• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Legend of Zelda for Wii U delayed past 2015

Justin

Nefarious did this.
Staff
Administrator
Peach 🍑
Persimmon 🍅
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4135-9919-0984
Sweet Heart Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Heart Balloon
Perfect Apple
Perfect Cherry
Perfect Orange
Perfect Peach
Perfect Pear

We have a general Zelda thread but I think this safely warrants its own thread to contain the inevitable rage. It seems Nintendo has decided to focus on making it the best Zelda game, rather than caring about hitting the previously set target of 2015 (set just 3 months ago in December!). The game will also be skipping E3 this year as well. Looks like we've got a long road ahead of us for this game. Let's hope that the delay is genuinely to accommodate new ideas, and not because the game is in some sort of development trouble.

iago-burn.gif

Technically, they did not explicitly say 2016 but considering they've said 2015 multiple times and are now going out of their way to back track on it and say that is no longer the case, it's safe to say it's extremely unlikely that it will release this year.

Last edited:
no!!!!!!!!!!!!

Their reasons for delaying the game is interesting, especially how Aonuma says that it will 'exceed his own expectations'.

;_; Aren't all Zelda games good? Why are they forcing EVERYONE that this MUST be their favorite??? Ugh, never buying this I'll just play Skyward Sword for the next 15 years!!!1!!!!!1!!!uno!!!!!!

Joking please don't take seriously.

Also what if he's saying the game will release next month and the translation was just lying? I always wonder about that...

Last edited:
I completely understand Aonuma. Nintendo also need time to design and create all of the amiibo figures that will work with the game too. I need time to make sure I save enough to buy a collectors edition, or two, of the game and ALL of the amiibo too.

So it works for both Nintendo and the customer in a way.

I completely understand Aonuma. Nintendo also need time to design and create all of the amiibo figures that will work with the game too. I need time to make sure I save enough to buy a collectors edition, or two, of the game and ALL of the amiibo too.

Ha, I didn't even think of this. Delayed for amiibo!!!1!!

Don't have a problem with this at all. If they need a couple extra months to perfect the next version, I'm fine with waiting extra time. c-:

Zelda games are always constantly delayed. Is anyone even surprised at this point?

Hell, did anyone even expect anything else?

Last edited:
Looking at other websites, a lot of people are whining because now it'll be on the new console "just because they said so."
Isn't the next console a phone or phone-like? Why would there be a Zelda game on there...
Also Zelda for WII U. Not just Zelda. He specifically says WII U.

Looking at other websites, a lot of people are whining because now it'll be on the new console "just because they said so."
Isn't the next console a phone or phone-like? Why would there be a Zelda game on there...
They just want to make the ultimate collectors edition of the game which comes with all of the amiibo that they are obviously wanting to make for the game, a poster, a steel book and much more...

Last edited:
They just want to make the ultimate collectors edition of the game which comes with all of the amiibo that they are obviously wanting to make for the game, a poster, a steel book and much more...

Plus a Wii U painted with shreds of the Triforce.
Notice: The Triforce is not a real object. This system is actually made of shredded cheddar cheese.

Plus a Wii U painted with shreds of the Triforce.
Notice: The Triforce is not a real object. This system is actually made of shredded cheddar cheese.
Exactly!

I would love to have an amiibo of the many villains of LoZ. A Vaati amiibo would look cool.

Wonder if they'll learn this time to not drop release dates before they are close to finishing development. Probably not but you'd sort of expect them to learn from their previous 10+ mistakes regarding it.

It's good they are adding in new exploration features and whatever else they think will be useful and really we don't get Zelda games often so it's not hard to have to wait a little longer. Though honestly it seems like they are focusing on making the game better instead of trying to load it full of gimmicky nonsense with the amiibos. I'm not against them making them and having them give you little bonuses like extra rupees but any big things will turn me away from the game, so I'm hoping for a big focus on core gameplay and exploration like they keep saying and less of the "physical dlc".

Wonder if they'll learn this time to not drop release dates before they are close to finishing development. Probably not but you'd sort of expect them to learn from their previous 10+ mistakes regarding it.

It's good they are adding in new exploration features and whatever else they think will be useful and really we don't get Zelda games often so it's not hard to have to wait a little longer. Though honestly it seems like they are focusing on making the game better instead of trying to load it full of gimmicky nonsense with the amiibos. I'm not against them making them and having them give you little bonuses like extra rupees but any big things will turn me away from the game, so I'm hoping for a big focus on core gameplay and exploration like they keep saying and less of the "physical dlc".
I think they should make an amiibo that is just a Gold Rupee and it can give you an unlimited supply of Rupees in game. :)

GG WiiU.

Honestly I can wait for this game, and I don't mind it being delayed. But, the WiiU needs it to survive past 2015. So let's take a look at what's announced for WiiU at the moment in 2015:

Splatoon and Xenoblade Chronicles: X.

Ouch. I'd love to see the WiiU succeed and for Nintendo to step up their game, but damn...

Who'd of thought alienating every single 3rd party developer by creating a controller with a giant screen on it, and by making your console severely under-powered would come back and bite you in the ass?

I love you Nintendo, but I'm really hoping NX is something that you can actually convince people they need. I mean when Mario Kart and Smash coming out in the same year marginally increases hardware sales, you know you're in trouble.

Last edited:
Proof wiiu is ****

Do u talk about anything other than amiibo??

I'm glad.

They did the exact same thing when creating ACNL. They originally planned for it to be a game that releases alongside the 3DS, but it was pulled back because of the exact same reasons as mentioned in the video above, and it paid off so much for new leaf.

I'd prefer a long wait for an amazing game instead of a short wait for a rushed/bland game. (I say bland because had they stuck to their release of 2015 then it would be bland in comparison to what they're going to create) im confusing myself

- - - Post Merge - - -

GG WiiU.

Honestly I can wait for this game, and I don't mind it being delayed. But, the WiiU needs it to survive past 2015. So let's take a look at what's announced for WiiU at the moment in 2015:

Splatoon and Xenoblade Chronicles: X.

Ouch. I'd love to see the WiiU succeed and for Nintendo to step up their game, but damn...

Who'd of thought alienating every single 3rd party developer by creating a controller with a giant screen on it, and by making your console severely under-powered would come back and bite you in the ass?

I love you Nintendo, but I'm really hoping NX is something that you can actually convince people they need. I mean when Mario Kart and Smash coming out in the same year marginally increases hardware sales, you know you're in trouble.

Yoshi's wooly world
Splatoon
Star fox U
Xenoblade chronicles

I imagine there's a lot more to come...

- - - Post Merge - - -

No.. where did you get this misconception about the new console being phone-like? lol
odds are it's going to be the new hand held

Last edited:
Back