Timmy Christmas Doll
Blue Mote of Flame
Ancient Lantern
Rainbow Feather
Green Fair Pinwheel
ど
Togepi Easter Egg
Pokéball
A passing thought, but is there a reason we don't have the option to choose what gender we are in our profiles? I noticed one of the issues I run into is being unsure of how to address someone I'm unfamiliar with.

There's thread discussions, but not everyone participates in those so it would be kinda helpful if you could just check their profiles to avoid the confusion. I suppose we could always include it in our 'About Me' sections but it would be kinda nice to be able to just have the option.

I think the staff wants to make everyone feel comfortable here and not "force you" per say to identify as a female/male. The thread discussions are always places where debate sparks up and sometimes arguments gets them closed. You can always put it in your profile if you choose in your biography.

Honestly, there's no reason that it's not there, it's just never really come up I guess. Although daniduckyface has a good point in that it might just be best left in the biography to avoid needing to worry about excluding anyone in the available options.

Yeah that sounds reasonable. I decided to add mine to my bio.

What about timezones? O:

I noticed some members just use the 'NN ID' field of their profile to display time zone. But what if a member wants to display their 'NN ID,' too? Maybe use a different field for time zone, then? I wanted to add my time zone, too, so that it displays under my profile, but simply have an aesthetic (i.e., silly) dislike of showing my time zone under a field meant for my NN ID, heh.

In short, I would like a 'time zone' field under the avatar, too. Or even 'local time,' if that were practical (I only recall one forum doing that, and maybe not even the same software).

Anyways, time for me to slip back under the couch before ire is directed my way.

Edit: Darn, I might be too late.

Last edited:
have you read the 'what gender are you' thread? it will probs help you see why this shouldnt be a thing

I noticed some members just use the 'NN ID' field of their profile to display time zone. But what if a member wants to display their 'NN ID,' too? Maybe use a different field for time zone, then? I wanted to add my time zone, too, so that it displays under my profile, but simply have an aesthetic (i.e., silly) dislike of showing my time zone under a field meant for my NN ID, heh.

In short, I would like a 'time zone' field under the avatar, too. Or even 'local time,' if that were practical (I only recall one forum doing that, and maybe not even the same software).

*Happily displaying time zone where NN ID's suppose to be*
I think I first noticed PandaNikita doing that...and promptly 'borrowed' it.
And YES, a field to display time zone would be super neat.
Thanks for bringing that up. C:

I was signing up for the smash tourney so the idea came from me editing my About Me section since that's where I usually state my timezone. I had it in my signature for a while, but it seems to have gotten lost over time. Lolz. I liked the cleverness of PandaNikitas placement of her timezone (I remember this too!) but since I do play ssb with members here, it's like debating which option seems more fitting. I'm cool with having to write I my own timezone if it shows up under my avatar. I dunno the technicalities, but man there's a lot of space in that sidebar.

I mean yeah it's a leisure thing, but why not see if there's potential in it?

Initially we didn't have many profile fields because we had a bug on the forum which caused forum posts to expand an obscene amount when a user had a lot of lines in their postbit (the user information section on a post).

I guess we just never really bothered adding more profile fields after we fixed the postbit bug. I don't see any real reason we can't, and I agree that information like Gender and Time Zone would indeed be useful.

Maybe something we can think about if the almighty ruler Jeremy doesn't oppose to it.

Initially we didn't have many profile fields because we had a bug on the forum which caused forum posts to expand an obscene amount when a user had a lot of lines in their postbit (the user information section on a post).

I guess we just never really bothered adding more profile fields after we fixed the postbit bug. I don't see any real reason we can't, and I agree that information like Gender and Time Zone would indeed be useful.

Maybe something we can think about if the almighty ruler Jeremy doesn't oppose to it.

Jeffery will listen to u and if he doesn't just give Cap a call to beat his ass in smash again :-}

Timezones and gender would be a good addition. Though, who knows if there will ever be a solution to the misgendering/pronoun issue. This feature could help with that quite a bit

even tho the pronouns/gender/pronouns thing can be fixed by putting it in ur sig, some ppl wouldnt like it bc it makes their sig 'messy' or somethin.
ppl can also put it in their bio/sig for now until if it gets added

idk, some people can just put it in their bio.

i personally find it hilarious when people mistake my gender online

I kind of didn't read any of this but yeah a timezone section would be amazing. I actually have a NNID now so I took out my timezone from that section. I think for the "gender" field on profiles it should allow the user to type whatever they want in there because some people don't like being defined as either "male" or "female".

- - - Post Merge - - -

Or even a "preferred pronouns" field would be cool.

I kind of didn't read any of this but yeah a timezone section would be amazing. I actually have a NNID now so I took out my timezone from that section. I think for the "gender" field on profiles it should allow the user to type whatever they want in there because some people don't like being defined as either "male" or "female".

- - - Post Merge - - -

Or even a "preferred pronouns" field would be cool.

With the gender option I'd honestly rather just void it. It's not worth getting into stuff for.

Back