• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you have any weird "ticks?"

Caius

De Profundis
Retired Staff
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Yellow Tulip
White Tulip
Red Tulip
Winter Mittens
Orange Mote of Flame
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Waluigi Easter Egg
Green Fair Pinwheel
Rainbow Feather
Green Feather
Ticks, habits, things you do without realizing it.

As an example, when I get bored and I'm in a good mood I start to sing, usually to myself and only when I'm alone, but it's something I just noticed a couple days ago.

You guys?

When I'm sat still for a long time I sometimes start tapping songs with my feet. I make the beat with my left foot and the melody with my right foot.

A few of my habits:

1. Sometimes when I get a really nice compliment from someone online, I'll get fluttered and walk away from my computer somewhere random around the house and do something.

2. If I feel I'm standing awkwardly in a public place I'll pretend to itch my chin or neck.

3. Leaving my clothes on the floor instead of throwing them in the basket. I get so tired at night I just forget.

Whenever my roommate and I do something together, I have to be to the right of him and he has to be to my left. We went years without noticing this until our mutual friend pointed it out.

Whenever I get stressed or really have to concentrate I lick the left (and only the left) side of my mouth.

1. Sometimes when I get a really nice compliment from someone online, I'll get fluttered and walk away from my computer somewhere random around the house and do something.
I do this too! Even when it's just someone who I really like talking to and they talk to me, I'll get so happy and I'll usually get up and start smiling and pace around a bit.

I also tend to play with my hair when I don't have anything else to do with my hands so by the end of the day it probably usually looks sort of messy, and in the rare instances when I actually wear glasses I always try to push them up with my fingers even when they're already on.

Last edited:
I have to flip my hair sevearl times before I put my hair up in a pony tail.
I can do it sevearl times before I feel I get it just right.
I've been asked when I'm head bagning many times while doing this.

My cat has this spot of different colored fur on her forehead, and I have to kiss my thumb and then touch that spot everytime I pet her.

I hate when things aren't balanced color wise. Wether i'm making a pokemon team or deciding what villagers I want I hate if it doesn't stick to overall balance or one color scheme.

When watching something I repetitively twitch my left eye to the point its muscle aches >< I also pop my jaw but only when I feel the need to so I don't really think that's a tick.

When I'm in an intense pokemon battle, I'll start pulling on my hair or brushing my fingers through my hair.

After spending a ton of time online, I'll go downstairs and wander around each room then go back and sit down.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I hate when things aren't balanced color wise. Wether i'm making a pokemon team or deciding what villagers I want I hate if it doesn't stick to overall balance or one color scheme.

Yuh, kinda like me. I arrange my pokemon in genders so male on one side and female on the other.

I flex my feet a lot. Mainly when I'm sitting down. And if I have to sit still, my feel will always feel the urge to move.

Yeah, I can start mimicking to songs when I'm on my mp3player or listening at my computer or whatever. I can't sing at all mind you.

Also scratching myself on my back or belly when I'm bored or focused

By "ticks", are you talking about this? If so, then I crack my knuckles, I sometimes blink my eyes really hard and I occasionally roll my eyes balls.

I stick my tongue out slightly when I concentrate. I don't even know when I'm doing it until someone points it out to me.

Back