• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Legend of Zelda for Wii U delayed past 2015

Do u talk about anything other than amiibo??

I was just about to ask this. Scrolling through the posts all I seen was "amiibo".

------

I was really looking forward to Zelda U coming out this year. :( Ugh.

I expected the delay, but not it being absent at E3 completely. I wonder what's going on.

Good timing to announce it's delayed. I mean, imagine it's October and they announce this, that would be very frustrating. My Zelda mood dissipated after playing Majora's Mask a bit so Im not took opinionated about this right now, but more polish=better.

Yoshi's wooly world
Splatoon
Star fox U
Xenoblade chronicles

I imagine there's a lot more to come...

But will any of these games sell systems? Which is really the only thing Nintendo should be focused on doing right about now. I can tell you right now that Spatoon and Yoshi's Wooly World will not. I can't really judge how Star Fox will do, but I think it might do good for people who already own the system. I can't seem to find any numbers for how well it sold on 3DS, which is the last time it was released. Xeonblade Chronicles: X might move a few unit because of how passionate about the franchise that fanbase is; I mean just look at how it got over here in the first place. But it won't sell enough hardware to save it.

Overall, Nintendo's only game that would move units this year has been delayed until possibly 2016, and maybe even later. The fact that we won't be seeing even a second of it at E3 really makes me nervous.

Again, I'm not saying any of these games are bad, or that the WiiU is bad; I'm just saying that Nintendo can't sell the WiiU, and their only chance in hell of doing it was just delayed a whole year, and possibly even longer, which does not bode well for the future of the WiiU.

Last edited:
But will any of these games sell systems? Which is really the only thing Nintendo should be focused on doing right about now. I can tell you right now that Spatoon and Yoshi's Wooly World will not. I can't really judge how Star Fox will do, but I think it might do good for people who already own the system. I can't seem to find any numbers for how well it sold on 3DS, which is the last time it was released. Xeonblade Chronicles: X might move a few unit because of how passionate about the franchise that fanbase is; I mean just look at how it got over here in the first place. But it won't sell enough hardware to save it.

Overall, Nintendo's only game that would move units this year has been delayed until possibly 2016, and maybe even later. The fact that we won't be seeing even a second of it at E3 really makes me nervous.

Again, I'm not saying any of these games are bad, or that the WiiU is bad; I'm just saying that Nintendo can't sell the WiiU, and their only chance in hell of doing it was just delayed a whole year, and possibly even longer, which does not bode well for the future of the WiiU.

This sounds like you?d want a poor quality Zelda game only to sell more Wii U consoles.
I think it?s good to give it more time for the developers to make a great new Zelda.

nintendo don't specifically target one genre of gamers, they try to target everybody. It's only us, the hard-core gamers that live for games, that cannot survive another year without a Zelda Wii U (well, most of us), so I don't really think that it will have a huge impact on the Wii U.

Obviously their sales aren't going to explode this year, and nor will they in 2016. People need to stop thinking that a single game is going to make/break a console's success in sales. It's unrealistic and stupid to think that if Nintendo release ____ game that the Wii U as a console is going to be financially stable for ____ amount of time.

Meanwhile I don't know what's going to be worth my pennies this year on Wii U. I don't really care for Splatoon, Star Fox or Mario Maker... Maybe Yoshi's Woolly World.

At this point, I'd rather they just delay Zelda Wii U and Animal Crossing Wii U for their next home console. If both games are ready by the Holidays 2016 for the NX, then just release a new console then...

This sounds like you?d want a poor quality Zelda game only to sell more Wii U consoles.
I think it?s good to give it more time for the developers to make a great new Zelda.

No, I said I'm willing to wait for it. What I did say though was that the WiiU can't afford it.

nintendo don't specifically target one genre of gamers, they try to target everybody. It's only us, the hard-core gamers that live for games, that cannot survive another year without a Zelda Wii U (well, most of us), so I don't really think that it will have a huge impact on the Wii U.

You're right, we can survive another year or two without Zelda; and I even stated this previously. But the WiiU can't survive another year without something on it that people actually want to play.

Obviously their sales aren't going to explode this year, and nor will they in 2016. People need to stop thinking that a single game is going to make/break a console's success in sales. It's unrealistic and stupid to think that if Nintendo release ____ game that the Wii U as a console is going to be financially stable for ____ amount of time.

But not even the release of a new 2D Mario, 3D Mario, Mario Kart, and a new Smash Bros. have increased sales anything more than a marginal bump in the life cycle of a console that's going on 3 YEARS. The WiiU's two competitors who have only been on the market for a little over a year at this point are absolutely eating Nintendo's lunch as far as hardware sales go.

A single game won't make/break a console, this is correct. What will make or break a system is whether or not it's selling with it's current library and based on the promises of future software (which I've already talked about extensively); and the WiiU is not. Sure, the WiiU may be selling okay, but Nintendo at the moment is currently being carried by it's handheld sales. Consoles are sold at a loss, meaning that selling "okay" isn't really a viable option. Especially with the ever-increasing costs of hardware production, and software development. This is exactly why SEGA dropped out of the console race in the early 2000's. Also, if you look at sales data, excluding the Wii which is considered an anomaly here, Nintendo home consoles are selling less and less. N64 sold less than SNES, Gamecube less than N64, then Wii for some reason exploded (probably due to Nintendo's use of false scarcity in the markets), then WiiU is selling less than Gamecube; which I might add also lost to Sony and Microsoft in the early to mid 2000's.

Last edited:
But not even the release of a new 2D Mario, 3D Mario, Mario Kart, and a new Smash Bros. have increased sales anything more than a marginal bump in the life cycle of a console that's going on 3 YEARS. The WiiU's two competitors who have only been on the market for a little over a year at this point are absolutely eating Nintendo's lunch as far as hardware sales go.

It's more like 2 1/2.

- - - Post Merge - - -

No.. where did you get this misconception about the new console being phone-like? lol
odds are it's going to be the new hand held

Well DeNA is a phone company and that's why everyone is freaking out about Nintendo going mobile.

I completely understand Aonuma. Nintendo also need time to design and create all of the amiibo figures that will work with the game too. I need time to make sure I save enough to buy a collectors edition, or two, of the game and ALL of the amiibo too.

So it works for both Nintendo and the customer in a way.

IT'S NOT BEING DELAYED FOR AMIIBOS OH MY GOD.

There's obviously going to be Amiibo's for every Goron in the game, Each Goron has a unique personality and so will the Amiibo's.

I don't see why people are getting so worked up over the game being delayed.. personally, I'd rather them delay the release of the game then deliver us a half finished, barely playable wreck of a game that they overhyped. At least Nintendo makes the effort to try and make their games live up to the hype they create. Unlike what happened with a certain PS3/360/XboxOne/PS4 title that was massively overhyped and turned out to be a huge let down. Best game ever my rear. You know which one it is.

Well, what do you really want?
A) A game that was released on time but unfinished, broken, full of bugs/glitches and utterly terrible.
B) A game that was delayed but fantastic and well polished.

I mean, looking at Sonic Boom, I think people would be happy that Nintendo are delaying the game to get it right. Sonic Boom certainly could have used a 11-12 year delay.

I'll just say that I'd rather have them take longer on the game and have it be great then have it come out faster and end up half-***ed. Quality over quantity.

Back