• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's Bothering You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah didn't they switch Sanji's cig for a lollipop because "lol kids have never seen a smoke" and should be protected by everything

I’ve seen some American cartoon movies with an age-appropriate rating that depicted smoking. But then again, they are older movies, before we realized that smoking is bad for you.

I’ve seen some American cartoon movies with an age-appropriate rating that depicted smoking. But then again, they are older movies, before we realized that smoking is bad for you.

Yeah but honestly switching it out for a lollipop that looks incredibly stupid and I think most people know you shouldn't smoke and if they do it's not because of an anime/cartoon sigh.

yeah didn't they switch Sanji's cig for a lollipop because "lol kids have never seen a smoke" and should be protected by everything

Yep, also there was the Marine commander Smoker turned to Chaser in the dub. Apparently in the original he had at least a couple fat cigars in his mouth frequently. In the dub his mouth was just gaping for no reason. Then they cut out an entire arc with giants and one of the Baroque works agents to get to the part with Chopper, I've heard for marketing reasons.

Yep, also there was the Marine commander Smoker turned to Chaser in the dub. Apparently in the original he had at least a couple fat cigars in his mouth frequently. In the dub his mouth was just gaping for no reason. Then they cut out an entire arc with giants and one of the Baroque works agents to get to the part with Chopper, I've heard for marketing reasons.

Yeah so dumb decisions like why air it all if you're gonna destroy it >_<

feel like i don't deserve to be liked, feel so anxious 24/7 i can't deal with it

Yeah but honestly switching it out for a lollipop that looks incredibly stupid and I think most people know you shouldn't smoke and if they do it's not because of an anime/cartoon sigh.

I still think the worst case of censorship of foreign media when being imported to American TV (which is also the worst case of censorship, period) was the censorship of Total Drama Island. When they changed “Oh, bite me” to “Oh shut it”, that was the worst censorship incident on the show. Even political correctness at its worst isn’t that bad. I can understand the censorship of anime to dumb down more mature content, as it can get ridiculous, but this was a Canadian show being censored, and teenagers were the target audience. And what’s really being censored has been said on other Cartoon Network shows at the time. If you can’t even say “shut up” in a teen’s show, then that’s when it’s too extreme.

It's not quite 5:30 and I already feel like I could fall asleep zzz

I've finally got my courses sorted after avoiding it for 2 months. Why am I like this. Why do I procrastinate so ****ing much ._.

I’m so exhausted. I’m tired of not sleeping at night. -.-

My roommate leaving her lights on when I'm trying to sleep is starting to get really aggravating.

I still think the worst case of censorship of foreign media when being imported to American TV (which is also the worst case of censorship, period) was the censorship of Total Drama Island. When they changed ?Oh, bite me? to ?Oh shut it?, that was the worst censorship incident on the show. Even political correctness at its worst isn?t that bad. I can understand the censorship of anime to dumb down more mature content, as it can get ridiculous, but this was a Canadian show being censored, and teenagers were the target audience. And what?s really being censored has been said on other Cartoon Network shows at the time. If you can?t even say ?shut up? in a teen?s show, then that?s when it?s too extreme.

Would you know why they just ditched Stoked before the first season ended? We didn't even get the second one down here.

Dean Ambrose is leaving the WWE in April. I’m so devastated he was one of my favorites and one lf the bests in the WWE. ):

Last edited:
I actually don’t know, but it’s been a long time since I last saw Cartoon Network.

You might like Stoked if you like 6teen. Regarding the cancelation, I have a guess. The last episode aired down here included overweight German male nudists. Would you like to see it?

Nooo, there was snow for once where I live (very very rare) and now it's raining and everything goes away :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back