Seeking help on a short film for uni - voice acting. (UPDATE 29/04)

Chris

Staff
Senior Moderator
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Island
Vylbrand
Green Bunny Balloon
Yellow Bunny Balloon
Orange Bunny Balloon
Pink Bunny Balloon
Purple Bunny Balloon
Spring Bloom Easter Egg
Daisy Easter Egg
Dragonscale Easter Egg
Kirby Easter Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
w1OhttR.png

Hi!

I'm a third year filmmaking and screenwriting student, and my film project for this semester is a short film (minimum eight minutes) that is due in on May 6th. I've had the idea in mind since around mid-January, and we go into filming on March 28th. The working title for this project is Emily. It's a story about social alienation and the impact that technology and the media has had on self-image and interpersonal communication.

The reason I'm posting on here is that I would love some help with this project if anyone is willing to volunteer. It won't take much of your time, you'll be credited (either by real name or username - whatever you're comfortable with), it can be done at your own leisure, and all you need is a microphone! What I'm looking for is short voice recordings - it'll be anything from one to two words (← most likely this one) to a couple of sentences. I would like to find as many people as possible, and I thought that for a project that revolves around the idea of communicating via technology that it could be fun to get people from TBT involved. If people from here do decide to help out I'll share the link in May.

If people could let me know either here or by PM if they're interested in helping out then I'll share more information about submitting files and such. As for lines, the most common I would need is just a voice recording of people saying the name "Emily".

:)

UPDATE: April 29, 2015

vBkpTb3.gif

Pierrot and Marie, March 28 2015.

With so much happening lately I'm only just now getting around to work on the edit with two weeks to go until the deadline. If anyone is still up to helping me out on this I'd be hugely grateful! oath2order is voicing the role of Pierrot, and I believe Yuni is down for Marie, assuming she's still up for it. But I still need other voices, which are going to be heard when Emily begins to lose her mind hits rock bottom.

Files

Having a fancy microphone isn't necessary, for those who've listed that as a concern. Even using the microphone on the pair of earphones I got with my phone is producing usable results. I also use my phone as a microphone when I do voice recordings sometimes and quality is generally good.

The easiest way to submit anything would be to use Vocaroo, save it, and then forward me the link either in this thread or via PM so that I can download it.

For anyone with more experience (knows how to do this without me having to give step-by-step instructions) and can use software / their phone to create the recording that would actually be better, but as it's more work I'm not expecting people to do that. If you decide to do it this way and would prefer to email rather than upload your file, PM me and I'll send you back my email address.

What I'm looking for / advice:

• Find a quiet place with as little background noise as possible.
  • Speak at a normal volume - gives the best quality result.
  • Say the name "Emily". Preferably a few times in different intonations (questioning / urgent / sing-song / etc), but even just once is fine.

Thank you to anyone who is willing to help out. You will be credited. :)

Last edited:
This sounds fun! :)
I wish I could help you! But I dotm know how I could upload the recording to the website.

If it wasn't for my accent, I would've loved to help you n_n Good luck on your short film, I hope that you'll get many participations, and that you'll let us know how your project goes ~

I'd love to help out, but sadly I only have my shoddy laptop microphone so the sound quality would be awful. Anyway, good luck on your project. I hope you get a good mark. :)

Last edited:
Sign me on! :) I don't have like, a Blue Yeti or anything, just the mic from my Turtle Beaches but it should be alright.

I will audition!!!

(but u have to stop being mean to me)

Last edited:
Awh sounds like fun! I don't have the technology to help you but good luck with your project dear!

Best of luck! Sounds like a really nice project you have going on :) Wish I could help but my voice (and accent) sound terrible recorded and I don't want to crack it for a serious film either.

Since you shared with Tina, please can I have your voice? c:

Oh and I would, but my voice is non-existent at the moment.

Same I was singing about tater tots and now my voice is dead

I would love to join in, I can do a lot of different voices too, I could use vocaroo to record them but idk how well that would work for you. Let me know!

Emily
I can record more if you want <3
bbyg
Edit: Background noise is like rip,

Last edited:
Back