Smash Bros Your expectations for 5mash.

there probably won't be another smash, but if so:
Mechanics that feel much closer to melee than brawl and sm4sh... wavedash, chaingrabs, melee hitstun and knockback
Ice Climbers and Snake
Less campy characters than those introduced in sm4sh.
More retro stages and more stages that are obviously created with the competitive scene in mind
More dlc options including characters and stages
Better online. In terms of both content and options as well as reduced lag and whatnot.
a wwe game style character creator
cooking mama for smash 5

Last edited:
Sakurai said he's not making another game so idk.

Last edited:

He always does and then he always makes it. Dude's probably going to die making one of these the next time. :(

If anything I'd rather we not get another inferior version for handhelds. As fun as it was for like a month or two before the real deal came out, I feel like we would have been fine with the Wii U version alone.

If anything I'd rather we not get another inferior version for handhelds. As fun as it was for like a month or two before the real deal came out, I feel like we would have been fine with the Wii U version alone.

especially if it limits the full release like sm4sh for 3ds did.

Bring Lucas back :(

More Mother representation in general would be cool, I think an autoscrolling (i.e. Icicle Mountain and Rumble Falls) Empire Porky Building stage could work well.

I want it to be an improved Brawl. Fuse stickers with Sm4sh's customs, add SSE again, and make the challenges interesting instead of being half "do this" and the other half being "do this again with this character." Also by improved, I mean no tripping. Even by Diddy's bananas.

Sakurai is like the Hayao Miyazaki of games.

"This is my last one, I mean it."

*five years later*

"LOL JUST KIDDING HAVE A NEW GAME BUT IT'S MY LAST ONE, I'M RETIRING"

Repeat.

What

Sm4sh released very recently and we're already discussing the next version?? All I want is for ice climbers to return.

What

Sm4sh released very recently and we're already discussing the next version?? All I want is for ice climbers to return.

I was predicting the Wii Balance Board as a newcomer for 5mash after Wii Fit Trainer was revealed. I don't see this thread as a problem.

Also, nobody has mentioned of removing Smash Tour. Did everyone just forget about how bad it was?

I was predicting the Wii Balance Board as a newcomer for 5mash after Wii Fit Trainer was revealed. I don't see this thread as a problem.

Also, nobody has mentioned of removing Smash Tour. Did everyone just forget about how bad it was?

It's luckbased. Also, no more "THIS IS A TEPIG. IT HAS FLAME NOSTRILS." stuff. And by this I mean edit the trophy descriptions for Tepig, Chespin, and Spewpa, so they can't be called Mechpig, Chesdroid, and Spewbot.

If Sakurai doesn't make it, it'll still be good but honestly I don't see it being made at all.

I wasn't even considering a 5th Smash since this one came out recently. I would hope they'd add more DLC stages and characters to this one.

Back