• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Club lol or Club 101?

It's Club LOL, that's a certainty... but I honestly wish that it WAS Club 101.

I cringe a little whenever people use internet shorthand in their offline writing, so the club name bothers me. Luckily, the name isn't brought up often, so I have the freedom to misread the sign if it makes me happier.

I always knew it was club lol, but couldn't they choose a better font for it? It really does look like 101. XD

I think it's club LOL, cause Shrunk is supposed to be funny and stuff. I never even thought of people calling it club 101 until now xD

I call it Club LOL and not Club 101. Sounds better and I don't think I've read or heard anyone call it Club 101.

It's Club LOL, that's a certainty... but I honestly wish that it WAS Club 101.

I cringe a little whenever people use internet shorthand in their offline writing, so the club name bothers me. Luckily, the name isn't brought up often, so I have the freedom to misread the sign if it makes me happier.

tbf I think the entire point of it is to be a cringe-worthy name

Shrunk's exact words: "Club LOL"
Get your vision checked if that looks like 101

the l's actually look more like 1's on the sign (even having the small markings on the top and bottom) so....

also, just now noticed that the inside of the o is a smiling mouth

Last edited:
Yeah LOL Defiantly. And Shrunk is or was a comedian so it makes perfect sense.

It's club LOL. In Spanish it translates to Club Jajaja (pronounced hahaha) and in Japanese it translates to Club 444 (which means something funny in Japanese, not the bad luck number!)

I always thought of it as club LOL 101 sounds like it could be right though xD I saw another thread that said 101 vz 444? Nintendo knows the answer!

tbf I think the entire point of it is to be a cringe-worthy name

Everything about Dr. Shrunk is cringeworthy haha. xD

I always thought it was Club LOL... which always made sense because LOL... laughing out loud... comedy club (albeit a terrible one)... y'know...

It's Club LOL. Shrunk calls it that and it makes sense since he's a comedian.

It's Club 101, lol (hahahahahaha). I think it makes more sense for it to be lol because Shrunk deals with emotions, right? Also if he's a "doctor" laughter is the best medicine, yeah?

Back