• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Should I time travel?

Espurr96

Chao Karate
Bells
Ok so time traveling has its perks of unlocking things faster obviously. I want to use it to grind my stores to unlock them, but what exactly are the risk besides weeds and losing villagers? And I know it's commonly used to progress in the game but for what I want to do, is it worth it? And when I am satisfied with what I did can I go back to the current date and time without losing all I did?

Last edited:
Just TT one to two days at a time, always checking for move-outs, and you should be fine. When you're done, you can TT back to the current date without losing anything, and going backwards only counts as one day no matter how far you go.

If you are antsy to have your shops unlocked, go for it. Just don't get hasty and start TTing super far ahead (unless you aren't worried about losing villagers).

Ok I'll be going 1 day at a time then, doing the things I do daily and trying to unlock my stores. Thanks for the heads up on the risk. See you all soon now lol.

Imagine it this way.

Let's say you TT 7 days. That's the equivalent of not doing ANYTHING, including loading your town in ACNL for 7 days.

You choose how much you TT.

I would not go more than 2 days forward at a time. And when you go back, you can go back as many days as you want and it will only count as 1 day.

I usually go one day at a time and always talk to my villagers to make sure the ones I don't want to leave won't leave. Sometimes I go six days ahead to move them out, since when I switched 3ds's animal crossing some reason went back to 2014 which is weird and I'm slowly moving the time back ahead to the original time we have now. Other wise time traveling is great, just pick the weeds out of town if you want to of course and be careful of those sneaky dreamies who always want to move out. Dang Mira, why'd you move out. So I learned my lesson on time traveling too many days ahead, you can always lose a villager. It's weird because I walked in front of her several times and saved and quit then walked in front of her again but she didn't ping me to move so there's another thing to worry about when time traveling, a stubborn villager won't ping you, why Mira why'd you move out.

Once you don't time travel something like 20 days ahead, you'll be fine!
the max I would do is 2-3 ;u;

I've always time traveled, and preferred it!
I think the games would be boring for me if I didn't!!

Just make sure that you're giving villagers a chance to ping you and you'll be fine. If you want to skip ahead by several days, just start as a new character and check if anyone's missing before skipping ahead with an existing character (let me know if you need me to explain that).

The only real issue with time travelling is that your turnips will rot if you go back while owning any. Otherwise, if you're careful (and especially if you have Beautiful Town) you'll be fine.

Personally in my main town I only go one day at a time talking to my villagers doing everything I need to in one day making sure none are moving. Cleaning up buying things etc. you risk loosing them them. You can always pick a villager you dont mind moving you need to talk to them like 10 times or more to hear the rumor per day too. Its not that bad. I would recommend not going back in time because your luck will suffer.

How I do it without my luck suffering: Time travel via 3DS clock, removing cartridge when changing the time, putting it back in when all the top screen thigns load like your coins, internet, and starting up the game again :D

Back