• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Kojima being let go in December from Konami.

Mostly all Japanese companies, they tend to grow to hate money by making really stupid ass decisions. Still waitin on Capcom to die out but Monster Hunter keeps them just barely afloat.

I think a better way to put it would be that money's made them stupid.

Yeah will be exciting at least to see what the future holds for him. Can't be mad that he left a company that was basically irrelevant to what he wants to do. Aside from being one of the most recognizable names he's one of the funniest too

Yeah will be exciting at least to see what the future holds for him. Can't be mad that he left a company that was basically irrelevant to what he wants to do. Aside from being one of the most recognizable names he's one of the funniest too
He basically got fired. Leaving implies that it was his own choice.

So does anyone know what the Japanese side reaction to things are?

looking at the western reactions it seems to be a mix of

a) the same general reactions this thread has, only elsewhere
b) "good riddance, I'm sick of him anyways" (failing to understand WHY exactly this is a huge problem)
c) "lol, good joke Kojima/Konami"/"Kojima pulls this stuff all the time" (I don't even know where to begin on how ****ing moronic this faction is. that or delusional, but regardless....)

and I'm rather curious as to if this is any more centralized to one sector in Japan. checked a bit of twitter, but not near enough to get a good picture. not to mention that twitter is only one outlet, and I'm not even sure how big it is in Japan compared to other Japanese-only social media sites

Last edited:
So does anyone know what the Japanese side reaction to things are?

looking at the western reactions it seems to be a mix of

a) the same general reactions this thread has, only elsewhere
b) "good riddance, I'm sick of him anyways" (failing to understand WHY exactly this is a huge problem)
c) "lol, good joke Kojima/Konami"/"Kojima pulls this stuff all the time" (I don't even know where to begin on how ****ing moronic this faction is. that or delusional, but regardless....)

and I'm rather curious as to if this is any more centralized to one sector in Japan. checked a bit of twitter, but not near enough to get a good picture. not to mention that twitter is only one outlet, and I'm not even sure how big it is in Japan compared to other Japanese-only social media sites

From what I've seen people are disgusted and curious.

Hold up!! It's like taking My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and removing all mentions of Twilight Sparkle.

Twilight Sparkle is one of the horses, right?

If that's the case then no, it's not. Kojima is the creator of Metal Gear, not one of the actual characters.

Twilight Sparkle is one of the horses, right?

If that's the case then no, it's not. Kojima is the creator of Metal Gear, not one of the actual characters.

So it's like removing Skyl-- That already happened. More like removing Trey Parker and Matt Stone from South Park.

I know this might seem like a crazy bump, especially after there hasn't been a post here in a month, but...

Guillermo Del Toro announced yesterday at a panel that Silent Hills was canceled. Konami is also pulling the P.T. demo from the Playstation Store; so grab it now if you haven't.

So, RIP to one of the only interesting horror games for miles.

Last edited:
I know this might seem like a crazy bump, especially after there hasn't been a post here in a month, but...

Guillermo Del Toro announced yesterday at a panel that Silent Hills was canceled. Konami is also pulling the P.T. demo from the Playstation Store; so grab it now if you haven't.

It really is such a shame, many of the Silent Hill games were among my favourites.

Good job Konami, you've shot yourself in the foot and are now bleeding out. Go join Capcom in the irrelevant bin and die, thanks! :)

CDhkIPsWAAAHTVy.jpg

basically confirmed 100% accurate

Damn, this is such a shame.
And I was looking forward to that game. :C

(Seriously, it's like Konami is pulling a Capcom and getting rid of all of the good crap that we need...if they dare cancel MGS V, I'm so done)

- - - Post Merge - - -

CDhkIPsWAAAHTVy.jpg

basically confirmed 100% accurate

This is so true, its sad.

MGSV is probably safe at least, in that its already so far in development that it'd be a complete waste of money to can it now.

Back