• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Buy 2 Get 2 Amiibo! (pre-owned)

Wait a sec... I can't find preowned amiibo on their website. :O

I think this would be a really awesome offer if it was of new amiibos and not pre-owned ones. Then again, maybe you could find pre-owned amiibos that are still in really good condition.

Wait a sec... I can't find preowned amiibo on their website. :O

I think, for now, they'll just be doing this in stores and not online.

I knew about this deal, but the pre-owned part of it I didn't. I'm glad I didn't make the trip after all.

I don't see all the fuss with them being preowned...Most preowned stuff I come across is in good condition.

I didn't even know you could trade in amiibos to Gamestop. Wonder if they give you more than $2 for them.

I don't see all the fuss with them being preowned...Most preowned stuff I come across is in good condition.

The issue is non-common amiibo are hard to find, let alone pre-owned. There have been a couple of lucky people to find pre-owned ones from Gamestop.

This deal would have been wonderful if it was for all. I would finally get Samus, Kirby, Pikachu, and Sheik.

I'll have a Rosalina and King DeDeDe please, with Villager and Shulk for free. :D

If only it worked that way...

Welp all they had was a preowned Mario from Mario Party in my area. (Called about 4 stores and there was only one preowned; the price drop for preowned wasn't much of a difference from getting a new one to begin with.) I'm gunna assume that most people would rather use eBay then trade to Gamestop.

If it were a sale on new ones then that would be awesome cause I wouldn't mind picking up some common ones. But alas.

I don't have any amiibo (yet) but what difference would not being new make? I assume you can wipe any data off of them?

Also several Wal-Marts in my area have a ton of them, one has a HUGE section devoted to them. JUST amiibo, no Disney Infinity or Skylanders. I saw several Shulks, Mega Mans, Marios, Links, Ganondorfs, Dededes, and Pits. Should I get some of them? I'd just be buying them for display purposes.

Last edited:
From my understanding the amiibos hold data from certain games, like ssb and Mario party, but they can only save information from one game at a time. So you'd have to delete the existing data to use it on another game. However some games just use the amiibos to unlock content like Mario Kart and don't require the data to be stored.

I'm a collector of things and have a tendency to not open boxes but I have opened my Samus, Pikachu and Link amiibos. The figures are pretty display worthy I think. The Villager to me looks out of place since the rest of the amiibos seem detailed lolz but seeing that I don't have much from Animal Crossing, I doubt I'd be opening his box.

It's fun to share which amiibos you get with other people but I'd say the cost to get all of them will start eating at yer bank account. It's a safe bet to say if there's a character you really like why not grab one.

From my understanding the amiibos hold data from certain games, like ssb and Mario party, but they can only save information from one game at a time. So you'd have to delete the existing data to use it on another game. However some games just use the amiibos to unlock content like Mario Kart and don't require the data to be stored.

I'm a collector of things and have a tendency to not open boxes but I have opened my Samus, Pikachu and Link amiibos. The figures are pretty display worthy I think. The Villager to me looks out of place since the rest of the amiibos seem detailed lolz but seeing that I don't have much from Animal Crossing, I doubt I'd be opening his box.

It's fun to share which amiibos you get with other people but I'd say the cost to get all of them will start eating at yer bank account. It's a safe bet to say if there's a character you really like why not grab one.

Only really interested in Pit, Link, Robin, Shulk, and Mega Man. Haven't really looked up many prices for them.

Soo you get two amiibos. But you pay he price for two amiibos? I need someone to explain it to me

I don't have any amiibo (yet) but what difference would not being new make? I assume you can wipe any data off of them?

Also several Wal-Marts in my area have a ton of them, one has a HUGE section devoted to them. JUST amiibo, no Disney Infinity or Skylanders. I saw several Shulks, Mega Mans, Marios, Links, Ganondorfs, Dededes, and Pits. Should I get some of them? I'd just be buying them for display purposes.

Are you sure that these are the amiibo figures? Shulk was a GameStop exclusive, so I don't think you'd be able to find him in a Walmart store. A Ganondorf amiibo hasn't even been announced, so you couldn't have possibly seen a Ganondorf amiibo. Are you sure they weren't the World of Nintendo figures? The World of Nintendo figures don't include Shulk, but they do include Ganondorf. If you have seen Shulk, King DeDeDe, and/or Pit at Walmart (though you shouldn't be able to find Shulk there), you definitely should pick them up. I only have Pit of those three, but they are all very hard-to-find figures and have great detail. Mario and Link are, obviously, common, and Mega Man has been appearing more frequently recently (sort of like how Diddy Kong was hard-to-find when he released and then started popping out everywhere). I don't have Mario and Link (though I've seen them and they look awesome), but I have Mega Man. Mega Man's figure looks incredible!

In terms of gameplay, they're pretty lackluster, however. Mario Party 10 makes great use of the amiibos its compatible with but that's really it. Smash's amiibo support is cool but gets boring after a while (especially if you have tons of amiibos to train). In my opinion, the Mario Kart 8 suit's are pretty cool, but I only really like Samus, Fox, Kirby, and Captain Falcon's suits. The rest of the amiibo support (Hyrule Warriors and Kirby and the Rainbow Curse) is really useless.

I highly recommend picking up the ones you want but beware of being addicted to collecting them! I originally only wanted a few (Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Samus, Yoshi, Little Mac, Captain Falcon, and Fox), but now I have 13 amiibos. I did happen to get most of the amiibos I wanted (Samus, Yoshi, Little Mac, Captain Falcon, and Fox), but I ended up purchasing a ton of others as well (Lucario, Sheik, Ike, Bowser, Diddy Kong, etc.). Amiibos suck up too much of my money! xD

By the way, they are $12.99 each at the MSRP, but if you were to find some of the harder-to-find amiibos (like Little Mac, Captain Falcon, or Gold Mario), they're being sold online for much more.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Soo you get two amiibos. But you pay he price for two amiibos? I need someone to explain it to me

Now that I look at it, the title of the thread actually does look a bit misleading. :p GameStop is currently having a deal where if you buy two pre-owned amiibos you can get those two amiibos plus another two pre-owned amiibos for free. Essentially, you'll get 4 pre-owned amiibos for the price of 2 amiibos.

My Walmart has a huge section for Skylanders and Infinity figures, and the amiibo section is filled with more Skylanders and Infinity figures. They haven't had a single amiibo of anyone in over a month.

The only real difference would the that they've probably been opened. There's absolutely no other difference.

I can see why people would prefer a new one. Obviously it's going to be brand new and in good condition...But if you buy them in store pre-owned you can see what condition they're in yourself before you buy it and 9 times outta 10 they're fine.

Back