Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
Dark Easter Egg
Easter Egg
Candy Easter Egg
tbt%20tourney%20banner.png

Hello everyone!

Welcome to TBT’s 6th Smash Bros. Tournament! These tournaments here at TBT have been super awesome and very well organized, and I want to thank those who have previously participated for making it so great! We couldn’t have done it without the large support and activity from the members, and without the awesome people who took time out of their day to host it, so once again, thanks so much for that! I’m glad to be a part of this new tradition here at TBT, and I hope I can do just as an amazing job as our previous hosts!

Congratulations to AkatsukiYoshi for winning the 5th Smash Bros Wii U Tourney at TBT!
Thank you everyone who watched the stream!

--
EDIT: LIVE STREAMING INFORMATION
Hi everyone!

Yesterday's stream test was successful, therefore we will be streaming the Winner's Final and potentially the Grand Final!

The match will be held at 10:00pm CDT on Friday, May 1st.

• Link to the stream - http://twitch.tv/temarichi
• It will be streamed through twitch.tv
• If you are watching it on a mobile device, I highly recommend downloading the Twitch app.
• Please join the conversation! There is a chatbox next to the stream :3​

This is my first time streaming a video game (I've streamed things such as art many times before), so hopefully things go well! I'll try to persuade my brother to let me use his computer instead of my laptop since his computer is plugged directly into the router uwu;; The stream test was done on my laptop, so it'll be fine if he doesn't let me lol

Also a reminder that I'm still accepting donations for the prize pot~

I hope to see you there!
--

– T O U R N A M E N T • R U L E S –

32 Participants
Singles
3-stock
Double elimination
No items
No custom moves

All matches are best 2 of 3 except:
Winner’s Finals, Loser’s Finals, and Grand Finals

(These are best of 5)

Playable Stages
Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville, Duck Hunt, Town and City, Lylat Cruise, Halberd, Delfino Plaza, and Castle Siege, or any Omega stage.
If you win your match, please PM me the score when you are finished!

– F A Q –

(If you are new to TBT Smash Tournaments then please read the FAQ;;; or just read it for fun lol)
1. How do I have my matches with my opponent?
Private Message or Visitor Message your opponent and schedule a time to have your match with them. Please be considerate of one another’s time zones, for it may or may not match up well. After that, be sure to add them as a friend on your WiiU.

2. What is the Loser’s Bracket?
The Loser’s Bracket is another bracket that you get transferred into if you lose one of your matches in the Main Bracket. It allows you to make a “come-back” in the tournament and potentially make your way back to the top. The winner of the Loser’s Bracket will play the winner of the Main Bracket in order to decide who the Grand Winner is. The benefit of a Loser’s Bracket is that it allows you to have another chance while playing in the tournament. However, it takes much longer to progress in this bracket than it would if you were still in the Main Bracket. If you lose in this bracket, you will be unable to continue in the tournament.

3. In what ways could I get disqualified (DQ) from the tournament?
Things that will get you a DQ include
- Not showing for your match
- Not doing your match within the 48 hour time limit (unless you have received an extension)
- Turning on items or custom moves and attempting to battle with them
- Choosing an illegal stage and attempting to battle on it​

4. My opponent has not replied to any of my messages, and the 48 hour time limit is approaching. What do I do?
As long as you have been making an attempt to contact your opponent, you will not be disqualified. Your opponent, however, will be. You will be declared the winner of the match and move forward.

5. What happens if both opponents do not attempt to do their matches?
If both parties are inactive and I don’t receive any messages from either side stating that they have been trying, both parties will be kicked out of the tournament. Their match-ups will be replaced with substitutes.

6. I accidentally turned on items/custom moves/chose an illegal stage…?
First, please don’t do it again. It can be very frustrating for the other side if they are under time constraints and must get their match done real quick before leaving to their best friend’s birthday party. If you realize that you have turned them on and began the match, be sure to end the match by a) sudden deaths or b) pausing the game and ending it with “No Contest”. The match will not be counted and must be redone according to the rules. If you cannot comply and attempt to continue the match with items, custom moves, etc. you will be given DQ.

7. How do I get an extension?
Please PM me about it! If you post in the thread, it will be likely that I won’t see it, so be sure to send me a message instead.

8. Something came up in life and I cannot do my match anymore…what do I do?
I understand that life can get busy, but unfortunately, if you cannot continue then I will have to forfeit you, which means you won’t be in the tournament anymore regardless of which bracket you were in.

9. I won my match. How should the PM or VM that I send to you look?
To make things easy for me, for PMs make the subject “[Title] Bracket – Round X”. Simply write in the message how many wins you had during the rounds you played (eg, 2-0, 2-1, etc.)

– O T H E R • I N F O R M A T I O N –

- If you want to make this super fun, please donate! You aren’t required to donate anything in order to participate.
- There will be a 48 hour time limit to get your matches done. It will be considered a “new day” after 6AM Central Daylight Time (GMT -5).
- 24 hour extensions will be granted upon request by one of the opponents in the match-up. You may have up to 2 extensions.
- If you are given DQ in the Main Bracket, you will be able to participate in the Loser’s Bracket.
- Any prize money donated will be split among the top three winners 60/30/10.
- Please provide your time zone when signing up. Although it will change throughout the tournament, for the first match up I will attempt to pair you with someone with a close time zone. No promises, though.
- You must be a member of The Bell Tree Forums in order to participate.​

– S I G N • U P –

Please include your time zone when signing up!

