Kojima being let go in December from Konami.

Oh, yeah I know Kojima gave Rising his blessing. It wasn't that about it that made it feel off. It was just how rushed it felt. Kojima games aren't rushed if you partake in all the cutscenes. Then again it's pretty impossible to get lost in Rising, so that may be a part of it.

I kind of felt the same with Revengence. It was an okay game, nothing really wrong with it, but I've never felt the need to go back to it at all. It just doesn't have the same 'stuff' Metal Gear usually does in terms of freedom to take different paths, exploration, extra content, easter eggs, blah blah blah. It just wasn't 'fleshed out' like the other games.

In a way, it kind of felt like it was supposed to be another game entirely with Raiden/Metal Gear stuck on the front to sell more copies.

As the next step in the series, KONAMI has already resolved to develop new “METAL GEAR”.

*sigh*

If people thought Metal Gear was already confusing and convoluted, just wait until Konami has him appearing in games that make absolutely no sense from either a continuity or timeline perspective just so they can pump out more games.

I hope you like plot holes...

Last edited:
A similar thing happened with Keiji Inafune + Mega Man and Capcom. Except Capcom didn't remove his name from everything Mega Man related. They just stopped letting him develop Mega Man. So he left, founded his own company, and is now about to release Mighty No. 9!

Was never a fan of MGS (was more into Castlevania), but it's disgusting to see a company like that screw over someone who had honestly dedicated a huuuge chunk of his life to them and the games. They should remove his name from the games he worked on, that's just some straight up BULLS**T.

Last edited:
I kind of felt the same with Revengence. It was an okay game, nothing really wrong with it, but I've never felt the need to go back to it at all. It just doesn't have the same 'stuff' Metal Gear usually does in terms of freedom to take different paths, exploration, extra content, easter eggs, blah blah blah. It just wasn't 'fleshed out' like the other games.

In a way, it kind of felt like it was supposed to be another game entirely with Raiden/Metal Gear stuck on the front to sell more copies.

*sigh*

If people thought Metal Gear was already confusing and convoluted, just wait until Konami has him appearing in games that make absolutely no sense from either a continuity or timeline perspective just so they can pump out more games.

I hope you like plot holes...

I agree with this. I won't be buying another MG unless Kojima is behind it in some way. In fact I may just stop buying Konami games as a whole. Sucks, because I love DDR, but I'm not going to give a company like this my money.

I agree with this. I won't be buying another MG unless Kojima is behind it in some way. In fact I may just stop buying Konami games as a whole. Sucks, because I love DDR, but I'm not going to give a company like this my money.

I would avoid Konami games but I already think that most of their franchises have turned to trash already...So avoiding Konami games wouldn't be that much different from what I do now.

Castlevania seems to have took a nose dive in quality, I was never a fan of Silent Hill anyway (3spoopy5me), Contra and Zone of the Enders are dead franchises...I'm actually really baffled to what else they do aside from that and Metal Gear...TO WIKIPEDIA!

Of course, this is just the statement that Konami released and isn't true but the public can't know what truly happened, so he will sadly die as a villain with only those close to him knowing the truth. He's a true hero.

Hideo Kojima is the irl The Boss confirmed.

But for now, I'm going to remain cautiously hopeful that at least this game will go off as he planned. Mainly due to no sudden changes in release date or anything.

That said, I do wonder what caused this. It's one thing to be let go, but he must of really done something huge for Konami to remove all mention of him.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I would avoid Konami games but I already think that most of their franchises have turned to trash already...So avoiding Konami games wouldn't be that much different from what I do now.

Castlevania seems to have took a nose dive in quality, I was never a fan of Silent Hill anyway (3spoopy5me), Contra and Zone of the Enders are dead franchises...I'm actually really baffled to what else they do aside from that and Metal Gear...TO WIKIPEDIA!

The Yu-Gi-Oh! OCG/TCG still prints them money.

Though I'm not sure if that's a separate division or if all the money gets pooled to one area.

