Yellow Star Fragment
White Star Fragment
Red Balloon
Dreamy Party Popper
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Golden Easter Egg
Galaxy Easter Egg
New Year's Party Popper
I absolutely hate playing people who only use one only one character match after match... anyone else like that?

Not really? If they're good with the character they're using, I don't see it as a problem.

I don't understand why you would hate something like that. If your argument is that when you play with a specific player and they only use a specific character, then it gets boring or repetitive, it's a little silly.

I don't understand why you would hate something like that. If your argument is that when you play with a specific player and they only use a specific character, then it gets boring or repetitive, it's a little silly.

I mean I played a guy last night for like 20 matches and he used the same one every time... same strategy and it was super obnoxious, no variety and I don't know why they found it fun... its just dumb and you aren't really playing a game fully if you spam the same stupid thing every time....

Last edited:
To an extent, yea. If I'm playing against that person quite a bit it just gets boring and repetitive to be facing the same character over and over, especially in local play, especially when everybody else changes character every round so things don't get stale but one guy plays Meta Knight for the entire duration of the session (and still gets his arse kicked).

If someone wants to play as a certain character they can. It's thier choice not yours

To an extent, yea. If I'm playing against that person quite a bit it just gets boring and repetitive to be facing the same character over and over, especially in local play, especially when everybody else changes character every round so things don't get stale but one guy plays Meta Knight for the entire duration of the session (and still gets his arse kicked).

you can only run and grab me with ness and then use PK thunder before I just wanna smash your face in... and to me it doesn't show a lot of skill if you are the same person over and over... I have a lot more respect if you can be different people and do some cool stuff

I mean I played a guy last night for like 20 matches and he used the same one every time... same strategy and it was super obnoxious, no variety and I don't know why they found it fun... its just dumb and you aren't really playing a game fully if you spam the same stupid thing every time....

I see where you're coming from. It's a shame that you take it that way because a lot of players find complete enjoyment from playing a particular character. Also, making blanket statements like it's dumb or they're not taking the game in its entirety is a bold proclamation.

I see where you're coming from. It's a shame that you take it that way because a lot of players find complete enjoyment from playing a particular character. Also, making blanket statements like it's dumb or they're not taking the game in its entirety is a bold proclamation.
i mean its just my opinion like you have yours

you can only run and grab me with ness and then use PK thunder before I just wanna smash your face in... and to me it doesn't show a lot of skill if you are the same person over and over... I have a lot more respect if you can be different people and do some cool stuff

You'd imagine that after the 20th PK Fire or grab you'd be thinking ahead and actually dodge them.

I don't think it's boring. If they're good with the character then it's only a challenge (I like challenges) to beat them.

It depends really. Competitively using the same character like in 1v1 For Glory it would be the smart move to use the character you know best. Now in something like For Fun Team Vs. people should switch it up. On the other hand, if someone keeps using a character over and over spamming the same repetitive projectiles or something that's annoying.

It doesn't really bother me, but I think it would bother other people when I use sheik like 50 times in a row on for glory lol
esp 'cause i don't show mercy

same w/ ness

I may have four mains, but I normally only play as whoever I feel like playing as at the moment. I don't play online much- but if I want to keep playing as Bowser for ten matches, then I will.

honestly, chances are someone who is really really good with one character could probably beat you with most of the cast if they're just better at the game in general

Back