Villager trading dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

welie

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this:

So I traded a villager to another person here. According to the person, the villager asked to move, which she accepted. The mayor leaves my town, and sends me the TBT. Later the mayor claims the villager never moved in. I've traded 100s of villagers and this never happened before.

So first question? If the trade ends here, should I send back the TBT?
The villager moved out, and everything worked on my end.

But the trade doesn't end here, I had a cycling buddy with the villager in question. So I told my friend the situation, and asked if she would do me a favour. Can she cycle out the villager and then give the villager to the person. My awesome friend cycles out the villager in question, then I set up the exchange between the two of them. This adoption was confirmed successful.

So today I get the following message: 'hey, sorry to bug you, but would it be possible to get my tbt back? since i didn't actually get <villager> from you?' Which I was beyond shocked getting. Me and myfriend went way out of our way to help this person, giving her two villagers, and now she wants the TBT back? Am I in the wrong here?

Last edited:
I don't see how you're wrong in this situation, when she told you that she ddnt get the villager, you found a way to get her that villager

Generally when I trade villagers for TBT, I let the other person talk to the villager first and then send me the TBT before s/he leaves my town. That way, if the person sends me TBT after getting to talk to the villager, that means the person is saying that I have done my part of the deal and that I am not responsible for whatever happens afterward (nothing wrong has ever happened for me or the person I've traded with).

Anyone can claim they didn't receive the villager even if they really did, so unless the person has proof that you misled that person, then you have every right to keep the TBT. It is not your problem if the other person messed up by already having 10 villagers or having another villager already set to move in. As long as you let the person talk to the villager and that person said it is okay to end the online session, you have fulfilled your end of the deal.

While there are two sides to every story, demanding a full refund is uncalled for. First off, you did your part according to what you have said, if this villager didn't move in, you shouldn't have to pay for something that was not in your control. Further, you got this villager for her again at a much greater inconvenience to you than to them, it sounds like. Basically, the answer is no. Express it however you feel like, depending on how you feel about the circumstances.

has the person who adopted the villager originally told you that it didn't work a second time? i would definitely ask for proof for everything, because for all you know they could just be trying to earn some tbt. i think that the fact that you tried pretty hard to get the person the villager back should account for at least half of the payment. ((basically you should only have to refund half because it's not you fault that they didn't get the villager and also you tried to get them the villager as well.)) in no way are you in the wrong- you tried to account for "your" faults (it was most likely the other person's fault- they probably had a villager moving out that day) and don't deserve to refund all the tbt. good luck on resolving this!

Oh sorry, I should have mentioned that the second adoption was successful.

if the second adoption was successful, there is no reason as to why the adopter should be asking for a refund. if anything they should be giving you extra for the trouble you went through to get them the villager. have you responded and talked to the person about this? i.e. why do they want the refund if the adoption was successful? i think that as soon as the other person receives the villager successfully the trade should be over.

Okay, Look. First of all this is not the place to do this. You do not publicly humiliate someone over the internet in ANY way, shape, or form, regardless of what happened. Secondly they asked you politely for the tbt back seeing how as they didn't get said villager from you specifically. So in my understanding you are in the wrong for many reasons, not even ACNL related. This is flat out cyber bullying, I'm close friends with the person in question and I know what happened, they came to me when the problem first arose. I understand your frustration and confusing however that does not give you the right to be so rude about a simple little question. They did not threaten you, they were not rude to you, they were not degrading, they simply asked for a large amount may I say or TBT back. So in my mind, you close this thread and apologize for making the person in question feel attacked and humiliated. I don't care if you believe their story and personally I shouldn't be having to tell another human being how to treat others, because I don't mind treating you the same way now and I don't even know you. So I say good day to you and IF you have any more problems, you speak with us personally, not the whole flipping world and make either of us feel like complete fools. Good evening.

Okay, Look. First of all this is not the place to do this. You do not publicly humiliate someone over the internet in ANY way, shape, or form, regardless of what happened. Secondly they asked you politely for the tbt back seeing how as they didn't get said villager from you specifically. So in my understanding you are in the wrong for many reasons, not even ACNL related. This is flat out cyber bullying, I'm close friends with the person in question and I know what happened, they came to me when the problem first arose. I understand your frustration and confusing however that does not give you the right to be so rude about a simple little question. They did not threaten you, they were not rude to you, they were not degrading, they simply asked for a large amount may I say or TBT back. So in my mind, you close this thread and apologize for making the person in question feel attacked and humiliated. I don't care if you believe their story and personally I shouldn't be having to tell another human being how to treat others, because I don't mind treating you the same way now and I don't even know you. So I say good day to you and IF you have any more problems, you speak with us personally, not the whole flipping world and make either of us feel like complete fools. Good evening.

wait what? he didn't disclose the username of the person who he was trading with. So he's not in the wrong.

Also please be more clear in what you say. I have no idea what you're trying to tell him.

Last edited:
Want me to be clear? He made my friend feel humiliated over something as stupid as online money. That. Isn't. Freaking. Right. There, clear enough for ya?

Given that you are the one providing the identifying information, which welie did not do, maybe YOU are the cyberbully in this scenario.

Last edited:
fHR06XW.jpg

Thanks for the laugh today.
But seriously though, You went through the effort to get them another villager from your friend when you could had just stated " not my problem", They said they accepted the villager.The game does not allow villagers to move in unless you have the space.
If anything I would spilt the TBT with your friend if you want.

Last edited:
There's no reason for you to feel you have 'owe' them a refund.
In fact, it seems extremely shady to me that they even dare to ask for it.
Once the villager agreed to move, session ended successfully, saved, and the "Moved Out" sign can be seen on that villager's door,
it should be the end of it. What happened afterwards on the adopter's side is not within your control.

That said, have you looked into that member's complete feedback history, to see if they have all positive feedbacks?
Well, given the benefit of doubt, they could be inviting more than one villager within the same game day / buyer's remorse / messed up with their tting, or they have done this before, getting 'free' villagers by claiming 'they never really got said villager moving in'.
Yes, I've heard of attempts like that, because people do strange things.

So, it should be a firm NO. If anyone is saying you are in the wrong,
then they are trying to threaten/guilt-trip you, while getting a kick out of it.
It's virtual money anyways, so maybe they should be less serious about being so entitled to a 'refund'?

Good luck! C:

Please try to settle this matter in private as best as you can, not make a show of it here in public. If you're unable to settle things, then feel free to contact a mod later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back