Blue Mote of Flame
Purple Feather
Pink Feather
Blue Feather
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Ancient Lantern
Dusty Scroll
Trophy
I'm starting a Dungeons & Dragons 5E campaign with players from TBT. I'll be the Dungeon Master initially running through the 5th Edition starter campaign.

I'm looking for 1-2 more players for our group. It doesn't matter if you have no experience. All I ask is you're interested in playing, willing to engage in at least some Roleplay and consistently show up for the campaigns. There are a few requirements though:

- You have Skype, a good microphone and a Webcam
- You are able to play on weekends (Evening EST time)
- You are over 18
- You have stable internet.

Post here if interested and you meet this requirement. Hopefully our first play session will be this Saturday.

Wish you could play Jamie! Might be able to shoehorn you in sometime if your schedule ever frees up.

I would absolutely play if not for the webcam thing. I'm really not comfortable with that (lame I know, but that's how it is).

How big is the party going to be, do you think? I've played many campaigns over Roll20 and Skype and find that the combination of typing and talking better ensures that everyone gets heard - but then again, a lot of the time my parties have been 8 people strong so it was really difficult to get a word in edgewise so... that would be why typing became a necessity/habit for me personally. So I worry a little about potential issues with a big party (even though the webcam thing already ensures that I'm not going to be playing, lol, I'm sorry, just rambling)

I've wanted to play 5th edition since... hell, since before it even came out, though, so I'm sad I'm gonna miss out on it. PLEASE report back and tell me/us all how it goes!

I've never played before but I've wanted to for a while. I have some understanding of how it works but not great.

What roughly would 'evening EST' be and how long does each session usually last? I'm 4 hours ahead of EST, so I wanna make sure I'm not up till like, 5 AM.

I would absolutely play if not for the webcam thing. I'm really not comfortable with that (lame I know, but that's how it is).

Yea, that caught me at first...Think I'm just going to bite the bullet and get over my phobia of being on cam and people watching me in my room though.

I want everyone to use a webcam because it's easier to portray your characters when you are able to give physical gestures and cues. It brings more life to the game and a greater connection between players. There's no real need to be afraid!

The party is currently 4 people: Prof Gallows, Kaiaa, Tom & M12, with myself as DM. I don't necessarily want more than 5 players, I think that's when things start getting a bit messy.

"Evening EST" would generally be starting anywhere from 6PM - Midnight. It fits all of our schedules the best, and despite me being from the UK, I work nights so am always up at that hour. Sessions I'd like to last a minimum of a few hours.

I would really like to join in. I've played a ton of 3.5 and a few campaigns with 4e. How is 5e?

I would really like to join in. I've played a ton of 3.5 and a few campaigns with 4e. How is 5e?

5E harks back to the good ol' days of 2E and 3.5. It focuses on theatre of the mind as opposed to grid-like systems of 4E. In general, 5E is quite simplified, they've cut out a lot of the crap and streamlined the system. Some people consider this a bad thing, but I think it's great. Anything missing can be easily house-ruled!

5E harks back to the good ol' days of 2E and 3.5. It focuses on theatre of the mind as opposed to grid-like systems of 4E. In general, 5E is quite simplified, they've cut out a lot of the crap and streamlined the system. Some people consider this a bad thing, but I think it's great. Anything missing can be easily house-ruled!

This! It really is a great system. I'm a big fan of 3.5 and Pathfinder both, but 5E is basically everything I've ever wanted out of D&D... although it's hard waiting for new material to come out when you're used to having all of the older stuff at your fingertips. 5E gives you a lot of freedom.

(Please give us updates on how it goes once it's started btw! And yeah, parties definitely get crazy after the five person mark, good call.)

Saturday, sometime after 11PM EST. Would ideally be earlier but that's just how scheduling has worked out.

Wish I didn't work graveyards now.. I'd have totally joined this group. I love D&D!

Back