• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was, then I agree with them. :')

fonts_sample_papyrus.png

this

Well when this text hasn't been banned it makes it seem like you were banned for something else.

Why can't you just use the default font on a forum? Are you that much of a special snowflake?

Why can't you just use the default font on a forum? Are you that much of a special snowflake?

lel it wasn't a forum but thanks

- - - Post Merge - - -

sometimes there's good reason to be banned for how you type uwu omo

it was nothing like that. It was like--

"blah blah blah"

a somewhat similar font

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well when this text hasn't been banned it makes it seem like you were banned for something else.

It's not the tbt site so...?

Last edited:
OH I thought everyone was referring to you getting banned here because of some of the fonts I see people type.

...I think it's a bit over the top to ban for a font size but honestly, if I was a mod I would be tempted to do the same.

Honestly, I don't see what's wrong with just using the default text size/font/color for regular posts though. There's a reason it's the default and why size 1 cyan isn't...Because the default is easy and pleasant to read for everybody.

Don't even get me started with people who use stupid colors for everything they post. Cyan and light pink? Really? If I have to highlight somebodies post to read it, I probably won't read it.

Default is too mainstream. Get on my level. I am an individual.

...I think it's a bit over the top to ban for a font size but honestly, if I was a mod I would be tempted to do the same.

Honestly, I don't see what's wrong with just using the default text size/font/color for regular posts though. There's a reason it's the default and why size 1 cyan isn't...Because the default is easy and pleasant to read for everybody.

Don't even get me started with people who use stupid colors for everything they post. Cyan and light pink? Really? If I have to highlight somebodies post to read it, I probably won't read it.

Default is too mainstream. Get on my level. I am an individual.

it was the font, not color/size

It does make it very hard to read, since sometimes I'll literally have to get closer to my screen to read it, because my eyes have a hard time focusing.

Last edited:
if the font size was as tiny as yours is now, plus a bright / too light color it could get you a warning.
some things are triggering and nobody would like to struggle to read a barely visible font- so maybe that played into account..

i do agree with keeping the matter private instead of stirring up even more dust on the situation.

Like many people already said, it's usually wise to stick with the default font at default size when replying to the posts. These are what everyone can read with ease, because it's the right color that contrasts quite well with the textbox background (without having to highlight it) without distracting our attention, and the size is just large enough to be read yet small enough to avoid taking too much space. Even if they have trouble reading the default font settings, they could configure the display settings such as the zooming-in feature found in many Internet Browsers or even downscale the resolution.

If you're sticking with the default font settings, there is absolutely no reason to get banned for that. If there is a rule saying that you shouldn't use the default font settings for whatever reason they pull out, then the staff must be too lazy to change these default settings back to normal for every new user joining there. It's their fault, after all. But, you still got to make the text readable enough for anyone without being overly distracting.

There are some instances where changing the font settings would enhance the reading experience. If there are words where you want your audience to take a particular attention, you can bold them, underline them, or italicize them. Each of these have their specific function in the text, such as the latter citing the exact words said by someone else even if you don't need to quote them. The most important part of enhancing your text is to use these features wisely. And by that, I mean when you really need them.

You should probably change your original post because it says "I was on this site" and it makes it sound like this happened on TBT. I see where other people are getting confused.

That font isn't the best, but banning over a font is ridiculous.

Seems like that admin is on a powertrip.

And all the people complaining about fonts... really?
It's a font. "It's too hard to read." Is it really?

You can't read this? That seems excessive.

Last edited:
I have horrible eyesight and i need to zoom in a lot to read size 1 text. it is hard to read.

It just seems a bit ridiculous to complain about the size of font somebody is using.

It just seems a bit ridiculous to complain about the size of font somebody is using.

When they're lumped in together it really is straining on the eyes, anyways it's not "excessive" to ask for better legibility on a public forum when you're trying to have a conversation with someone.

For example, I'm looking at your sig and the letters are melding in together. I have to squint my eyes and lean in closer to make out what it's saying. It isn't ridiculous, some people just don't have the best eye sight.

How did I know somebody was going to attack my sig?

Personally, I feel size 1 is neater and easier to read.
So I feel the complete opposite.
Everybody has different readabilities. You can't accommodate everyone on a site with nearly 65,000 members.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You have to agree that this is too much.

so is this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back