Mini Moon (bunny + pink + peppy), Cherry OR Freya for Sailor Mars (coloring, personality), maybe Sprinkle for Jupiter (coloring, boy crazy)? OR Gladys for Jupiter (taller b/c ostrich, her original shirt is green colored, normal seems to fit Jupiter's cooking thing). EUGENE FOR TUXEDO MASK. My other idea was to make them all bunnies, but that would be hard.

- All the human characters should be Sailor Moon, Sailor Pluto, Sailor Neptune, and Sailor Uranus because they're the outers & leader. Sailor Moon's house could be full of stuffed animals, comic books, etc. The lovely series would probably work well - and then a room that represents "the moon". Sailor Pluto - like someone said earlier - would be AWESOME if there were a lot of clocks. Or it could be with the door that she guards and little else. She is also a scientist at some point, so you could work with that. Sailor Neptune has to have a really artsy house - musical instruments especially, an entire spa/swimming room, a room full of art. Sailor Uranus has to have a house full of motor things. Car things, motorcycle things, etc. You could also put the Master Sword in there to represent her sword! (or one of the other swords in the game)

That's my outpouring of ideas.

Alrighty guys got a town I'm happy with after about an hour of resetting (I just wanted most things in it different from my already existing town.) And Ami is the Mayor! I'll post a map and whatnot later. ^.^

I'm still looking for some path ideas and other QR codes for clothing as I'm not a huge fan of the School clothes designs I found and I'd like to find some of their more casual wear too.

It's the best English Dub of Sailor Moon so far.

The only problem is that Hulu did have like 20 episodes of the dub when it came out but then remove them for no reason.

There's also the fact that Hulu isn't available in Canada, where I live...

Back