1. Temari - CDT (donated 50tbt)
2. xRush101 - CDT
3. Zigzag991 - CDT
4. Javocado - PDT (donated 500tbt)
5. Natty - EDT (donated 250tbt)
6. Amichann - CDT
7. m12 - PDT
8. Crys - PDT
9. CookingOkasan - EDT
10. Boidoh - CST
11. Dumbness - EDT (donated 100tbt)
12. Jarrad -
13. Jeremy - EDT (donated 100tbt)
14. Lockfancy - EDT (donated 150tbt)
15. RhinoK - GMT+0
16. Capella -
17. KainAronoele - EDT
18. Nuclear Bingo - CDT
19. lars708 - GMT+1
20. hichimon - EDT
21. Yatogami - EDT
22. ThePhil - GMT+1
23. 00jachna -
24. Orchestrafanboy19 - PDT (donated 35tbt)
25. eggs - CDT
26. Chris11 - JKT
27. undernickle - EDT (donated 15tbt)
28. Elisay - PDT
29. Redsonic - CDT
30. Yay Sweets - EDT
31. Monkey D Luffy - GMT+0
32. Antlers - GMT+0

Substitutes:
1. Pufflekirby21 - PDT
2. registholalugia - PDT
3. AkatsukiYoshi

Other donations:
1. Pufflekirby21 - 110 bells
2. DarkDesertFox - 50 bells
3. Sir Integra - 100 bells

Thank you so much for donating!

PRIZE POT: 1460

- C A L E N D A R • O F • U P C O M I N G • M A T C H E S -

SundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday
Main Bracket - Round 4
Loser's Bracket - Round 3 officially begin
Main Bracket - Round 4
Loser's Bracket - Round 3 due
Jarrad and Redsonic - extension due
Semifinals and Loser's Bracket - Round 4 begin
Loser's Bracket - Round 4 due
Loser's Bracket - Round 5 begins
Semifinals due
Loser's Bracket - Round 5 due
Loser's Bracket - Round 6 begins
Loser's Bracket - Round 6 due
Loser's Bracket - Round 7 begins
Loser's Bracket - Round 7 due
Loser's Bracket - Semifinals begin
Loser's Bracket - Semifinals due
Stream test with MB and LB finalists
MAY 1
Winner's Final Stream @10pm CDT

A New Day begins at 6:00am CDT.
Any day marked with "due," you have through that day to complete your match.

- T H I N G S • T H A T • M A K E • P E O P L E • I R R I T A T E D • ^__^ -

• Not appearing for your match​
Honestly, joining this tourney pretty much tells me and everyone else that you agree to follow the rules and, well, participate. Not showing is extremely rude, and it not only wastes my time, but it also wastes everyone else. Please don’t do this unless you really want to piss 31 people off.

• Time zones​
This kinda goes with the above and not appearing for your match. The majority of those who participate live in the United States or Europe. Please please PLEASE—if your time zone is something out of the ordinary and you are 15 hours ahead of the population majority, PLEASE THINK CAREFULLY ABOUT YOUR DECISION OF JOINING. If you do join and you know that you’re time zone doesn’t match up well, expect to be staying up late. It was your decision to join a tourney with the majority of its participants on one side of the world, so expect to accommodate said majority. It will not be fair if every opponent you face has to stay up until 5am waiting for you to join their room. A lot of us don’t have the time to stay up that late, so please if your time zone doesn’t match up well, consider it when joining.

• Lag​
Lol this is REALLY out of my control and don’t worry, you won’t be penalized with lag. Just so you know it can be really frustrating for some people. If you know that you only get one bar of internet, please have that in mind when signing up.

• Not following the rules​
They are there for a reason. Please be considerate of others and follow the rules! Thanks!

Overall, just have fun! I’m glad to be hosting this tournament this time around, so let’s make it as great as the others!

- Temari

Last edited:
Eh... I'm going to sit out for a while. I'll still donate just because why not. ;)

Question: If the deadline for round 1 is, let's say, Wednesday, but you get an extension, so now it's due on Thursday. Then assume the due date for Round 2 is on Friday. Would the due date for people who got the extension be on Friday still or now Saturday? I'd assume it'd be Friday, but I wanted to ask just to make sure. Like I said before, if the DQ's don't get sent it might leave people waiting for 3 extra days and huge gaps in the bracket.

Question: If the deadline for round 1 is, let's say, Wednesday, but you get an extension, so now it's due on Thursday. Then assume the due date for Round 2 is on Friday. Would the due date for people who got the extension be on Friday still or now Saturday? I'd assume it'd be Friday, but I wanted to ask just to make sure. Like I said before, if the DQ's don't get sent it might leave people waiting for 3 extra days and huge gaps in the bracket.

It would still be Friday, regardless if you got an extension. Great question!

There may be a few instances where I'd make an exception, but yeah if you got an extension, you are still responsible for finishing your other match in the next round.

Last edited:
I'm going to lose, but ok. Can I have a spot please?

Timezone is PST.

Last edited:
I'll join if you're deprived of a person later down the road, but considering the popularity of these tournaments I don't think that'll be a problem unless everybody wants to take a break now.

Back