Last edited:
It seems that almost all big game companies are having some sort of problem lately.

The Yu-Gi-Oh! OCG/TCG still prints them money.

Though I'm not sure if that's a separate division or if all the money gets pooled to one area.

I always forget about Yu-Gi-Oh or that Konami makes it...Which is odd since my friend is always trying to make me play it, so it should be somewhat fresh in my mind.

I always forget about Yu-Gi-Oh or that Konami makes it...Which is odd since my friend is always trying to make me play it, so it should be somewhat fresh in my mind.

next time friend tries to get you into it

"No, I'm boycotting Konami. Sorry."

I'm really upset about it. I don't even know what to say.
I just really hope to God that Silent Hills won't be cancelled or turned over to someone else too.
I've never been so hyped for a horror game before.

It seems that almost all big game companies are having some sort of problem lately.

Mostly all Japanese companies, they tend to grow to hate money by making really stupid ass decisions. Still waitin on Capcom to die out but Monster Hunter keeps them just barely afloat.

Man, knowing Silent Hills was on the horizon was giving me a little glimmer of hope and now I'm just like "..."

I wonder what will become of it. PT was so unbelievably amazing and it would've been such a step in the right direction for the series after multiple failures. I liked MGS fine enough but my concern lies primarily with the future of the Silent Hill series and what's happening with all that now, since it gets passed around from dev to dev so frequently.

Ugggh.

yLezFy6.jpg

Leaked image from Konami HQ cafeteria.

Man, knowing Silent Hills was on the horizon was giving me a little glimmer of hope and now I'm just like "..."

I wonder what will become of it. PT was so unbelievably amazing and it would've been such a step in the right direction for the series after multiple failures. I liked MGS fine enough but my concern lies primarily with the future of the Silent Hill series and what's happening with all that now, since it gets passed around from dev to dev so frequently.

Ugggh.
Konami isn't cancelling it, so it all depends on who replaces Kojima and his team, as the development was reportedly moved to Konami HQ. Del Toro also had a lot of influence in it, and we're not sure if that guy is willing to work on it with the staff changes, or even without Kojima. The graphics won't change much, since they already have a base for the game, and the Fox Engine is Konami property.

Konami isn't cancelling it, so it all depends on who replaces Kojima and his team, as the development was reportedly moved to Konami HQ. Del Toro also had a lot of influence in it, and we're not sure if that guy is willing to work on it with the staff changes, or even without Kojima. The graphics won't change much, since they already have a base for the game, and the Fox Engine is Konami property.

Don't touch that dial now.... we're just getting started.

so hideo kojima joins hironobu sakaguchi (of final fanatsy) keiji inafune (of megaman) and yuji naka (of sonic) as the latest in a line of developers leaving and resulting in the franchise they created turning to utter crap. then again this is what happens when we put graphics and hype above all else. taking all bets on who leaves what next!

so hideo kojima joins hironobu sakaguchi (of final fanatsy) keiji inafune (of megaman) and yuji naka (of sonic) as the latest in a line of developers leaving and resulting in the franchise they created turning to utter crap. then again this is what happens when we put graphics and hype above all else. taking all bets on who leaves what next!

The promised day will come when they join together and make the ultimate video game developing company.

Pretty big coincidence that all those names have come from companies and/or franchises that have fallen in terms of quality and relevance in recent years.

I personally think it might have something to do with the publishers pushing them to do what everybody else is doing and fall into market trends to give the customer what they want for easy money. At least with Kojima, I can't see that being something he would have been happy doing.

I think something rather awesome would be created if those guys got together though, especially Kojima and Sakaguchi.

Last edited:
so hideo kojima joins hironobu sakaguchi (of final fanatsy) keiji inafune (of megaman) and yuji naka (of sonic) as the latest in a line of developers leaving and resulting in the franchise they created turning to utter crap.

Final Fantasy is still good though. In my opinion. I've enjoyed every game released thus far.

Back