• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Smash Bros Is It Worth It To Own Both Versions of Sm4sh?

Is It Worth It To Own Both Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS?

• Total voters

Holla

Easter Moon
Cherry 🍒
Persimmon 🍅
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Simple question: Do you think it's worth it to own both versions of Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U?

Clearly each version has its own pros and cons but is having both truly worth it in your opinion?

I don't think so.
I only got Smash 3DS because I reaaaaaally wanted to play some new Smash and I am an impatient <censored> so I ended up getting it in October.

It was fun fasho, but it quickly became inferior once the Wii U version dropped and I ended up selling the 3DS version.
Wii U version is superior in many ways.
Smash 3DS is still solid though, don't get me wrong.
It's a nice title to have in your 3DS library(the game cartridge is nice too) and it's a fun game to play while you're on the go.

I have both and I almost never play either of them.
But if I had to pick one I like better, it's the WiiU version by FAAARR
It's so much better.

I think I'm going to grab the 3DS version sooner or later. I'm glad I was patient enough to wait until the Wii U version. I tried the demo for Smash 3DS, but I couldn't really get too into it.

The 3DS version feels more like a demo for the real version (Wii U).

Aside from the roster, it's essentially just Brawl without Subspace Emissary and Smash Run (which was a pretty underwhelming game mode). Just buy Brawl instead of the 3DS version.

I would say that if you can afford both of these games, then go ahead. Otherwise, I would be more inclined to just get the Wii U version, provided that you own the console itself or plan to do it soon. That version has more controller options, more trophies, more music, better character models, 8 players mode and an overall better experience. If you can't afford a Wii U and the game, then you can't go wrong with the portable 3DS version. That game is great if you have a few minutes to kill.

If you have both systems then I would suggest the Wii U version. I played the demo for Smash 3DS and it just made me excited for the Wii U version, not the 3DS versions, if that makes sense. lol

Both because Mewtwo. But only Mewtwo. I'd sell my 3DS version if most of my friends didn't only have 3DSes

Yeah, I already own both a Wii U and 3DS so having the system isn't an issue. I've definitely been set on the Wii U version for a while, but I'm just debating on weather or not to get the 3DS version as well... Even so I plan to buy the Wii U version shortly and another game for 3DS that has priority over Smash 3DS so I have time to think about it.

Both because Mewtwo. But only Mewtwo. I'd sell my 3DS version if most of my friends didn't only have 3DSes

Might make sense for some people but in the end he's just one DLC character it's not like half the game. Not to mention I already have a Smash 3DS code registered in my account (it was given to me) so I can technically get the DLC without even having to buy the 3DS version.

Then the only thing the 3DS version offers you is unique stages and worse controls. It'll also save you from a broken circle pad should you choose not to get it. There's better things to buy on the 3DS

Last edited:
I only have a 3DS so that's my only option. If I was given the choice, I would have gone with the Wii U version and probably would have passed up the 3DS version. The 3DS version is good, but the Wii U version looks a lot better and controls better, and if your 3DS is anything besides an XL or New XL, you won't be able to see what's going on. Tbh I'm always a bit scared I'll break a button if I'm really into a fight on the 3DS version.

Then the only thing the 3DS version offers you is unique stages and worse controls. It'll also save you from a broken circle pad should you choose not to get it. There's better things to buy on the 3DS

Yeah good idea as my circle pad is a bit finicky as it is, since It'll be 3 years old soon and has had tons of game time on it. My circle pad still works perfectly fine but it ocassionaly clicks when I move it if you know what I mean so slamming it around for Smash probably isn't a good idea.

Yes. I have both (got the Wii U version on the 16th of this month), and they each have unique features. I personally love both.

(the Wii U has the awesome graphics. I nearly cry every time I see the beautiful graphics <3)

Mewtwo will be released as paid DLC at some point anyway. Mewtwo isn't worth another ?40.

Ehhhh...It has unique stages, but a majority of them are just Brawl stages.

yes!! it's totally worth it to own both!
the 3ds version is kickin' rad and a lot of people have the 3ds, so there's many more opportunities to practice/train.
the wii u version has amiibos and the nintendo gamecube controller as an option, so that's an automatic a+.

Ok guys! I now own Smash for Wii U and I love it so far! Still on the fence about getting the 3DS version though... hmm..

HECK HECK HECK HECK HECK HECK HECK HECK yeah!

I have both versions and it's basically WORTH it. I love Smash, and the 3DS version is great for portability! The Wii U version is PERFECT for pictures!! I even have an entire arc of pictures of almost every sighting of a certain pearly-looking ball covered in stars. And also, after several months, It made me FINALLY stop using Kirby's 6th color (Emo Kirby), and I moved on to his 8th (Alpha Meta)!!

Back