Comic Sans

Moddie

RIP
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Happy Home Designer Token
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Sometimes I like to use Comic Sans just to annoy my graphic designer friends, people who follow my blog, and even my teachers. Nothing seems to irk people more than this dreaded font and I just don't get it. Don't get me wrong, the font is awful and is always used inappropriately however there are a lot worse fonts out there. I'd prefer you use Comic Sans than something like Papyrus or Curlz.

Anyway, what I'd like to know is your thoughts on the font. Have you ever used Comic Sans? Do you think there's any particular way the font should be used? If not Comic Sans, what do you think the worst font is? Please feel free to share any cringeworthy examples you may have of the use of Comic Sans. Also I know people say this font is dyslexic friendly but as a dyslexic person looking at this post I'm slightly struggling to read it. Maybe it's easier for other dyslexics? If your dyslexic please say how legible this font is for you.

Last edited:
Darling I truly do not care about what font people use. As long as the letters are clearly legible eight inches away and without the need to wear my glasses, I am good.

Last edited:
Sometimes I like to use Comic Sans just to annoy my graphic designer friends, people who follow my blog, and even my teachers. Nothing seems to irk people more than this dreaded font and I just don't get it. Don't get me wrong, the font is awful and is always used inappropriately however there are a lot worse fonts out there. I'd prefer you use Comic Sans than something like Papyrus or Curlz.

Anyway, what I'd like to know is your thoughts on the font. Have you ever used Comic Sans? Do you think there's any particular way the font should be used? If not Comic Sans, what do you think the worst font is? Please feel free to share any cringeworthy examples you may have of the use of Comic Sans. Also I know people say this font is dyslexic friendly but as a dyslexic person looking at this post I'm slightly struggling to read it. Maybe it's easier for other dyslexics? If your dyslexic please say how legible this font is for you.

Did you get the idea for this thread from that one user in the Brewster's Cafe who said that they got banned from another forum because they used Comic Sans?

Didn't Sonic Adventure 2 use Comic Sans?

what the h*ck do you have against papyrus?????

It's irritating, clich?d, and overused. I just can't take it seriously most of the time. Don't get me wrong I have seen Papyrus used well it's just not common.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Did you get the idea for this thread from that one user in the Brewster's Cafe who said that they got banned from another forum because they used Comic Sans?

Didn't Sonic Adventure 2 use Comic Sans?

I don't think I've seen that post, but that's amusing. I've never played Sonic Adventure 2 but I just looked at some screenshots and yep, that's definitely Comic Sans. Haha.

Last edited:
I don't really mind it. I won't use it myself (usually) but I'm not entirely sure why people hate it so much.

I don't really think that it should be used outside of comic books though, or things that are trying to look like a comic book (like certain games/films).

No font is better than wingdings though.

Last edited:
I used the font a lot when I was like... 13-14.

I don't mind it but I also don't use it anymore.

I cringe at all the super stylized and overused fonts. Comic Sans is one of them. I think I also used it way too much, myself, when I was younger; like... Windows 98 era when I was a little 'un and was typing up stories all the time, I thought it was the best thing ever. Over the years my opinion definitely changed.

When it's small, in forum posts, it's not as obnoxious at all. The OP doesn't bother me really, it's more like... when I see it magnified a billion times on signs, in professional business work like pamphlets and on billboards, then I'm just... idk. I can't. It looks child-like, or like it should be used... in a comic ;D So for me it's more about WHERE I'm seeing it, but generally speaking I'm just never happy to see Comic Sans regardless.

Or Papyrus. Curlz I can deal with though. There are a couple more - Lucida Sans Handwriting I think is one of them, or Segoe Script? Can't remember, but I know them when I see them, because they make me sad inside. There are so many fonts out there. So many. Why do people use the same 5-10 over and over ;_;

i used to exclusively use comic sans in anything i had to type. now i use boring times new roman for MLA format ugh :/

I get annoyed whenever professional businesses use it, because to me, it shows they don't know how to market o/ generally know what they are doing.

As a semi-professional graphic designer, you think anybody using it would annoy me more.

But if you like it, use it!

Last edited:
Or Papyrus. Curlz I can deal with though. There are a couple more - Lucida Sans Handwriting I think is one of them, or Segoe Script? Can't remember, but I know them when I see them, because they make me sad inside. There are so many fonts out there. So many. Why do people use the same 5-10 over and over ;_;

Okay both of the fonts you mentioned are a lot worse than Comic Sans. Especially the first font you mentioned, Lucida Sans Handwriting, the letter spacing really bothers me. I can't stand most cursive fonts to be honest. Which is a shame because done right they can look really nice.

This font was everything when I was in like grade 6. Every book report I typed up was in comic sans on pastel printer paper.

Comic Sans just makes me cringe slightly for no reason at all. I just can't take it seriously.
I saw a book on tax advice with the title in comic sans once, if I can find the picture I'll post it.

comic sans is satanic

15520E3550BE1CCD28A589

1470EA3550BE1CCE048929

i really don't know why but the font just annoys me. Maybe someone should do a psycology study on why people hate the font so much (=゚ω゚)ノ
Then again i do remember all of my middle school syllabuses (is that a word?) had the font and i always used to use it, so maybe thats why XD

Back