• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have You Ever Played a Harvest Moon Game?

Holla

🌸
Bells
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
I'm going to turn my mistake of a thread into something useful, cause why not?

Anyways, have you ever played Harvest Moon Before? If so which ones, and if not what is wrong with you!? (Lol it's ok, I understand Harvest Moon isn't for everyone - they are amazing relaxing games though!)

I personally love Harvest Moon! My first was Harvest Moon DS (the boy version) back when I was about ten! I loved the game at first but later hated it as I found is really hard! I ended up selling it though. I now regret selling it, as I could probably play it now ok as I'm a more seasoned HM player and know most ins and outs. It did turn me off the series for several years though unfortunately.

I've also played A New Beginning a lot, The Tale of Two Towns a little bit, and I'm waiting for Animal Parade in the mail and I'm hoping to download Story of Seasons at launch! (Yeah you could say I'm a little Harvest Moon crazy!). ^.^

Last edited:
Alright, here's my huge list of Harvest Moon games!

Physical Copies:
Harvest Moon 64, Back To Nature, Save The Homeland, Magical Melody, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, Friends of Mineral Town, More Friends of Mineral Town, DS, DS Cute, Sunshine Islands, Frantic Farming, Animal Parade, and A New Beginning.

Digital Downloads on 3DS:
Harvest Moon GBC 2 & 3

Harvest Moon 64 was my first HM game and I still love it to this day. I'm sure people on here have seen me in almost every HM thread lately and know all about what I've said :p
I really love Harvest Moon, I think they've made some really great games and it's been a huge part of my gaming life since I was a little kid. I'm not going to try The Lost Valley for obvious reasons, but I'll most likely be checking out Story of Seasons a little bit after it comes out!

Been playing and buying the Harvest Moon series since I bought A Wonderful Life at Target that fateful day. I still have very fond memories of that game :D

Though lately I've been buying HM games day 1 and then never "finishing" them lol. Still downloading SoS day 1 because I'll never learn.

Last edited:
The Nintendo had a wonderful offer last month and I downloaded A tale of two towns for eight pounds! I was sick so it was relaxing! Off school, and a harvest moon game? Yes!

I've played...

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Harvest Moon: Magical Melody
Harvest Moon: Animal Parade

I'm also going to buy Story of Seasons when it's released.

Honestly, I prefer Rune Factory, but I still really like Harvest Moon, even though I don't like the direction it's heading at the moment :/ I've played SNES one, Sunshine Island, DS Cute, Hero of Leaf Valley (my personal favourite), Tale of Two Towns and wish to forget Grand Bazaar. I'm planning to buy Story of Season, unless I change my mind for x time.

I know graphics is not that important, but I wish they could stop making those ugly hexagonal turnips, lol.

I don't get the appeal of Harvest moon, Just looks like a farming simulator.

I LOVE Harvest Moon. My sister and I used to play animal crossing for an hour each and then Harvest Moon for an hour each when we were young. The relationships have always been my favorite part about the series.

I haven't played any of the games, but I'm planning to get Story of Seasons to see what the series is all about.

Harvest Moon: A wonderful life on the Gamecube will always be my favorite ever. I replay that game at least once every other month, and I even have small printout of food recipes and etc.

The atmosphere and pacing of that game is the best.

I started playing "Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life" when I was seven and have been playing the games ever since. After that I got Magical Melody, Animal Parade, Tree of Tranquility (I just couldn't get into that one somehow), Another Wonderful Life, and Save the Homeland. I think my favorite would have to be Magical Melody! A Wonderful Life brings back so many good memories too, but the ending is really depressing
z6pujfR.png

My least favorite thing about the series though is the choice of guys in "Another Wonderful Life". I mean look at this...

umBVAE8.jpg

but anyways Harvest Moon is still definitely one of my fave game series!!

yeah, but i never finished any of them =/
might get SoS though because only working one a day a week doesn't make bank :<
however, i do love rf4. if you haven't played rf4 yet, pls play it

omg Harvest Moon: More Friends from Mineral Town (for gameboy) was my childhood! Love it so much hahah.. spent a lot of time playing it eheh I looooved the characters and also the relationship system (grayyy) lol I was planning to buy Harvest Moon DS Cute, but I never really got the chance to... but I'm definitely gonna buy Story of Seasons!

I have Harvest Moon (the downloaded version of the original) and Harvest Moon DS Cute. I haven't been able to get into any of the new versions because I find them to either be too slow time wise or too easy and they get boring.

With Cute, it feels more like a time crunch to fit everything that I want to do in and I have to micromanage my time better. That is part of what makes it super fun for me.

I find the original even more challenging, but that is mostly because I keep forgetting the controls. I play Cute much more. Well, I did before Animal Crossing. I want to get back into it.

Back