• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Dungeons & Dragons TBT Edition: The Lost Mines of Phandelver

Jfc our first session.

I'm going to be logging the whole thing down in some pretty quick details. We just finished our first session so here you go.

Kaiaa= Sera the human rogue with brittle bone disease.

Gallows= Doc the human alchemist

Tom= Vondal the dwarf warrior

m12= Bhanqu(MIA first session) the human wizard

Started adventure and fought goblins. Sera hid in the wagon. Doc grabbed a goblin(Dobby) and Vondal knocked it out and tied it up. Ran into some traps and made it to the goblin cave. Sniped the guards and went into the cave and fed all of the wolves meat.
Sera climbs into the chute at the back of the cave and sees a wolf and a furry creature like a bear in the distance by a fire. Vondal climbs up too and notices a hoard of treasure piled near the fire.

Everyone leaves the wolves and continues following the stream up the cave and notice a goblin on the bridge. They turn into the left cave before the bridge and Sera climbs up the slope and lets down a rope. Vondal climbs up too but Doc falls down into the water. The water from up in the cave rushes down and Doc dodges it and runs across as it clears up.
Vondal sprints down the hill and across the water before it rushes down again but Sera is swept up by the water and out of the cave.

They all go back into the wolf den and Doc and Vondal sleep while Sera takes watch. They all head back to the slope across the river and they all fall down and get hurt, Vondal falls on top of Dobby. Doc tries to sprint back across the water but is shot down by two goblins from the bridge when he reaches the other side. Dobby the goblin also dies from brain trauma. Sera releases one of the wolves and it bolts out of the cave to freedom. Two goblins run down the path and the first shoots Vondal and dodges his attack while the other goblin attempts to release one of the wolves. The bow goblin shoots at Vondal again but it bounces off of his armor. The wolf is now free and turns on the goblin and bites it's throat and rips a chunk off killing it.
Sera shoots the other goblin in the head and it falls to the ground while the wolf runs out of the cave.

Sera and Vondal argue over Dobby being dead while Doc lays on the floor unconcious. They drag Doc out of the cave and make camp in the forest. Doc leaves to collect herbs while Sera and Vondal argue over how to bury Dobby.

Oh and just to add on. Through most of the first session we had Dobby tied up and onto Vondal like a backpack via some ropes.

Last edited:
First session was absolutely hilarious. Thank you to Tom, Kaiaa and Gallows who... despite spending 3 days out in the wilderness didn't really accomplish anything in the campaign so far but THATS OKAY!

I ****ing passed out like 2 minutes before the call started god dammit

I'LL BE THERE TONIGHT

Session 2:
A wizard is never late to a Bugbear Boogaloo

So we had Zr388 and m12 join us today as our two party wizards. To recap from the last post the party is:

Jason- The GM

Kaiaa- Sera the human rogue

Tom- Vondal the dwarf warrior

m12- Bhanqu the aristocratic human wizard

Zr388- Varis the high-elf wizard

Gallows- Doc the human alchemist

I didn't make a log for tonight but I'll write down everything I can remember.
As Sera and Vondal were arguing over the funeral plans for Dobby and Doc was sitting at the camp brewing potions Varis wakes up in the wagon from the start of the adventure in a daze and wondering what had happened. There were dead goblins laying around and a dead horse, and while following footprints into the forest discovering lots of sprung traps and blood trailing toward a cave.
After a brief fight involving a goblin and some sleep magic Sera runs over to the sleeping goblin and slits his throat, to the dismay of Doc.

Varis transforms the rocky slope inside the cave to a staircase and everyone heads up to take out the goblins inside of a makeshift kitchen like cavern. The head goblin calls for a truce and bargains with everyone to kill his leader, Klarg the bugbear, in exchange for one of his prisoners. Doc managed to bargain his other prisoner, Bhanqu the wizard, into the deal as a bargaining chip in case he tried to double cross everyone. They tried to cross a bridge over the river but Bhanqu was too heavy and the bridge collapsed but he was able to catch onto Varis' hand and was pulled up. Vondal was not so lucky and attempted to jump the 30 foot gap and failed.

After pulling Vondal up they all entered the next cavern. Vondal, already pretty injured, fell unconscious during a fight with some more goblins. One of the goblins ran into the larger room to the side and Doc ran after him, killing him with an arrow. Varis was able to sneak around in the shadows while this was happening and watched as Doc was attacked by a wolf and almost killed. Sera dived into the shadows and shot the wolf straight in the eye and killed it. As everything was calming down Bhanqu ran over to Doc to try and stabilize his wounds, Klarg the bugbear emerged from the shadows and swung his mace at Bhanqu but missed. The wizard then screamed and ran into the other room, and shifted Klarg's focus onto Sera, who he smashed with his mace, launching her into the other room. But from the shadowy corner Varis launched a series of fireball spells onto the bugbear, setting him ablaze and killing him.

Everyone took a much deserved rest and healed up via some health potions in Klarg's treasure stash. Doc cut off Klarg's head and presented it to the goblin who cheered as he held it up in one hand. But for some reason Varis decided to suggest to everyone that we should kill the goblin. He turned around enraged and ready to attack but Sera shot an arrow straight into his forehead and killed him. Everyone then split the treasure between themselves and set up camp.

You forgot to mention Justin as the ominous voice!

(I'm determined to get him playing at some point)

You forgot to mention Justin as the ominous voice!

(I'm determined to get him playing at some point)

Unfortunately the ominous voice passed out half way through.

That's an improvement on my previous time of like 5 minutes though.

Third session complete. We've gone from goblin playthings to bandit playthings! Progress.

This party is relentless, wanting to cut the god damn hands off this guy in front of a 10 year old kid!

Back