Feelings about Indiana's new law?

Any law that makes it okay for a business to discriminate against someone because of their religion is wrong. I don't understand how, under any circumstances, that this could be seen as acceptable? It allows people to discriminate against someone based on religious views.It means that the LGBT community is even more vulnerable than they already were.

Last edited:
Are you kidding me? I just received the most massive of headaches. Well, we're quite a ways away from even the most basics of rights.

I had a long post written up about this but I just can't right now. This law being passed is a ****ing shame and I'm ashamed to be a native of Indiana right now...

This is unacceptable. Everyone should be able to believe and practice whatever they want to, but not if it infringes upon the rights of others.

As someone who lives in Indiana:

Oh. Oh god, why. The day I can move to Virginia to be with Agent Kite cannot come fast enough. This is stupid, this state is stupid. So much corn. And redneck. And religious yahoos.

"This bill is not about discrimination. And if I thought it legalized discrimination in any way, I would've vetoed it."

really

Last edited:
I do believe that the law is complete and utter horse ****. Why don't we just not let christians into the local supermarkets or public toilets because its religious freedom? If this was the other way around, people would be rioting. I may be straight, but i make a better ally than a christian

All I gotta say is it's only a matter of time before other states start passing similar laws. Really dumb.

As someone who lives in Indiana:

Oh. Oh god, why. The day I can move to Virginia to be with Agent Kite cannot come fast enough. This is stupid, this state is stupid. So much corn. And redneck. And religious yahoos.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/...let_schools_and_hospitals_turn_gays_away.html

No virginia

All I gotta say is it's only a matter of time before other states start passing similar laws. Really dumb.

Yeah the flyover states pass these dumb laws.

I'm really disappointed and saddened by this. I think it's ridiculous.

Back