• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door 3D "leaked" discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyoshido

Sometimes, he do miss
Bells
Switch
7830-5796-7006
New Horizons Token
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Jingle Christmas Doll
Poptart Easter Egg
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Yellow Pansy
Yellow Cosmos
Red Cosmos
Red Cosmos
User Title Color Change
Here we go with another "leak" done on a crappy camera like usual, people are speculating and hoping this is real, however this is another one of those leaks with no gameplay whatsoever, Just the opening and a screenshot.

What are your thoughts? Would you want this to be real? If so, would you want it to be kept on the 3DS? Or in most obvious choices, Wii U? Perhaps for both consoles?

Otherwise I wouldn't get too overhyped of it being real, the user removed the video and not nintendo, which in most cases may just mean it was well edited, like that Rayman leak of sorts.

Anywho, discussion on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/30dd28/paper_mario_thousand_year_door_3d_leak/ original video is removed but GameXplain managed to snag a recording before it was taken down by the original user.

Last edited:
Here we go with another "leak" done on a crappy camera like usual, people are speculating and hoping this is real, however this is another one of those leaks with no gameplay whatsoever, Just the opening and a screenshot.

What are your thoughts? Would you want this to be real? If so, would you want it to be kept on the 3DS? Or in most obvious choices, Wii U? Perhaps for both consoles?

Otherwise I wouldn't get too overhyped of it being real, the user removed the video and not nintendo, which in most cases may just mean it was well edited, like that Rayman leak of sorts.

Anywho, discussion on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/30dd28/paper_mario_thousand_year_door_3d_leak/ original video is removed but GameXplain managed to snag a recording before it was taken down by the original user.

I nearly died and went to heaven because I thought this was going to be about TTYD coming to the Wii U virtual console. :<

It's obviously fake but how I wish it was true!! I'd prefer it to be on the Wii U but I could settle with a TTYD revamp on the 3DS, just as long as I can play my fav game ever again after years of wishing my mom never sold my gamecube and TTYD copy without asking me. :x

Saw this on Twitter already, really unsure. Someone noted that there want an opening, just the title screen, while the original did have an opening scene. I also feel like if it was real, it'd be REALLY close to done if it was a already leaked. So I'm going with fake, but I just go with everything being fake.

I want this to be real so bad...

This game is the best Mario RPG ever...oh how I wish it were real... ; ^ ;

Last edited:
I'm not super hyped for it since I've never really played a Paper Mario game in general, I remember getting it on my Birthday on the same year it was released and well, I couldn't really enjoy it because I wasn't a big RPG guy back then so I gave it to my Brother on his Birthday, It's one of his favorite games so I told him about this leak and he was ever so surprised.

While I have my doubts for it being real, I thought I'd post it anyways since it's something I feel worth talking about.

I would really like it if this speculated game turns out to be real. I enjoyed the original.
My favourite part of Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door was the battle against Rawk Hawk in Glitzville.

What are your thoughts? Would you want this to be real? If so, would you want it to be kept on the 3DS?

My thoughts? HELL YEAH
Do I want it to be real? HELL YEAH
Keep on the 3DS? HELL YEAH

EDIT: Went through the reddit post, do you have any info on this?
9f0e5b77ea533592086a9ed48d148923.png

Last edited:
I NEED THIS.
Like Natty, PMTTYD is my favorite game of all time.
I mistakenly let a pal borrow it and then they moved across the world on me keeping it rip.
But I can say I've beat the game like 20+ times and I would like to beat it many more times in 3D.
It looks fake as hell, but I would love for it to be true.
I'd prefer it on Wii U, but 3D is totally fine.
I just need this game in my life again, slick.

Never played Paper Mario (any of them) but my friend used to rave about Thousand Year Door. I really hope this is true but I hope they don't put it exclusively on New 3DS if they do make it again.

Does anyone suggest playing the Paper Mario for Nintendo 64? I see it's on Club Nintendo and I've thought about buying it but I'm not sure if I should or not.

Never played it.
Sticker w/e was really boring, but I've heard good things about this one. If it's legit, no doubt will I pick it up. But after my experience from my first paper Mario game., whether or not this becomes real doesn't bother me coz idc atm

Never played Paper Mario (any of them) but my friend used to rave about Thousand Year Door. I really hope this is true but I hope they don't put it exclusively on New 3DS if they do make it again.

Does anyone suggest playing the Paper Mario for Nintendo 64? I see it's on Club Nintendo and I've thought about buying it but I'm not sure if I should or not.

Paper Mario 64 is very solid.
I'd get it.
TTYD is just a great improvement.

I love this game SO MUCH. I've probably played it at least 6 times... I have only beat the pit of 100 trials once though. Man that was tough!

Also, if it came out on 3DS, I'd probably buy it. Which is silly because I already have it for gamecube, but I just can't say no to (good) Paper Mario games!

I'm not against it but mine on Gamecube still works perfectly. It's just not necessary. Like the Wind Waker remake. I'd rather them make a new Paper Mario game that played the same as TTYD because while Super Paper Mario and Sticker Star were great, they were completely different games that didn't feel like Paper Mario.

aww man, that'd be kinda neat... buuuuuuut I don't think I'd want it on the 3DS. even though I somehow lost my GameCube game. I don't think it's necessary, either. I'd give anything for a new "proper" Paper Mario game, though. not that I didn't like SPM at first, but... meh.

It's a really great game! The only difference between paper mario and thousand year door is that in Paper Mario 64 not as good graphics and party members don't grow levels, but it's still a good game. Get it!

Last edited:
It's a really great game! The only difference between paper mario and thousand year door is that in Paper Mario 64 not as good graphics and party members don't grow levels, but it's still a good game. Get it!

Thanks for the input! I'm considering it, the only downside is I would have to buy a Wii Classic Controller since I only have the Wii U controllers. Maybe I can get a cheap one on ebay lol

I've never really had a chance to play the Paper Mario games.

As somebody that hasn't played them, I kind of wonder why Paper Mario 64 wouldn't be the first game they remake since it's the first one and probably the most outdated. On the other hand, I'm not sure whether you really need to play it or if the story 'continues' to TTYD.

As a whole though, I'm kind of getting sick of remakes. I would rather they create something new than rehash yet another old game. I mean, it might be illegal but there's still viable options for people who haven't played the games, especially ones with a visual style such as Paper Mario where it doesn't really age that badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back