• Our Earth Week 2024 mini-event is scheduled to begin tonight featuring hybrid flower breeding and more -- stay tuned!

What would you like to see in next Animal Crossing

To develop the friendship system. Make something like a visible indicator (maybe a simple friendship bar, hearts, flowers, faces, etc.) Depending on our friendship with certain villager we'd get to experience some kind of special events or unlock new features!
Say.. Every villager would have something like their own PWP, which is exclusive and rare. In order to unlock it, your friendship with this certain villager must reach insane levels. If you decide to build this, you get to dedicate it to them ONCE for the entire game. You can but you don't have to. If you do, there'll be a chance to make this villager your assistant (co-mayor, a business partner maybe?). Again, if you do, they'll never move out. Then they can have their own exclusive places, like cafes or shops (different for every villager, or at least every personality type) and you can run these with them! Awesome, huh? Or am I just Harvest Mooning right here. ._.

To choose where homes are placed!!!!!!!!! And maybe be able to get rid of pesky rocks somehow!

I would love to see some interesting caves, maybe with special minerals and rocks. :D

A reset villager option. As in talk to [Isabella] and then she forces a villager into their default state, maintain friendship though.

BRING BACK THE OLD WILD WORLD/CITY FOLK MUSIC!!!!

. i would like to be able to peek into villagers' pockets since they can apparently see ours (i swear they are wizards!)

. lockers in re-tail to make it easier to sell turnips in someone else's town

. An option to hang villager pictures on the wall, like you can with paintings

. To be able to change villager's homes inside as i want my villager houses to look a certain way.

Would like to be able to set our day's instead of 6am..
Maybe a bigger town or village

I would like more storage space as using the museum rooms as another option of storage space takes awhile if your items are scattered around your town.
I would also want the option to remove a rock in a path as they get away. Sometimes i try to build my paths around a rock if one is in the way, however it just ends up making it look like a mess.
In retail, their should be a locker/maybe abd so it's easier for visitors to come and sell turnips.

I think it would be awesome to be able to have more clothes options, like maybe being able to layer, and wear coats and cardigans and scarves. Also, I think being able to make Tree Houses would be cool, which you could decorate the inside and outside. It would also be nice to have more of an area to explore, maybe there could be an option to 'go on holiday' somewhere, and you could have a holiday home? XD

Probably already said. Idc im not going to go re-read. A way to make villagers permanent, a way to choose where they live, new species, more things that animals say, they always repeat the same stuff. More furniture series, im fine with everything the way it is besides this stuff. OH! And also, a way to trade fish/bugs with other people, or maybe even bring back the gyroid next to your house in GC that lets you sell whatever you want. Maybe custom fishtanks. (I like having pets okay >:/) I think people are thinking to deep about certain things.

ALSO LONGER HAIR STYLES!!! Maybe even make your own face! also a lot of players have different skin colors.. So that should be made available to change too

I thought of something small, but Merengue is supposed to be the eldest of triplets. It's one of her April Fool's day hints. It would be a little cliche, but we could have two other cake themed rhinos who could be implied to be related to her. (Similar to how Chrissy and Francine could be implied to be related.) It'd be cute if one was named Velvet and based on a red velvet cake.

More room in pockets, more space for designs, ability to designate areas for villagers' houses... No more moving into a random spot and destroying my paths and flowers >:|

I'd love to see campers wandering around the town and seeing everything. I hate how they're always talking about "visiting" the town, but they're really just cooped up inside their tent/igloo.
I'd also like to be able to have more than one ordinance at a time, and I want a longer town tune. :p

Those ideas are PERFECT!!!

I'd like if you report a villager because they're wearing clothing, custom or not, you don't like, or have a catchphrase you don't like, it reverts back to their default shirt or catchphrase. For example, Whitney gets reverted back to her floral knit shirt and her original catchphrase "snappy".

This is something I think about way too much. I'm always coming up with ridiculous ideas and discussing them with (or just blabbering at) my family. A couple things I'd like to see are...

Transportation! Gracie has a car, why can't we? Or even a simple bike or roller skates. It would make those stop light and bus stop town projects more useful. It'd be nice to get around faster... without running and destroying flowers, of course.

Apartments/Multi-Animal Complexes! This would allow more animals in your town and add a different aspect to the game. Wouldn't it be cute to see animals with roommates? I think it would be lovely to have a little second story on top of a normal house (maybe not every house, just a few), and a side set of stairs, kind of like Shampoodles.

That's all I have for now. ^^

The ability to choose where the villagers plot their houses! and.. more dialogues??? and perhaps even special dialogues that only a specific character can only say hahah

oh and the ability to make backgrounds transparent when making QR designs! (it would be much easier to make stepping stones that way.. instead of constantly having to change the background color to suit the grass color...)

alsoooo I wish they'd bring back the old cranky personality! where they are literally cranky, but soon warm up to you the more time you spend with them :D its much cuter that way!

Bring back the old cranky personality (I'm fine with the current snooty personality tho)
A secretary that is not Isabelle (i.e. more secretary character & ability to choose one of them)
15 villagers per town
Ability to choose where villagers move in or at least change their housing location after they move in
Permanent villagers. We could do this is WW couldn't we?
More space for custom designs
Ability to delete the mayor (one of the alts can become the new one)
Ability to change the town name

I want you to go really creative here!
If you could get ANYTHING, what would it be?

I think that the game would be better already when they just change the camera angles in a way similar to Mario Galaxy. That it follows your in third person and you would be able to see houses from the back too!

More villagers, have the building on Main Street look a little bit more... small town (I.E T&T Emporium), have Brewster's in the museum again, more dialogue, have the villagers act more like their personality type,

- Bring back the old personalities (when they weren't watered down)
- Being able to make QR codes transparent and you can rotate them
- Better villager AI
- More villager variety (i.e. more octopi villagers and more variety in the wolf personalities since they mostly consist of snooties and crankies)
- River aesthetic (I just miss the lily pads int he GCN ver. and has this huge lily flower that would bloom)

1) Comic book shop where we could buy collectible and tradable comic books based off the adventures of in-game characters. We would also be able to figurines, posters, and decor based off IRL comic book franchises.
2) I want Katrina to have her own shop that will sell incense, gemstones, tapestries, and just overall goth and New Age-y stuff for the players who are into that sort of thing. Players could also go there to get their fortunes told, their palms read, or to ask Katrina to contact the spirits in case they have a special message for the players. I think the shop should be one of the last PwPs unlocked and should be designed to look like a gypsy caravan.
3) I want female characters to wear dresses.
4) I'd like to see the villagers upgrading their houses from time to time. I would also like to see them actually dating, getting married, and moving in with each other. This would allow room for more villagers. Perhaps, we'd be able to house 24 villagers (12 couples or 24 single individuals) rather than 10. Rumors would circulate about the couples' ups and downs rather than just focusing on whatever the mayor does, but the couples don't have to have kids. It'd be cool if they did, but I feel like that'd be asking too much of Nintendo.

Last edited:
1.) Have a new PWP called 'Sign' where you can place it anywhere in town and a villager can only move into that spot (Sorta like the CF house placement but this time you can decide where its placed)
2.) Like there is a separate pocket for mail there should be a pouch for tools and wetsuits only, I have had so much trouble trying to fit all of my tools and fish/bugs/fossils in the same pocket at once!
3.) Upgrades for the Nook's Homes, I want to see more options for homes!

I think that the game would be better already when they just change the camera angles in a way similar to Mario Galaxy. That it follows your in third person and you would be able to see houses from the back too!

I still think that my wish changes the most in terms of how the game plays xD

1: Placement of villagers houses- isn't that a part of a mayors job??
2: More villagers per village.
This may just be me, but cheaper to expand your house- sometimes I can't be bothered to bug hunt all night!!

1) A Skin Color Option ~ That's just racist to people who have darker skin. I feel sorry for them.
2) Vacant Homes ~ It's annoying how villagers can place their homes in our hard-worked hybrid garden.
3) Maple Trees ~ Personally, I'm getting bored of seeing those green trees. My town can't stay in April forever.
4) Storage In Re-Tail ~ There could be someone who is in charge of storing your items. The child of Reese and Cyrus?
5) Peeking Into Your Neighbors Pockets ~ I really would love to be able to ask them to trade and give them gifts.

A tool box!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if it's rather expensive, I'd love a toolbox that lets you store all of your tools in one inventory slot, while still allowing you to shuffle through them with the left and right buttons on the d pad. Sick of having to use up my letter slots for my tools :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I think that the cherry blossoms should vary by fruit tree, and should last for much longer. (Like maybe certain types could bloom at different times, kinda like the bushes!)

Back